Drew Brees

deathonwings369

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything is hinging on his grievance claim. Once that is done, i believe we'll see a deal soon after

I don't get how his grievance claim would be effecting negotiations. To my understanding his claim is about weather or not this tag counts as his first or second franchise tag. It wont affect how much he would get paid this year and the difference it would make should he be tagged again is betwde 2-4 million for next season. However espn reported that the union has asked the league to investigate weather or not the saints have been negotiating in good faith. So I guess you could say the plot thickens with a less than three Weeks left to get a deal done there doesn't appear to be a sense of urgency on the saints part.

I don't get how his grievance claim would be effecting negotiations. To my understanding his claim is about weather or not this tag counts as his first or second franchise tag. It wont affect how much he would get paid this year and the difference it would make should he be tagged again is betwde 2-4 million for next season. However espn reported that the union has asked the league to investigate weather or not the saints have been negotiating in good faith. So I guess you could say the plot thickens with a less than three Weeks left to get a deal done there doesn't appear to be a sense of urgency on the saints part.

it is the guaranteed money that this would affect. Brees wants more upfront.

it is the guaranteed money that this would affect. Brees wants more upfront.

Not sure that is the case I've read numerous articles on this and they all say tbat no matter what the ruling is it wont change how much he gets paid this year playing under the tag. The only angle I can see is if the saints are considering tagging him again next year. If the arbitrator rules that this tag doesn't count as his second time being tagged then his tag next year will be 120% of his salary this year, where as if next year will count as his third time then the tag will be worth 144% of this years salary.

you talk about homosexuality a lot and seem pretty eager to have a dude's lips planted on your posterior

classic case of rejected Oedipus Complex

I understand you were the only boy who Sandusky played with that didn't want to see him go to jail. What will you do now that your play daddy is locked up?

Sandusky jokes aren't funny dude.

apparently he thinks what Sandusky did is funny....something to be joked about.

if some ******* ever did that to someone in my family he would never go to trial. yet this dude thinks its all a joke and uses the horror those people went through to try to play e-thug.

Not sure that is the case I've read numerous articles on this and they all say tbat no matter what the ruling is it wont change how much he gets paid this year playing under the tag. The only angle I can see is if the saints are considering tagging him again next year. If the arbitrator rules that this tag doesn't count as his second time being tagged then his tag next year will be 120% of his salary this year, where as if next year will count as his third time then the tag will be worth 144% of this years salary.

yea the only way hes getting more money this year is if he signs a long term deal.

With the Tag Hes looking at 16 Mill for the season. Next season would be 19.6 and then 23.5 for 2014. I suppose he wants something more than that for guaranteed money

Theres no logical way i could see the Saints trying to pull that though.