Drew Brees

deathonwings369

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get confused here folks. Drew Brees is by all means an elite QB. His football IQ and accuracy are deadly. However, let's just say that these "Breesus" claims are a little bit off base. There is no need to feel offended that Drew is labeled as a " System QB". Let's take a look at the definition of a system quarterback.

System quarterback is an American football term used to describe a quarterback who flourishes under a particular offensive system, specifically one that focuses on passing.

As I stated earlier.

Drew Brees spends 5 years in San Diego, never breaks 4000 yards.

Moves to Louisiana, breaks single season passing record.

Folks, this is no coincidence.

http://tindeck.com/listen/hzzk

I'm not offended in the least, in fact as stated earlier some of the best quarterbacks in the history of the game were "system QBs". Tom Brady is a system QB, but who cares, he has three rings, Montana 5 rings, Steve Young 1 ring, etc.

Did Drew Brees not go to a pro bowl in San Diego? An entirly different system. I hate how folks act like Brees was some wiley old veteran who gets in paytons system and becomes great. He was under 26 during his time with the chargers , a very young qb. He came to us at 26 yet again still young, who other than Brees has Payton coached to a pro bowl ? Nobody I'll save you the time. when has dallas had a top 5 offense under payton? Never I'll again save you the time. Brees makes payton look like a better coach as much as Payton make him a better qb. Just look at this year with Carmichael anyone with a decent knowledge of football can playcall a good game with a qb like Brees.

I cant believe one guy in this thread had the audacity to call Brees a system qb and say Rodgers isn't. Mike McCarthy is an offensive genius himself yet you never hear him get any credit for Rodgers success. Its always "Drew Brees and that system" yet never Rodgers and his system. Farve, Flynn and freaking Aaron Brooks have strived in McCarthys system so if anybodys a system guy its Rodgers. Not to say he's a bad qb though , I've come to the conclusion that people throw in Paytond name everytime they mention Brees to try and discredit his success at times.

Another thing Drew Brees is the only qb in history to toss for 5,000 yards or even 4,500 yards without a single 1,000 yard recever or 1,000 yard rusher and no pro bowl player other than him that year so any supporting cast talk holds no weight. He did that throwing to guys like David Patten and Ernie Johnson. And people want to say he had 1,000 yards dumping it off. You do realize these backs run routes out of the backfield right? Dumpoffs are when a guy goes and stands wide open and that never happens for us our backs are always accounted for .

Edited by Breesus is back 2

Good one, but I really think things are on the rise for the Falcons if you pay attention to what's happening in our camp. Shame things are going the other direction in Nawlins.

Dago, don't forget to get your cheap thrill in spell checking my post. I'll bet you enjoyed being a hall monitor in tard school.

let this be a lesson....attention to detail is very, very important.

it is why I will be a millionaire within the next several years and you will be shining my shoes in the airport. do a good job and I might give you a twopence tip and a nice pat on the head

let this be a lesson....attention to detail is very, very important.

it is why I will be a millionaire within the next several years and you will be shining my shoes in the airport. do a good job and I might give you a twopence tip and a nice pat on the head

I am so puzzled by what the D in big D stands for...

Let's not get confused here folks. Drew Brees is by all means an elite QB. His football IQ and accuracy are deadly. However, let's just say that these "Breesus" claims are a little bit off base. There is no need to feel offended that Drew is labeled as a " System QB". Let's take a look at the definition of a system quarterback.

System quarterback is an American football term used to describe a quarterback who flourishes under a particular offensive system, specifically one that focuses on passing.

As I stated earlier.

Drew Brees spends 5 years in San Diego, never breaks 4000 yards.

Moves to Louisiana, breaks single season passing record.

Folks, this is no coincidence.

http://tindeck.com/listen/hzzk

I will say this. San Diego threw the ball a lot more than New Orleans. It's no coincidence that they will lose without him. They say that Astroturf is a faster surface than grass. That does not mean at OL will outrun a WR.

Yeah... the bounty system.

Seems pretty obvious Drew would not be hoisting that big asterisk if not for all the cheating going on in the Minny game...

(hee hee hee)

REALLY? I suppose some might think that, but that kind of thinking is so counter productive. The way I see it, if that's the case, they sure as **** are paying for it now!

I am i Falcons fan but am visiting some New Orleans papers on some buisness. I have heard from multiple people that by holding out Drew Brees is no longer associated with an NFL team or the NFL. This way he is able to communicate with Sean Payton who by his suspension isnt allowed to communicate with anyone associated with the NFL. They could be game planning, or scheming, or who knows what. Just some food for thought.

I am i Falcons fan but am visiting some New Orleans papers on some buisness. I have heard from multiple people that by holding out Drew Brees is no longer associated with an NFL team or the NFL. This way he is able to communicate with Sean Payton who by his suspension isnt allowed to communicate with anyone associated with the NFL. They could be game planning, or scheming, or who knows what. Just some food for thought.

The team has placed a franchise tender on him and I think that still makes him their property till a certain date in July. They'd have nothing much to talk about except how shocked everyone is that so many photos showed up with pervert Sandusky and his favorite boyfriends, meezy, dago and jb069.

The team has placed a franchise tender on him and I think that still makes him their property till a certain date in July. They'd have nothing much to talk about except how shocked everyone is that so many photos showed up with pervert Sandusky and his favorite boyfriends, meezy, dago and jb069.

let me know when you are done shining my shoes....your mom is starting to bore me

You are horrible at this. Try harder little lady

Drew Brees on Outside The Lines today >>>>

Commentator - Are you willing to sit out?

Drew - "I would never sit out a football season. I love this game too much, I love my team too much."

So there you have it........better start tuning those defenses up.

Drew Brees on Outside The Lines today >>>>

Commentator - Are you willing to sit out?

Drew - "I would never sit out a football season. I love this game too much, I love my team too much."

So there you have it........better start tuning those defenses up.

Well I guess he just shot his leverage out the window...