Drew Brees

deathonwings369

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody know how far along his contract negotiations are and if a holdout is likely? how sweet would that be to have the saints with no captain to steer the rudder lol

He and his agent reportedly are $2 M from agreement. Brees in the meantime bought a race horse from Koby Bryant as a new career? or back up in case no deal is struck.

If I may be so bold to hijack this thread...

If anyone here seriously believes for a moment there's even an infinitesimal chance in Hades Drew Brees will not be QB'ing for the New Orleans Saints on opening day, well, let's just say you're mind is wiring checks your body can't cash...

Please!

Guest Gritz

I don't think it's a matter of whether or not Brees will be lined up behind center once the Taint season starts-he will be-the bigger and more tantalizing questions are how much of a distraction has this been to both Brees and the team? Has this distraction cut into Brees' preparation and commitment to this upcoming season?

I don't think it's a matter of whether or not Brees will be lined up behind center once the Taint season starts-he will be-the bigger and more tantalizing questions are how much of a distraction has this been to both Brees and the team? Has this distraction cut into Brees' preparation and commitment to this upcoming season?

Gritz,

Brews is one of maybe 3 or 4 QB's that I don't think it will and, if so, it wouldn't be picked up by the human eye...

The guy is a machine in their offense...just flip his on/off switch!

If I may be so bold to hijack this thread...

If anyone here seriously believes for a moment there's even an infinitesimal chance in Hades Drew Brees will not be QB'ing for the New Orleans Saints on opening day, well, let's just say you're mind is wiring checks your body can't cash...

Please!

Brees has a late June hearing with the NFL on the status of his franchise tag and whether he's been franchised once or twice since it was two organizations. We won't see a deal done till at least a week after that hearing.

Everyone has their own opinions on this matter.... All of the Brees backers will say "oh, it won't affect the team at all. we will be just fine.... then there is the other end of the spectrum " Brees might not sign, blah, blah, blah,...... I fall somewhere in the middle on this one and its not really a Brees deal for the most part. He will sign a tender at somepoint in time. He has already missed off season conditioning and may even miss some of training camp. With Payton M.I.A. this season I see a cumulative effect that begins with a slow start to the season. They may get their act together eventually on offense but not in time to save the season...

IMO of course...

QB. How much you think Brees/Saints will miss Payton on the sidelines?

Personally, I think less than one might think...because of Brees!

I believe coupled with their "us against the world" agenda is a well tuned offense years in the development with Drew Brees acting as their de facto, on-field offensive coordinator. I know they will be better with their new DC.

If this was the team prior to their last several years run or a team with most QB's it would be a greater issue. I just believe they know what to do by now and the real test will come with the gambling, high risk calls made in-game by a Head Coach. Payton is a master at this and this could be the difference between a game or two in the regular season...all it takes to beat them out!

I want the Saints to be a full strength when we spank them--no excuses!

that will be the only way we get any respect for a good season is if brees plays if we beat them. if, and i seriously doubts he sits out, we win the division all you would hear is "yeah but, the saints were without their best player".

that will be the only way we get any respect for a good season is if brees plays if we beat them. if, and i seriously doubts he sits out, we win the division all you would hear is "yeah but, the saints were without their best player".

Respect from the media, maybe, respect from Saints fans, no. They will still be without Payton. Saints fans, to this day, make excuses fot that loss in 2010.

Personally, I think less than one might think...because of Brees!

I believe coupled with their "us against the world" agenda is a well tuned offense years in the development with Drew Brees acting as their de facto, on-field offensive coordinator. I know they will be better with their new DC.

If this was the team prior to their last several years run or a team with most QB's it would be a greater issue. I just believe they know what to do by now and the real test will come with the gambling, high risk calls made in-game by a Head Coach. Payton is a master at this and this could be the difference between a game or two in the regular season...all it takes to beat them out!

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Guest Gritz

Gritz,

Brews is one of maybe 3 or 4 QB's that I don't think it will and, if so, it wouldn't be picked up by the human eye...

The guy is a machine in their offense...just flip his on/off switch!

You're probably right about that QB....probably that statement came from the Wishful Thinking Department.

Guest Gritz

......we win the division all you would hear is "yeah but, the saints were without their best player".

Oh yeah, they would beat that drum until their forearms fell off.

Even if he does play, he's going to get knocked up by the Falcons' defense twice a year. I'd rather that happen.

We will sack him a couple times in both games but none of the hits will carry any malice towards him. I think we are too classy of an organization to lower ourselves to that type of playing.

You know, as much as I hate the Aints and anything related. Bree's is a beast and I don't think there would be much of a drop off if he didn't make any mini camps if that was the only thing going on. Timing might be off a little bit and that might take a few games for him to correct, but not much. With that said, if he misses all of the mini camps, with Payton being out, and then the OC, I dunno. I don't see how that won't effect the entire offense. The Taint's run an offense big on timing and changing routes. They are going to have to simplify their offense for the first few games. I don't see how they can't. I believe they are also going to have a lot more turnovers if they try and run their typical offense. I just don't see them being the same offense for the first four or five games, but if any QB in the league can correct issues quickly it is Brees.