Vince Manuwai

I'm still hoping Johnson can take the RG spot, and Konz or Hawley can take C.

Konz isn't even being considered for center this year. He's been practicing with the second team offense at guard during otas and will compete for starting guard in training camp. I'm more interested in what's gonna happen at LT

I dont think they've given up on Hawley. I think they probably want him to be the starting OC this year or next and Konz to be the RG going forward starting ASAP.

LT-Baker-eventually-Holmes

LG-Blalock

OC-Hawley-or maybe McClure one more year or less

RG-Konz

RT-Clabo

I dont think McClure will be back in 2013. I doubt Baker is back in 2013 either. This could be the OL at some point in 2012, but it most assuredly will be in 2013.

Konz isn't even being considered for center this year. He's been practicing with the second team offense at guard during otas and will compete for starting guard in training camp. I'm more interested in what's gonna happen at LT

Konz was practicing with 2nd team at C, not G. Manuwai was the 2nd team RG. Konz practiced at RG with the 3rd team.

either way he still is competeting at G spot.. not C which is Wat I Dnt get.. but we'll see how this all plays out...

but he is competing at center, 2nd string center. He is only competing at guard in 3rd team. He is practicing at a higher level as a center than a guard.

Not to ask a silly question, but who played RG first team then?

Reynolds

but he is competing at center, 2nd string center. He is only competing at guard in 3rd team. He is practicing at a higher level as a center than a guard.

Reynolds

it doesn't matter where he is competing right now.. Ryan wasn't throwing with the first team when he first got here... Also only one person can play g or c at one time.. so alternating would make the only sense which is why he is practicing at 2nd and 3rd string...

it doesn't matter where he is competing right now.. Ryan wasn't throwing with the first team when he first got here... Also only one person can play g or c at one time.. so alternating would make the only sense which is why he is practicing at 2nd and 3rd string...

I agree that things will change, but what they will change too is just predictions. For now, I am going by what is occuring on the field. For the rest, we may have to wait till the end of the week, if not into training camp.

Edited by hjerry

Lofa Tatupu and V. Manuwai are in the same boat. I dont understand how some are either high on one and bottom of the barrel on the other.

Both guys were out of football and even though Lofa was a probowler prior that was early in his career. I hope that we get starter quality performance out of both of them but I am not expecting them to be vast upgrades over who they are competing against

Lofa Tatupu and V. Manuwai are in the same boat. I dont understand how some are either high on one and bottom of the barrel on the other.

Both guys were out of football and even though Lofa was a probowler prior that was early in his career. I hope that we get starter quality performance out of both of them but I am not expecting them to be vast upgrades over who they are competing against

Lofa is younger and was easy top 5 MLB at one time. VM can be good, but we would have to switch in a year or two.

Edited by xSICKxWITHxITx

Guest Gritz

I agree that things will change, but what they will change too is just predictions. For now, I am going by what is occuring on the field. For the rest, we may have to wait till the end of the week, if not into training camp.

Exactly...It seems a lot of people on here totally discount the meaning of training camp.

That's where starting jobs are won.

90% of Lofa's contract is garunteed, while Manuwai could be cut without penalty. They are not in the same boat. Lofa will at least be on the roster this season. His contract makes it silly and pointless to cut him. Manuwai's on the other hand...

Edited by hjerry

For some reason the OP's video didn't show up for me. It sounds like it was a slam anyway.

I still got my money on Manu. Not the greatest in pass protection but a flat out road grader.

TD stepped on his weenie when he let Dahl go.

Now we got Manu, Konz, Hawley, Reynolds, Johnson and Jackson trying to replace him. Jeez.

TD better put a freakin Oline together. THIS YEAR. If not it might be time for him to go.

For some reason the OP's video didn't show up for me. It sounds like it was a slam anyway.

I still got my money on Manu. Not the greatest in pass protection but a flat out road grader.

TD stepped on his weenie when he let Dahl go.

Now we got Manu, Konz, Hawley, Reynolds, Johnson and Jackson trying to replace him. Jeez.

TD better put a freakin Oline together. THIS YEAR. If not it might be time for him to go.

No I'm not knocking VM just not expecting much. I would live for him to come in and blow up, but he's 31 and McClures older. So if we have the future on our roster start them now to get the continuity going. I hated letting Harvey go also, but we couldn't keep them all. Gotta keep the line some what young or old age will be creeping up on the line and that can be bad.

No I'm not knocking VM just not expecting much. I would live for him to come in and blow up, but he's 31 and McClures older. So if we have the future on our roster start them now to get the continuity going. I hated letting Harvey go also, but we couldn't keep them all. Gotta keep the line some what young or old age will be creeping up on the line and that can be bad.

Contrary to popular belief Olinemen are like QBs and kickers. They can play well into their 30s. See McClure and Van Note.

I swear I believe most of our good posters look at a roster and pick out three things. Height, weight and age.

I get that yall wanna build for the future. Fk the future. The future is September 2012. Manu aint even a year older than Dahl.

The problem with our Oline is Thomas Dimitroff. His best Olinemen were brought in by Reeves and McKay (Clabo, Blalock, McClure, Dahl and Weiner).

SackMaker? Hawley? Reynolds? Vee Tek? Manu? Johnson? Dead President?

King Konz and Surelock Holmes better be good or it's time to drive that mofo out to the county line. That's too many picks and cap dollars for another whiff.

We need a freakin Oline people.

It all depends on what is shown in camp. If Manuwai is the best, he will get the job, but if there is someone younger that can do the job just as effectively and for less money, expect him to get the job. Vets will get the job when they are the best, but all coaches will go with youth when the talent is equal.

Contrary to popular belief Olinemen are like QBs and kickers. They can play well into their 30s. See McClure and Van Note.

I swear I believe most of our good posters look at a roster and pick out three things. Height, weight and age.

I get that yall wanna build for the future. Fk the future. The future is September 2012. Manu aint even a year older than Dahl.

The problem with our Oline is Thomas Dimitroff. His best Olinemen were brought in by Reeves and McKay (Clabo, Dahl, Weiner, McClure and Blalock).

SackMaker? Hawley? Vee Tek? Manu? Johnson? Dead President?

King Konz and Surelock Holmes better be good or it's time to drive that mofo out to the county line. That's too many picks and cap dollars for another whiff.

TD really hasn't had to draft oline until the past couple years due to having good players already. He can't control injuries his picks have gotten. As far as age if they are a 100 yrs old and can play I'm fine, but look the article Clayton wrote about an old O-line. Cowboys come to mind a couple years ago they had a lot of O-line talent, but we're getting old and failing them. Yeah they were still good run blockers, but we're struggling in pass protection. If McClure and VM are the best guys in camp start then I won't be upset. I just have a feeling from things I've seen and read its gonna be Hawley at C and Konz at G. We still got a ways to go though do we will see.

TD really hasn't had to draft oline until the past couple years due to having good players already. He can't control injuries his picks have gotten. As far as age if they are a 100 yrs old and can play I'm fine, but look the article Clayton wrote about an old O-line. Cowboys come to mind a couple years ago they had a lot of O-line talent, but we're getting old and failing them. Yeah they were still good run blockers, but we're struggling in pass protection. If McClure and VM are the best guys in camp start then I won't be upset. I just have a feeling from things I've seen and read its gonna be Hawley at C and Konz at G. We still got a ways to go though do we will see.
TD has drafted an Olineman in all five of his drafts. In fact he drafted two Olinemen in two of his drafts. He also brought in five free agent Olinemen. That's twelve Olinemen in five seasons. Still the Reeves and McKay Olinemen were better (Clabo, McClure, Dahl, Blalock and Weiner). Dude struggles mightily when it comes to building an Oline.