D-Led's Depth Chart Though Unofficial Sheds Light Raises ?'s.

WR-Julio Jones, Kevin Cone, Michael Calvin, Marcus Jackson

Three are battling to be Jones back up. Cone and Calvin both did little in college but blazed the forty at pro days. I consider Calvin and Jackson camp fodder, Cone is interesting. I want to see his hands this summer. Looks like a physical speciman in pics.

LT-Baker, Svitek, Harris(practice squad candidate)

LG-Blalock, Johnson, Manley

This is likely Johnsons last chance. Manley is a possible PSer.

OC-McClure, Hawley, Horn(possible PSer)

RG-Reynolds, Manuwai, Konz

I doubt this rotation order lasts long in mini camp. I expect Konz and Reynolds to switch and Reynolds to be cut. Manuwai has an outside shot at 53.

RT-Clabo, Jackson, Holmes

Jackson is a guy Im rooting for to make the 53, he has a lot of versatility. Holmes is a lock and will apparently be cross trained at RT and LT or atleast start at RT and then move to LT.

TE-Gonzalez, Palmer, Gallarda, Branson, Lemark Brown, Nissley, A White

This is interesting because Brown is really a big WR. I doubt he makes the team but Meier is also a big WR and if we keep 6 WRs Meier could double at TE requiring only two. I like Nissley because of his blocking, I dont like Gallarda or Brown. White seems like a possible PSer or guy we re-sign when rosters expand at the end of the season. Palmer could be in trouble if a few WR's make themselves hard to cut and Nissley shines.

WR-White, Douglas, Meier, Davis, Pearcy, Rodgers, Stafford

This is an interesting line up. Maybe someone with insight can shed light. White, Douglas, Meier are obvious 1,2,3. Davis was on PS last year, obvious 4. Stafford was late signing so obvious 7. Pearcy and Rodgers at 5 and 6, is that coincidence or is Pearcy catching some eyes? I expect Meier to make 53 with ST's. I think Pearcy and Rodgers could challenge Cone for 5 or even be 6th WR. Pearcy needs to work on hands.

QB-Ryan, Redman, Wilson, Davis

I think Wilson and Davis are batting for which one is on PS.

RB-Turner, Rodgers, Snelling, Smith, Nance Frey

First thing that strikes me is that Rodgers is second ahead of Snelling. Smith plays ST's and I dont see anyone taking his spot unless its another position.

FB-Cox, Snelling, Ewing, Meisner

Cox will be gone as well as Meisner. Snelling starting out ahead of Ewing, wonder how long?

RE-Abraham, Sidbury, Matthews, Nzegwu

Matthews is hurt and missing practice right now. I doubt he overcomes Sid. He and Zeg are possible PSers.

DT-Peters, Walker, Robertson

DT-Babinaux, Jerry, Regis

Robertson and Regis could be batting for a spot on 53 with the loser on PS.

LE-Edwards, Biermann, Massaquoi

WLB-Weatherspoon, James, Council, Hanson

Nothing but camp fodder behind Spoon

MLB-Tatupu, Dent, Gruder, Schiller

I hope to see the quicker Schiller pass the slower Gruder soon.

SLB-Nicholas, Adkins, Harris

Harris should challenge Adkins and Nicholas missing time gives him the snaps to do it.

RCB-Samuel, Robinson, Owens, McClain

McClain is camp fodder Samuel should end up at LCB.

NB-Robinson, Franks, Owens

Robinson should shine, Franks could be big nickel, Owens should stick to back up RCB.

LCB-Grimes, Franks, Walls, Markett, Thompson

Grimes can play well anywhere, Franks hopefully develops, Walls looks good outside either side. The last two are fodder. Possible developmental projects.

SS-Moore, Mitchell, Faulcon(possible PSer)

FS-DeCoud, Shillinger, Tuimaunei(dont bother learning to spell his name)

K-Bryant, nobody

KO-Bosher, Zimmerman(to reduce load on Bosher)

P-Bosher, Zimmerman

KR-Pearcy, Rodgers, Franks, Douglas

Again, is this indicative of where Pearcy and Rodgers are? I assume they are starting the rookies ahead of the vets on the depth chart because they want the unknowns to have the majority of the snaps early. They know what they have in Franks and Douglas. If a rookie grabs the bull by the horns, they can use the vets as back ups. If not we will be fine here.

PR-Franks, Douglas, Grimes, Pearcy, Rodgers

PR being the more pressure cooker situation, Franks is leading candidate. I see they have the three vets in order of least to greatest in terms of how much they play elsewhere. I doubt they want Grimes returning punts. The rookies are again Pearcy and then James Rodgers. Pearcy will make this team if he excels returning kick offs and earns trust to handle punts. He could back up Douglas in the slot but also challenge to push Cone off the 53 with his speed to back up Jones.

LS-Zelenka, Harris(camp body)

H-Bosher, Meier

Both are locks, yet another reason Meier sticks around. I hope he plays offense this year though. He is someone I really want to see this summer. Could be our surprise in camp.

Edited by Bier-fann

Here are the guys that I am keeping an eye on into the preseason, the UDFAs that I am curious to see if they make it. Of course, others could surprise but these are the guys that I'm most curious about.

QB - Dominique Davis (Can he beat out JPW or maybe even Redman?); WR - James Rodgers (used to excel at special teams and returning which could earn him a spot), Kenny Stafford (earned a spot in tryouts as a WR despite the roster already being loaded with rookie WRs, must have shown something); TE - Aron White (never got a lot of chances behind Charles and we are thin here); RB - Robbie Frey (is about as fast as Smith but taller, could take the 4th spot); OT - Bryce Harris (less competition here than G, and has been groomed by Hill); LS - Josh Harris (can he take over for Zelenka?); LB - Jerrell Harris (same as with White); S - Chad Faulcon (maybe not as impressive on the field as other rookies, but could beat out Schillinger b/c of good special teams play)

Edited by hjerry

Pearcy is the one I'm most excited to see. He has an obvious void that he could fill as atleast KR and maybe PR if he proves to be as reliable as Weems fielding the ball. His 4.31 speed should be an exciting spark missing from our return game and an obvious edge over James Rodgers. James has a good shot at the PS since they know he would likely stay here if others came calling. Pearcy also had a 44" vertical so fades could be lethal with him on offense.

Pearcy is the one I'm most excited to see. He has an obvious void that he could fill as atleast KR and maybe PR if he proves to be as reliable as Weems fielding the ball. His 4.31 speed should be an exciting spark missing from our return game and an obvious edge over James Rodgers. James has a good shot at the PS since they know he would likely stay here if others came calling. Pearcy also had a 44" vertical so fades could be lethal with him on offense.

I'm not sure it's as obvious as you think it is. I did a poll on this a few weeks ago, and, for the UDFAs, Rodgers won by a significant margin.

Edited by hjerry

Is this poll the fans point of view? I think the practices are a better indicator as they reflect the coaches point of view.

I agree, but going by that, we currently know nothing. Any suggestions on this board of one UDFA player on this board over another, are just fan opinions. For the coaches opinions we will have to wait another month and a half.

They are already forming opinions every time they see these guys in practice. We will get a small glimpse on tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. The order of lineups for drills is already starting to materialize. I dont know if Pearcy's chances become clearer, but I do think Konz moves on up.

Rodgers is eons better than Pearcy as a WR even though Pearcy is supremely talented. Film tells the biggest story. J. Rodgers was all conference as a KR and WR. Pearcy was just another measurables guy.