Position Rankings. De Edition.

Resse

MY Dline rankings IMO is based on age, potential, and a guy who might miss 4 games and how that will effect a team.

So here we go.

1. Panthers (CJ and Hardy)- CJ is emerging as the best DE in this division and Hardy has all the talent to be better then CJ. Both are young and just getting into their Prime Years. Not to mention they both can switch to a 3 tech on passing downs. Also have good depth with Applewhite and Keiser.

2. Falcons (Abe,Ray, Kory and Sidbury) The only reason they are ranked 2nd is Abe. Even thoe he's older and at best is a situational pass rusher. But I still respect the player he is. I hope for the falcons sake that Sid or Kory finally steps up. I have no faith in Ray.

3. Bucs (Bowers, Clayborne, and Bennett)- Clayborne showed me a lot and will just get better. Bowers is done for the year and may never be the player he was in college. But Bennett is very talented as well. If all 3 are ever healthy this could be a very strong group.

4. Saints (Smith, Jordan, Romeus, and Mcbride) Smith might miss the 1st 4 games and is on the downside of his career. Jordan had a disappointing rookie year and Romeus is done for the season. Spags is good but I don't see how he will get a pass at DE this year.

Edited by Resse

MY Dline rankings IMO is based on age, potential, and a guy who might miss 4 games and how that will effect a team.

So here we go.

1. Panthers (CJ and Hardy)- CJ is emerging as the best DE in this division and Hardy has all the talent to be better then CJ. Both are young and just getting into their Prime Years. Not to mention they both can switch to a 3 tech on passing downs. Also have good depth with Applewhite and Keiser.

2. Falcons (Abe,Ray, Kory and Sidbury) The only reason they are ranked 2nd is Abe. Even thoe he's older and at best is a situational pass rusher. But I still respect the player he is. I hope for the falcons sake that Sid or Kory finally steps up. I have no faith in Ray.

3. Bucs (Bowers, Clayborne, and Bennett)- Clayborne showed me a lot and will just get better. Bowers is done for the year and may never be the player he was in college. But Bennett is very talented as well. If all 3 are ever healthy this could be a very strong group.

4. Saints (Smith, Jordan, Romeus, and Mcbride) Smith might miss the 1st 4 games and is on the downside of his career. Jordan had a disappointing rookie year and Romeus is done for the season. Spags is good but I don't see how he will get a pass at DE this year.

Martez wilson is being moved in the line and you forgot turk mcbride he had 5 sacks as a backup in detriot and was injured all last year. And just because jordans rookie year wasnt steller doesn't mean this one wont be. He had 2 sacks taken by flags and was one of the best run stopping players in the league as a rookie.

Fox is a P.O.S. For his "Young players have to sit on the bench and wait" mentality. If we had both CJ and Peppers starting, back when we still had Peppers, our defense would have been much more aggressive, for at least a couple of years . Rather than CJ being Peps backup, and coming in mainly when Pep went to the bench.

Edited by pox 08

Martez wilson is being moved in the line and you forgot turk mcbride he had 5 sacks as a backup in detriot and was injured all last year. And just because jordans rookie year wasnt steller doesn't mean this one wont be. He had 2 sacks taken by flags and was one of the best run stopping players in the league as a rookie.

Don't be a homer dude most Saints fans will agree that the team is lacking at this position. And Jordan was the best run stopping player in the league really????? LOL. Put the Kool aide down.

No wait.

You must be smoking something if you believe that.

Panthers dominate this group hands down. CJ is the real deal. Falcons should have run harder for him last offseason instead of settling for Edwards.

And I agree with the rest of the rankings as well.

We would have been screwed this year with resigns. We would have had to pay CJ upwards of 13mil+ where as we got Edwards for about 5.5 Mil

Don't be a homer dude most Saints fans will agree that the team is lacking at this position. And Jordan was the best run stopping player in the league really????? LOL. Put the Kool aide down.

No wait.

You must be smoking something if you believe that.

lol

He was drafted to fit GW scheme which was for the lineman to stop the run. He isnt that big pass rush guy. Dont think he'll ever be. He is very good against the run though. NOt the best in the league, YET. lol I think he will produce under Spags better than he did under GW. I like him sliding inside on passing downs