The Varsity

falcon_bob

I honestly could not tell you why The Varsity is such a well-known restaurant in this city with SOOOOOOOO many other phenomenal places to eat (The Vortex, Three Sheets, and Six Feet Under just to name a few). The Varsity seriously no different than cooking burgers, hot dogs and fries at your house. It's the same exact complaint I have with Five Guys. I seriously need to start charging people money to come over and eat at my house because I make **** that The Varsity couldn't even touch.

It has to be the story behind it that makes it so popular.

I honestly could not tell you why The Varsity is such a well-known restaurant in this city with SOOOOOOOO many other phenomenal places to eat (The Vortex, Three Sheets, and Six Feet Under just to name a few). The Varsity seriously no different than cooking burgers, hot dogs and fries at your house. It's the same exact complaint I have with Five Guys. I seriously need to start charging people money to come over and eat at my house because I make **** that The Varsity couldn't even touch.

I go primarily for the frosted orange. But I agree with you. I think it's the history of the place.

I would eat at The Vortex more if it wasn't packed every time I'm in the area.

The history is the biggest draw to fame. But it's one of those guilty pleasure places. Cheap and greasy and you feel just a little bit dirty after. Not so dirty that you regret it, just dirty enough to make it feel good :-) Also, it competes with fast food more than places like Vortex. I'd take Varsity over McDonald's any day.