Falcons Vs. Raiders Week Six 2012

IronHead34

Looking at the 2012 schedule one week at a time. Week six: The Raiders

The Blackholes for the Raiders:

Palmer had a hard time coming back after a half year out, but still put up 2700 yards. With those 2700 yards came 16 INT's. The Raider D was a mess ranking near the bottom in nearly all stats.

Bright spots for the Raiders:

One heck of a rushing attack if it can stay healthy, a full season for Palmer and the passing offense could be a good thing.

Unknowns:

Which Carson Palmer shows up this year? Can Run DMC stay healthy for a full season? Will all those draft picks they gave up for Palmer be worth it?

Key Matchup(s):

The Raiders rushing attack vs. the Falcon D line and LB's. The Falcon's Offensive talent vs. a lack-luster defense.

Game Outlook:

On paper, this one favors the Falcon's by leaps and miles. Matt Ryan should feast on a little improved Raider D, and Turner / Quizz can help run out the clock. The only point I would be worried about is, the Raider D-line does have potential, they just have to own it. The Falcon's should be able to shore up the Raider offense with their talented secondary and LB core.

There are no easy wins:

One ugly blow out here. If the Falcons have a lop-sided win in them this year, I'm betting this is it. The Raiders blew up their coaching staff last year, and had almost no draft due to trading it all for a QB. I'm picking the Falcons to put up 40 on this team and heading into the bye week with a 5-1 record.

I see the Falcons winning this one in a big fashion but like you said in which it all depends on which Carson Palmer is playing because he does show the signs performing like a top Qb at times. Also, it depends on the stability of the Falcon's o-line as well because the Raiders d-line can cause problems with DTs Kelly and Seymour but the loss of Wimbley to free agency will hurt them if no one else steps up. The Raiders Cbs can be had especially with not finding a valuable replacement for Routt even though he is overrated but he still was their best corner.

I see the Falcons winning this one in a big fashion but like you said in which it all depends on which Carson Palmer is playing because he does show the signs performing like a top Qb at times. Also, it depends on the stability of the Falcon's o-line as well because the Raiders d-line can cause problems with DTs Kelly and Seymour but the loss of Wimbley to free agency will hurt them if no one else steps up. The Raiders Cbs can be had especially with not finding a valuable replacement for Routt even though he is overrated but he still was their best corner.

Bro,

you know your football, wanna help me write the next one?

LOl, yea dawnofdembirds knows his enemys .......good posts fellas, but I dont see this game as a blowout .....with the new attacking defense gotta be dam sure we dont overpursue on McFadden ....serious gap discipline or that guy has the capability of rippingt us a new one .......

I see this being one of our easier games, but they still have an explosive offense at times. Denarius Moore is awesome and Ford is very dangerous in the slot (He is the #3 WR btw) and also an extremely dangerous KR (he is the starting KR btw). Its all going to depend on their run game though. If they don't get that established then its going to be a long game for them.

All valued opinions here. This should be the game where our offense explodes and get people talking about the Falcons. The real Carson Palmer will show up with a healthy DMC, our defense will be tested. The Raiders will be coming off the bye week and have a chip on there shoulders after the azz whipping they get at Mile High. The time zone change does have effect on a teams ability to play in sync, plus the Dome will be rocking. The Falcons have to jump on the board early with quick strikes. Running the ball to much will keep the Raiders in the game. Falcons must make them one dimensional by taking away there run game, forcing Palmer to make plays.

37-17 Atl