Position Rankings. Guard Edition.

Resse

Guards are hard to rank in this division because 2 teams have some of the best in the league. I really struggled with who should be 1 in this division.

But I finally made a choice and here it is.

1. Saints (Grubbs, Evans) Both probowlers both have been All Pro(i think). If you're going to lose Nicks. Getting Grubbs is the way you replace him and not miss a step.

2. Bucs (Nicks,Joseph) They would be 1 easily in any other division. Nicks is the best Guard in the league and Joseph is just a level under Evans Grubbs and Nicks.

3. Falcons (Blalock,Konz, and Hawley) I think Konz should be the center but I guess they will start him at RG. But Blalock is the reason they rate higher then the Panthers. And if Hawley can't beat Mcclure for center he will be a avg. back-up at guard.

4. Panthers (Hangartner, Silitolu, and Pollack) Hang is underrated at RG and Silitolu may develop into the best Guard in the league in a few years. But right now this unit is just above average. Cats do have good Depth thoe at this position..

Edited by Resse

I'll admit to have had a man-crush on Carl Nicks....the dude is a mauler in the trenches and if you ever stood next to him (I have) he is a freakish giant of a man. Since he was drafted by New Orleans, it was a favotite pick of mine. You just knew this guy had greatness written on him. College indiscretions dropped his stock. I HATED seeing him leave New Orleans, but the money was right in Tampa.

But as a group rating, I believe you got this right. Evans is a man among boys as well and Grubbs seems to be the real deal.