Falcons Vs. Redskins Week Five 2012

Looking at the 2012 schedule one week at a time. Week five: The RedSkins

99 Problems, but the defense ain't one:

Rookie QB, followed by runningback by commitee(not even close to a 1000 yd rusher), followed by a weak WR core (Garcon is a nice signing).

Bright spots for the Chiefs:

Two capable TE (if they can stay healthy), always have a solid defense, RG3 is electric.

Unknowns:

Will Griffen be worth the hype? Who will be the best RB in the stable? While the defense is solid, can they improve from their upper-middle of the pack performance from last year.

Key Matchup(s):

Falcon WR vs. D Hall, RG3 vs The Falcon D

Game Outlook:

If my predictions are correct, the Falcons are 3-1 at this point of the season and are playing with some swagger, probably too much swagger for RG3 and the Skins to handle. I think the Redskins will be the worst of the NFC East this year UNLESS their defense can step up. It has a history of being pretty decent, but I do not think they can stop a talented offense.

There are no easy wins:

Matt Ryan is going to face some pressure in this matchup, and this could turn into a trap game if they are not careful. I still see a kinda lopsided victory, but not a huge blowout. Ill take a 24-10 kind of game with a Falcon's game.

Nolan will give RG3 many different looks but I wonder what type of scheme that he will use to try and contain him from the possibility of taking off down field because RG3 is probably the fastest Qb not named Vick in the NFL. I find this very interesting because the Falcons D struggled against most of the mobile Qbs that they faced last season and I want to see how Nolan can correct that.

Another interesting matchup is the o-line vs OLB Orakpo(9sacks), OLB Kerrigan(7.5 sacks), and DE Bowen(6 sacks).

Roddy and Julio will have a field day against the overrated D.Hall.

I believe that the Falcons win this game.

Yea, those guys are the reason I said Ryan will face pressure. The Skins seem to know how to put together a defense.

I agree

Their defense may take a hit though because both of their starting safeties from last season are gone in Landry(good at playing the run and not that special in coverage) and Atogwe(pretty good overall).

I really don't think their WR's are THAT bad. Garcon has the potential to put up BIG numbers with RG3 under center. Hankerson is legit if he is healthy and Moss is a solid vet and Josh Morgans receiving ability is very underrated cause he got stuck blocking most of the time and with crap QB in SF.

Edited by Clark Kent

Helu will get 1k rushing yards this year if healthy. Fred is a beast. Defense should be better this year. It depends on RG3, if he is at least average then the Falcons could have some problems. Falcons will be the favorites, can't wait till this year starts.

Why do we have redskins and cowboys fans on board????? I understand the sucks, panties and the taints, but why them??

Helu will get 1k rushing yards this year if healthy. Fred is a beast. Defense should be better this year. It depends on RG3, if he is at least average then the Falcons could have some problems. Falcons will be the favorites, can't wait till this year starts.

I sort of agree on helu. I think RG3 opens up some of the running game for him a bit. I would not doubt Fred Davis in any way (I may be partial as he graduated from the same High School I did).

RGIII is gonna be in a walking boot by this game. He's to small to play behind that current line. He's gonna have to run for his life every game and he has too small a stature for mobile NFL QB. Cam is successful cause of his big frame RGIII is smaller then Vick and we see how easily he gets banged up and tossed around. Plus he plays in the same division so every defense he will face is used to the QB running out the pocket. Griffin has a lot if potential but doubt if he'll remaining healthy in WAS.

RGIII is gonna be in a walking boot by this game. He's to small to play behind that current line. He's gonna have to run for his life every game and he has too small a stature for mobile NFL QB. Cam is successful cause of his big frame RGIII is smaller then Vick and we see how easily he gets banged up and tossed around. Plus he plays in the same division so every defense he will face is used to the QB running out the pocket. Griffin has a lot if potential but doubt if he'll remaining healthy in WAS.

RG3 is bigger then Vick.

Looking at the 2012 schedule one week at a time. Week five: The RedSkins

99 Problems, but the defense ain't one:

Rookie QB, followed by runningback by commitee(not even close to a 1000 yd rusher), followed by a weak WR core (Garcon is a nice signing).

Bright spots for the Chiefs:

Two capable TE (if they can stay healthy), always have a solid defense, RG3 is electric.

Unknowns:

Will Griffen be worth the hype? Who will be the best RB in the stable? While the defense is solid, can they improve from their upper-middle of the pack performance from last year.

Key Matchup(s):

Falcon WR vs. D Hall, RG3 vs The Falcon D

Game Outlook:

If my predictions are correct, the Falcons are 3-1 at this point of the season and are playing with some swagger, probably too much swagger for RG3 and the Skins to handle. I think the Redskins will be the worst of the NFC East this year UNLESS their defense can step up. It has a history of being pretty decent, but I do not think they can stop a talented offense.

There are no easy wins:

Matt Ryan is going to face some pressure in this matchup, and this could turn into a trap game if they are not careful. I still see a kinda lopsided victory, but not a huge blowout. Ill take a 24-10 kind of game with a Falcon's game.

Biggest key matchup: OLBs Orakpo and Kerrigan vs Sam Baker and our OTs. Also if healthy DT Jarvis Jenkins vs our OGs.

The Redskins could be roaring early in the season. They are a good team that really only lacked a QB. They didn't suck and earn the #2 pick, they trades a King's ransom for it. They have a very good Oline and brought in good weapons for RGIII.

Can we pressure the kid into making mistakes, that's what I want to know. They have a great LT and if Brown is healthy a good RT.

His like 223. That's heavier then Vick.

Yea RGIII is around 6'2 220 Vick is 6'0 215. He's two inches taller but only 5 lbs weight difference. He needs to be bigger too survive. Cam is 6'5 250 with speed which makes him hard to bring down. RGIII has to beef up. Look at the defensive players in that division, then look at the Skins OLine.

Yea RGIII is around 6'2 220 Vick is 6'0 215. He's two inches taller but only 5 lbs weight difference. He needs to be bigger too survive. Cam is 6'5 250 with speed which makes him hard to bring down. RGIII has to beef up. Look at the defensive players in that division, then look at the Skins OLine.

RG3 is bulking up.