Starting Mlb

razrtalon

Will Tatupa return to probowl form? Will he have the endurance/strength to start an entire season? Or will Dent rise up to the occasion and take the role he has been working towards. This is going to be an ongoing battle in camp...who is the favorite to start for 2012/13 or will it be a rotational job?

Well I don't think it will matter much considering our base defense is going to be a 4-2-5. :)

Edwards, Peters, Babineaux, Abraham

Nicholas, Weatherspoon

Grimes, Moore, DeCoud, Robinson, Samuel

Good point. No sense spending all that Cheddar on the secondary and not having someone out there. I like the look of that line up, but we will be in a 4/3 sometimes

If the mlb role will be strictly limited to run support then I think Dent should win out, we did move up to take

him I believe. We should expect more than a glimpse of Dent at mlb.

Nevertheless, I think its going to be more of a rotational thing over the course of the season...Dent seeing more SPT

duties.

to be honest, does it really matter? the starting MLB will likely only play 20% or so of the snaps and the backup another 15% or so and both guys will be on ST a lot. unless Tatupu returns to pro bowl form or Dent explodes out the gate, neither guy is someone who you would want on the field over a 3rd corner at this point.

Not worried about starting 1 Down MLB. Mike Nolan ran the base defense just 30% of the time in Miami. Falcons play NFC East and AFC west which Miami played last year. With addition of Asante, Lofa or Dent will probably be on the field for one down and may be more in goal line or short yardage situations.

I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather have Lofa in more than Nic. Lofa was good in the passing game and is more of a game changer. Everyone keeps saying can he return to form, but did he ever leave? Lofa got hurt, but why wouldn't he be the same he's recovered fully heathy and feels better than ever. SeaHawks released due to contract issues not, because he couldn't play. He sat out a year not, because he couldn't play he didn't get the right opportunity. I like Dent, but he's a Lofton 2.0 just a run stuffer. Lofa is a game changer.

I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather have Lofa in more than Nic. Lofa was good in the passing game and is more of a game changer. Everyone keeps saying can he return to form, but did he ever leave? Lofa got hurt, but why wouldn't he be the same he's recovered fully heathy and feels better than ever. SeaHawks released due to contract issues not, because he couldn't play. He sat out a year not, because he couldn't play he didn't get the right opportunity. I like Dent, but he's a Lofton 2.0 just a run stuffer. Lofa is a game changer.

LT if healthy is a good backup to Nic.

Totally disagree on Dent=Lofton 2.0. Lofton started from jump, and you believe Lofa is the starter...how is Dent=Lofton?

If Lofa and all his injuries signify game changer(healthy), then we should have kept Lofton(healthy)...Nolan being a "difference maker."

LT if healthy is a good backup to Nic.

Totally disagree on Dent=Lofton 2.0. Lofton started from jump, and you believe Lofa is the starter...how is Dent=Lofton?

If Lofa and all his injuries signify game changer(healthy), then we should have kept Lofton(healthy)...Nolan being a "difference maker."

What? Not saying Dent is Lofton. I'm saying they are the same type of player. Not good in the passing game. They are down hill thumpers that are good in the running game. Is Dent right now where Liftin is no. But he can get there, that's why it wasn't a big deal to loose Lofton. Don't get me wrong I liked Lofton would have liked to kept him, but not for what he was asking. He is a liability in coverage. As far as Lofa goes not sure what you don't understand. Lofa didn't have a bunch of injuries all the time. When he was playing he was a game changer better than Nic. Why wouldn't Lofa and Spoon be in on the Nickel Packages? once again Lofa is healthy.

What? Not saying Dent is Lofton. I'm saying they are the same type of player. Not good in the passing game. They are down hill thumpers that are good in the running game. Is Dent right now where Liftin is no. But he can get there, that's why it wasn't a big deal to loose Lofton. Don't get me wrong I liked Lofton would have liked to kept him, but not for what he was asking. He is a liability in coverage. As far as Lofa goes not sure what you don't understand. Lofa didn't have a bunch of injuries all the time. When he was playing he was a game changer better than Nic. Why wouldn't Lofa and Spoon be in on the Nickel Packages? once again Lofa is healthy.

No. However Dent is probably where Lofton was in 2008 this year. we still had a good run defense that year if I remember right.

By any measurement that Dent=Lofton of any year, he must win the mlb position outright.

I still would take a healthy Lofton over a healthy LT in Nolan's system...if that(Nolan) is an improvement.

Lofton is younger.

Lofton is no Lofa in any system. Lofton is not a bum I liked Lofton, but he is a 2 down back. Can he do some good things in the passing sure it's just not his strong suit. Not saying Lofa is great in coverage, but he's always been pretty good at covering backs and tight ends. He's also more a play maker. I know they are at different points in their career and age difference. But I was ok letting Lofton go, because Dent can be a tackler/run stuffer like him. Is Dent ready, I'm not sure. The coaches know and are either comfortable with him or Lofa or they wouldn't have let Lofton go.

By any measurement that Dent=Lofton of any year, he must win the mlb position outright.

I still would take a healthy Lofton over a healthy LT in Nolan's system...if that(Nolan) is an improvement.

Lofton is younger.

Nolan wouldn't. LT is better suited for Nolan's defense because of his versatility & ability to be a 3 down LB if necessary. LT has more football intelligence than CL, age has nothing to do with it. look at what Nolan got out of 37 year Jason Taylor on limited snaps. sometimes intelligence & ability trumps youth, especially when you have a younger clone of the person lost

Nolan wouldn't. LT is better suited for Nolan's defense because of his versatility & ability to be a 3 down LB if necessary. LT has more football intelligence than CL, age has nothing to do with it. look at what Nolan got out of 37 year Jason Taylor on limited snaps. sometimes intelligence & ability trumps youth, especially when you have a younger clone of the person lost

Even if lofton is younger, he was taking an extra day off for recovery every week as part of his "regular maintenance" I think LT will start but maybe at some point of the season dent may overtake him.

Lofton is younger.

And I'd take Dent over both of them to be honest. lowest cost, still under rookie contract. essentially the same thing as Lofton but youngest of the three and at the lowest cap value.