Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

And folks wonder why we are considered, after Cowboys' supporters,

To be the most deluded fan base in the NFL.

Folks, something has to be done.

A combination of unbearable unobjectivity and moderation reminiscent of that of the Gestapo in Nazi-era Germany has robbed "TATF" of all worthwhile posters.

But enough background folks

I really didn't want to proffer such a d*mning indictment of my fellow dirty birds.

I really didn't.

But recent developments have left me with no choice.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being elite and 5 being average...

Ryan-10, This could be a big year for him.

Jones-10, This WILL be a big year for him.

White-10, His production may not drop that much as everyone elses may increase.

Gonzalez-10, Still playing at an elite level.

Turner-10, One of the best RB's in the league and may gash D's worse running when they are thinking pass.

Ewing-5, He is an unknown but I anticipate great blocking and a lot of big 1st down receptions.

Douglas-7, He could be more electric on PR's than Weems and contribute in the slot also. He has been avg at best as #3 WR, needs to earn that 7 this year.

Baker-6, He was an 8 before injuries. I dont know if he can overcome back problems to play at that level again but it would be nice.

Blalock-7, I dont think he is dominant or elite, but he could flourish with a new perspective.

McClure/Hawley-7, Whoever wins we are solid here either way. I think both are above avg.

Konz-7, This is a projection rating, but I think this guy will be special in a hurry.

Clabo-8, Quietly very solid. Maybe not elite, but very good.

My reason for rating the starters is to see where our weak links are. LT due to injury and RG due to free agency were last years weak links as everyone well knows. Our first two draft picks were these positions so even the coaching staff shared the same sentiment as the fan base. We are so richly talented everywhere else, this offense should soar if we have the two trouble spots solidified and stay healthy. I see no holes and plenty of depth as Svitek is solid if Baker remains balky. Play calling was another issue and Koetter could not ask for a better situation to prove himself.

Abraham-10, Remains elite.

Peters-8, On the verge just needs to become unstoppable.

Babinaux-7, Is he slowing down or was he just banged up? He can be a 9 if he returns to 100%.

Edwards-8, Quite solid last year despite MB's popular opinion. Huge upgrade over Anderson and though the sacks were lacking his run D was excellant. Could be a 9 this year flirting with double digit sacks.

Weatherspoon-10, Proved eilte last year and could still be improving.

Tatupu/Dent-7, Either way I think we are solid here with a guy that could be elite once again and a young guy that could be above average.

Nicholas-6, Very good run defender and holds his own covering. Does not have great speed or make wow plays but is solid.

Grimes-10, Elite cover corner though not a big run stopper. I think he could have more picks as the RCB.

Samuel-10, Has ranked amoung the elite CB's each year for a while.

Robinson-8, Solid 8 based on previous play but I think he can be a 9 used to his strengths in new D.

DeCoud-7, Better than avg and he could take big leap with better oportunities in new D.

Moore-7, Ditto. Both safeties play the run very well and both have potential to make plays on the ball and create turn overs. They could both make huge strides.

The only starter that may be better as a reserve is Nicholas and he may be a #2 with a base nickel package anyway. I see no one in our starting line up that needs to be upgraded. Coaching was the main problem on defense and Lofton may have been a liability to the 3rd down defense too. His "loss" could end up being addition by subtraction. If Tatupu is back he is excellant in coverage. I see no holes on defense.

And folks wonder why we are considered, after Cowboys' supporters,

To be the most deluded fan base in the NFL.

Folks, something has to be done.

A combination of unbearable unobjectivity and moderation reminiscent of that of the Gestapo in Nazi-era Germany has robbed "TATF" of all worthwhile posters.

But enough background folks

I really didn't want to proffer such a d*mning indictment of my fellow dirty birds.

I really didn't.

But recent developments have left me with no choice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow. Normally I do not approve of Falcon fans getting on other Falcon fans for being homers...but there has to be some form of believability to homerism or it's just plain nonsense.

A homer is someone who can recognize a deficiency in the team but hopes we can rise above it; and will defend that deficiency against a rival fan by cleverly manipulating reality...

but delusion is just delusional.

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

Weatherspoon-10, Proved eilte last year and could still be improving.

You see, most Weatherspoons only go up to ten. My Weatherspoon goes to 11...

62_48ff77371e6f2.png

Nice take.

I assumed "Bier-fann's" opinion of "Spoon" was a sort of a " infinity plus 1" proposition.

• 3 months later...