Ranking Our Starters On A Scale Of 1-10

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being elite and 5 being average...

Ryan-10, This could be a big year for him.

Jones-10, This WILL be a big year for him.

White-10, His production may not drop that much as everyone elses may increase.

Gonzalez-10, Still playing at an elite level.

Turner-10, One of the best RB's in the league and may gash D's worse running when they are thinking pass.

Ewing-5, He is an unknown but I anticipate great blocking and a lot of big 1st down receptions.

Douglas-7, He could be more electric on PR's than Weems and contribute in the slot also. He has been avg at best as #3 WR, needs to earn that 7 this year.

Baker-6, He was an 8 before injuries. I dont know if he can overcome back problems to play at that level again but it would be nice.

Blalock-7, I dont think he is dominant or elite, but he could flourish with a new perspective.

McClure/Hawley-7, Whoever wins we are solid here either way. I think both are above avg.

Konz-7, This is a projection rating, but I think this guy will be special in a hurry.

Clabo-8, Quietly very solid. Maybe not elite, but very good.

My reason for rating the starters is to see where our weak links are. LT due to injury and RG due to free agency were last years weak links as everyone well knows. Our first two draft picks were these positions so even the coaching staff shared the same sentiment as the fan base. We are so richly talented everywhere else, this offense should soar if we have the two trouble spots solidified and stay healthy. I see no holes and plenty of depth as Svitek is solid if Baker remains balky. Play calling was another issue and Koetter could not ask for a better situation to prove himself.

Abraham-10, Remains elite.

Peters-8, On the verge just needs to become unstoppable.

Babinaux-7, Is he slowing down or was he just banged up? He can be a 9 if he returns to 100%.

Edwards-8, Quite solid last year despite MB's popular opinion. Huge upgrade over Anderson and though the sacks were lacking his run D was excellant. Could be a 9 this year flirting with double digit sacks.

Weatherspoon-10, Proved eilte last year and could still be improving.

Tatupu/Dent-7, Either way I think we are solid here with a guy that could be elite once again and a young guy that could be above average.

Nicholas-6, Very good run defender and holds his own covering. Does not have great speed or make wow plays but is solid.

Grimes-10, Elite cover corner though not a big run stopper. I think he could have more picks as the RCB.

Samuel-10, Has ranked amoung the elite CB's each year for a while.

Robinson-8, Solid 8 based on previous play but I think he can be a 9 used to his strengths in new D.

DeCoud-7, Better than avg and he could take big leap with better oportunities in new D.

Moore-7, Ditto. Both safeties play the run very well and both have potential to make plays on the ball and create turn overs. They could both make huge strides.

The only starter that may be better as a reserve is Nicholas and he may be a #2 with a base nickel package anyway. I see no one in our starting line up that needs to be upgraded. Coaching was the main problem on defense and Lofton may have been a liability to the 3rd down defense too. His "loss" could end up being addition by subtraction. If Tatupu is back he is excellant in coverage. I see no holes on defense.

Edwards-8, Quite solid last year despite MB's popular opinion. Huge upgrade over Anderson and though the sacks were lacking his run D was excellant. Could be a 9 this year flirting with double digit sacks.

I don't know if I would say a huge upgrade over Ja98. If Edwards is an 8 this scale has to go to 30 or more.

Ryan-7 .

Jones- 7

White- 8

Gonzalez- 6

Turner-7.

Ewing- 4

Douglas- 6

Baker-2 Maybe a 6 before last year

Blalock- 6

McClure/Hawley-5

Konz- 5.

Clabo-6

Abraham-8

Peters-6

Babinaux-6

Edwards-4

Weatherspoon-8.

Tatupu/Dent-5.

Nicholas-6,

Grimes- 8.

Samuel-8

Robinson-6

DeCoud-5

Moore-6

To the OP... you rated them like you would rate a girl who asks you "how do you think I look out of 10?"

I even think I have a bit of homer glasses on in my ratings.

Edited by kane#7

Ryan- 8

Turner-7

Jones-10

White-9

Tony--8

Ewing- 6ish

Baker/Svitek (6/7)

Blalock-8

McClure/Hawley/Konz (7/7/8)

Manu/Konz/Garbage (7/8/3)

Clabo (9)

Abraham/Mass/Matthews(7/7/6)

Babs(6)

Peters (9)

Edwards/Biermann(6/7)

Spoon (10)

Tatupu/Dent (8/7)

Nicholas (8)

Grimes (8)

Asante/Robinson (9/7)

Decoud (7)

Moore (9)

Ryan- 8 Turner-7 Jones-10 White-9 Tony--8 Ewing- 6ish Baker/Svitek (6/7) Blalock-8 McClure/Hawley/Konz (7/7/8) Manu/Konz/Garbage (7/8/3) Clabo (9) Abraham/Mass/Matthews(7/7/6) Babs(6) Peters (9) Edwards/Biermann(6/7) Spoon (10) Tatupu/Dent (8/7) Nicholas (8) Grimes (8) Asante/Robinson (9/7) Decoud (7) Moore (9)

No Sid?

I don't know if I would say a huge upgrade over Ja98. If Edwards is an 8 this scale has to go to 30 or more.

I wish we had a more qualified persons opinion of Edwards worth vs' Andersons. I thought Edwards contribution was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Anderson's ever was. The problem people have with Edwards is that he did not have the expected 8 sacks but he was so much better at LDE than what we saw before and nobody seems to notice because he was 4.5 sacks shy of what they wanted. His 3.5 sacks were still an improvement over the career high of 2 sacks Anderson mustered in 2008 and 10. Anderson did reach an all new high in Indy last year with a new career high 3 sacks. Edwards had the fewest sacks he's had since his rookie year(3) and still had more than Anderson's all time career high. Edwards totals of 5, 5, 8, and 8.5 are more indicative of what I expect from him in 2012. 5 to 8 sacks or more this year and I will give him a rating of 9.

Ryan-8 This should be taken in perspective of Aaron Rodgers being a 10 and Brees

unsure.png sitting a 9.5. Good, but not near the best yet.

Jones- 8

White- 7.5

Gonzalez- 7.5 Still a red zone target.

Turner-8 Among best in the league, still. Again, if AP and MJD are the 10s, Turner is high on the list, just not the highest.

Ewing- n/a

Douglas- 4 Let's be real. He's not even average yet based on his performance to date. I can't give him a higher number on yet unrealized potential.

Baker-4

Blalock- 7

McClure/Hawley-5

Konz- n/a

Clabo-5 Right side was a mess.

Abraham-6 I can't mark him higher because although he missed a lot, close ain't good enough.

Peters-7 Getting better and was the best interior lineman when nobody else was better than average.

Babinaux-5 I know he was hurt. But he can't help by limping around or missing games. I like Babs, but we need him to get his '10 form back this season in a major way.

Edwards-6 He was solid against the run. It's hard to get sacks from the left side of the defensive line but he still needs to step up.

Weatherspoon-8.

Tatupu/Dent-n/a Need to see what the scheme does with either of these two.

Nicholas-6

Grimes- 7.5 Grimes was hurt too often and the reason his numbers are great is because he's a target due to his size. He needs to play ball and stop worrying about the off-field stuff.

Samuel-8

Robinson-6

DeCoud-6

Moore-7

Ryan-8 This should be taken in perspective of Aaron Rodgers being a 10 and Brees

unsure.png sitting a 9.5. Good, but not near the best yet.

Jones- 8

White- 7.5

Gonzalez- 7.5 Still a red zone target.

Turner-8 Among best in the league, still. Again, if AP and MJD are the 10s, Turner is high on the list, just not the highest.

Ewing- n/a

Douglas- 4 Let's be real. He's not even average yet based on his performance to date. I can't give him a higher number on yet unrealized potential.

Baker-4

Blalock- 7

McClure/Hawley-5

Konz- n/a

Clabo-5 Right side was a mess.

Abraham-6 I can't mark him higher because although he missed a lot, close ain't good enough.

Peters-7 Getting better and was the best interior lineman when nobody else was better than average.

Babinaux-5 I know he was hurt. But he can't help by limping around or missing games. I like Babs, but we need him to get his '10 form back this season in a major way.

Edwards-6 He was solid against the run. It's hard to get sacks from the left side of the defensive line but he still needs to step up.

Weatherspoon-8.

Tatupu/Dent-n/a Need to see what the scheme does with either of these two.

Nicholas-6

Grimes- 7.5 Grimes was hurt too often and the reason his numbers are great is because he's a target due to his size. He needs to play ball and stop worrying about the off-field stuff.

Samuel-8

Robinson-6

DeCoud-6

Moore-7

i'd make a few changes to what level I expect them to play at this year, but I think this is close to bang on for last year. +1

Ryan - 7.5

Turner - 8

Snelling - 5

Ewing - ?

White - 8.5

Jones - 7

Douglas - 4.5

Gonzalez - 7

Baker - 2

Blalock - 5

McClure - 6

Reynolds - 3

Clabo - 7

Abraham - 8

Peters - 4

Babinaux - 7

Edwards - 5

Samuel - 9.5

Grimes - 9

Robinson - 5

Nicholas - 6

Tatupu - ?

Weatherspoon - 8

Moore - 6.5

DeCoud - 6

Just threw this off the top of my head. Didn't put too much thought into it.

Edited by Free Radical

Ryan-10, This could be a big year for him.

Jones-10, This WILL be a big year for him.

White-10, His production may not drop that much as everyone elses may increase.

Gonzalez-10, Still playing at an elite level.

Turner-10, One of the best RB's in the league and may gash D's worse running when they are thinking pass.

Ewing-5, He is an unknown but I anticipate great blocking and a lot of big 1st down receptions.

Douglas-7, He could be more electric on PR's than Weems and contribute in the slot also. He has been avg at best as #3 WR, needs to earn that 7 this year.

Baker-6, He was an 8 before injuries. I dont know if he can overcome back problems to play at that level again but it would be nice.

Blalock-7, I dont think he is dominant or elite, but he could flourish with a new perspective.

McClure/Hawley-7, Whoever wins we are solid here either way. I think both are above avg.

Konz-7, This is a projection rating, but I think this guy will be special in a hurry.

Clabo-8, Quietly very solid. Maybe not elite, but very good.

My reason for rating the starters is to see where our weak links are. LT due to injury and RG due to free agency were last years weak links as everyone well knows. Our first two draft picks were these positions so even the coaching staff shared the same sentiment as the fan base. We are so richly talented everywhere else, this offense should soar if we have the two trouble spots solidified and stay healthy. I see no holes and plenty of depth as Svitek is solid if Baker remains balky. Play calling was another issue and Koetter could not ask for a better situation to prove himself.

Abraham-10, Remains elite.

Peters-8, On the verge just needs to become unstoppable.

Babinaux-7, Is he slowing down or was he just banged up? He can be a 9 if he returns to 100%.

Weatherspoon-10, Proved eilte last year and could still be improving.

Tatupu/Dent-7, Either way I think we are solid here with a guy that could be elite once again and a young guy that could be above average.

Nicholas-6, Very good run defender and holds his own covering. Does not have great speed or make wow plays but is solid.

Grimes-10, Elite cover corner though not a big run stopper. I think he could have more picks as the RCB.

Samuel-10, Has ranked amoung the elite CB's each year for a while.

Robinson-8, Solid 8 based on previous play but I think he can be a 9 used to his strengths in new D.

DeCoud-7, Better than avg and he could take big leap with better oportunities in new D.

Moore-7, Ditto. Both safeties play the run very well and both have potential to make plays on the ball and create turn overs. They could both make huge strides.

The only starter that may be better as a reserve is Nicholas and he may be a #2 with a base nickel package anyway. I see no one in our starting line up that needs to be upgraded. Coaching was the main problem on defense and Lofton may have been a liability to the 3rd down defense too. His "loss" could end up being addition by subtraction. If Tatupu is back he is excellant in coverage. I see no holes on defense.

You are cut off sir

no-kool-aid.gif

Guest TheIdowu

The Falcons don't have a single 10 imo..

I agree. . . except maybe White.

Edited by TheIdowu

Ryan-7.5 - About halfway to being elite. If he improves, he could enter that 8-10 range reserved for the best QB's out there.

Jones- 8 - Without the injury concerns, he'd be a 10 IMO. He was a gamebreaker as a rookie. If he stays healthy all season, he's easily a 9. There are not many #2 WR's out there that could hold his strap. The 8 rating is based on him being our 2nd WR, if we are rating him as our 1st option, I'd drop him to 7 because of the injury concerns and he'd be rated against the Calvin Johnson's, Andre Johnson's, and other #1 WR's in the league.

White- 9 - For what he does, he's elite. He leads the league since 2007. He doesn't miss games and plays through injury. He's not the gamebreaker and he's coming off a down year where he played through injury. But almost 1300 yards (1296) and 8 TD's was considered a "bad year".

Gonzalez- 7.5 - He was a 10 in his prime. His age knocks him down to a 7.5. He's still one of the better TE's in the league. He has probably the most reliable hands of any TE in the league, he just doesn't have the speed and gamebreaking ability of some of the other guys out there (Graham, Gronk).

Turner-8 - If the guy could catch (or if we'd throw it to him), he'd be a 9. People underrate him all of the time. The stats speak for themself. He hasn't had less than 10 TD's in a season over the past 4 years and he has consecutive 1300 yard seasons.

Ewing- 3 - Unproven rookie. If a 5 is an average veteran player, I can't give him above a 3. He has a lot to learn. The potential may be there, but I know better than to rate him on potential.

Douglas- 7 - As a 3rd wide receiver, I think he's one of the better ones in the league. If you're rating him against #1 WR's, he's in the 5-6 range. But rating him as our 3rd WR, which is what he is, I say he's a 7 with not many slot WR's ahead of him.

Baker-1 Based off of his play last season, he was a trainwreck. Like everyone else, I hope it was due to injury. But until he shows he's capable of holding that LT spot, I can't give him higher than a 1. As far as I'm concerned, his resume thus far with injuries and inconsistent play has him as the worst starting LT in the league. I hope he changes my mind.

Blalock- 7 - He's pretty good. Not elite, but better than the average LG. He was not our problem on the OL last season.

McClure - 6 - Underrated by every fan every year. He's old, which drops him to 6, but I'd put him at a 7 career wise. Right now, I'd still take him before half the Centers in the league.

Konz- 4 - Unproven rookie. I think he's better than Ewing, but I wouldn't put him on the level of average veterans until he proves it in the NFL. I loved the pick and I believe he will prove to be much higher than a 4, but he will have his growing pains and I don't think you can give any rookie outside the top 15 in the draft a 5 or higher in their first year.

Clabo- 6.5 - He's a dependable RG. He had some issues last season but he had a turnstile at RG all season too. He proved next to Dahl that he was an above average RT. He definitely stumbled last season though.

Defense

Abraham- 7 - He's a helluva passrusher but his age knocks him down. I would've had him at an 8.5 last season, but he seems to have slowed down a bit. I still think he's above average coming around the end, but elite? Not anymore. Hopefully he proves me wrong this year.

Peters- 5 - In my opinion, he's average at NT. For a 3rd round pick, that's a great development. He's far from elite and there are a lot of NT's that are better.

Babinaux- 6.5 - He was a 7.5-8 before his injury last season, so I can't see dropping him below a 6.5. If he's completely healthy, is one of the more disruptive UT's in the league. His age and recent injury causes uncertainty, so a 6.5 it is.

Edwards- 5.5 - His play dropped off a lot last season, but I have to go off of his body of work. I think he's a slightly above average RDE. Going off of last season, I'd put him at a 4. Prior to last season, he was closer to a 7. So I think a 5.5 is fair for his entire body of work.

Weatherspoon- 9 - Stud. One of the best OLB's in the league and constantly overlooked.

Tatupu - 6 - In his prime this guy was an 8. I don't think he'll play at that level, but I don't think he'd go from elite to below average in 1 year.

Nicholas - 5 - There are a lot of good OLB's in the league and I think Nicholas is a middle of the pack LBer.

Grimes- 8 - For his size, he's a 10. Leaguewide, he's an 8.

Samuel- 9 - He's an elite CB. There are a handful of CB's that are better, but not many.

Robinson- 7 - If he was still on the outside, I'd drop him to the 5-6 range. As a Nickel, I think he's one of the better 3rd CB's in the league. Try to name 5 CB's that are 3rd on the depth chart on other teams that you'd rather have.

DeCoud- 6 - He gives up some big plays and takes some bad angles, but overall he's above average league wide. I can't name 16 FS's I'd rather have.

Moore-7 - I think he's an underrated stud. He can lay the wood. He has good hands. He has 10 TO's in the past two seasons. His only knock IMO is his injury history and can occasionally get beat in coverage. But he's a SS, not a FS, so he fits the bill well for tackling and creating TO's.

Ryan-7 .

Jones- 7

White- 8

Gonzalez- 6

Turner-7.

Ewing- 4

Douglas- 6

Baker-2 Maybe a 6 before last year

Blalock- 6

McClure/Hawley-5

Konz- 5.

Clabo-6

Abraham-8

Peters-6

Babinaux-6

Edwards-4

Weatherspoon-8.

Tatupu/Dent-5.

Nicholas-6,

Grimes- 8.

Samuel-8

Robinson-6

DeCoud-5

Moore-6

To the OP... you rated them like you would rate a girl who asks you "how do you think I look out of 10?"

I even think I have a bit of homer glasses on in my ratings.

Now this is the correct rating IMO....The person who started the thread obviously doesnt know what elite is......Jus Say'n

Ryan - 8 (Needs to work on his long ball and take some chances)

Turner - 7 (Slowing down yearly, incapable of anything other than running up the middle)

Snelling - 6 (Slightly above average backup)

White - 8.5 (Drops, 'nuff said)

Jones - 8 (Drops, health)

Douglas - 5 (Unproven)

Gonzalez - 8 (10 Career wise, but he's slowing down)

Baker - 2 (Horrid)

Blalock - 7.5 (Very good LG, our best O-lineman IMO)

McClure - 6.5 (Age is not on his side)

Reynolds - 2 (Horrid)

Clabo - 7 (8 when Dahl was here, maybe Konz will help his play)

Abraham - 7 (9 for his career but again, age is slowing him down)

Peters - 6.5 (Good upside)

Babinaux - 5 (Did he even play last year? /sarcasm)

Edwards - 4 (Wasted money at this point)

Grimes - 8.5 (would be a 9, but i remembered the dropped INT's)

Robinson - 6.5 (Gets too much hate here)

Nicholas - 6 (Never makes an impact, but is solid overall

Weatherspoon - 8 (game changer, Will end up being our best defensive player for a long time)

Moore - 6.5 (Hard hitter but needs to work on coverage)

DeCoud - 6 )Shows glimpses of greatness, then turns around and looks bad on plays)

Edited by RubberDucky