This Is A Joke.

Tuggle'2

The Los Angeles Kings won their first Stanley Cup trophy on Monday night after 45 years of existence, sending their hundreds of fans into a frenzy.

The news got us thinking: Which NFL team is most likely to next win its first Super Bowl title in franchise history?

We've got 14 teams to choose from, so let's break it down by tiers

Nothing on the horizon: Minnesota Vikings, Tennessee Titans, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars

I've never been sadder in a Super Bowl locker room than when I talked to the Cardinals. They were all so hopeful, but I couldn't help thinking they would never get back to that point. Without a quality quarterback, they are as far away as ever. Things change quickly in the NFL, but it's hard to imagine any of these teams being serious Super Bowl contenders in the next two years.

Sleepers: Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, Cincinnati Bengals

This Bengals squad is set up for continued success for a while. We like what Pete Carroll is doing with the Seahawks defense and think they will be playoff contenders for some time. Perhaps we're stretching by putting the Bills in a tier this high, but we'd love to see them as relevant again. There is plenty of talent there.

Knocking on the door: Atlanta Falcons, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans, Detroit Lions

The Falcons are above .500 every year. If they can keep that up during the Matt Ryan era, they could eventually break through. Philip Rivers still has five more years left in his prime. Matthew Stafford has about a decade. Both quarterbacks are certainly good enough to win a Super Bowl. The Texans should have a window as serious contenders for the next few years.

Runner up: Philadelphia Eagles

Eagles fans are sick of falling just short, but that's what they'll do in this meaningless post. We could see them finally winning it all under Andy Reid, but don't quite trust Michael Vick enough to be steady throughout an entire playoff run.

Next up: Carolina Panthers

This exercise wasn't about which team was the closest to winning a title. The odds are strong that none of the teams above will win this year or even next. The idea was to predict what team was most likely to win their first Super Bowl next.

Only one of the teams on the list has Cam Newton. We think he'll win a Super Bowl someday, and we think he'll get it done before any of the teams above.

By Gregg Rosenthal

Edited by Tuggle2000

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

earth to ryanettes and homers. not everybody thinks we are a couple coordinators and an oline away from a 10 year dynasty.

Earth to non-Falcons-fans (like you, yeah I said it). Call me a Ryanette because I like the guy, but I don't think the Falcons are going to be a 10 year dynasty, but I do think that they will win a Superbowl in that timespan and I DEFINITELY think that of all the teams in this article, that the Pathers will not be the first to win the SB.

Cam has a better chance to win a SB then Ryan . Cam Newton had a total of 35 Tds as a rookie passed for over 400 yards twice . He is not a advanced game manager like Ryan

Passed for 4k as a rookie . He is the real deal

so unless we built a dominant defense under Nolan . I just don't see how Falcons can go to Super Bowl with Ryan especially how he has performed in last 3 playoff games

The NFL is a business. Hype= profit.

THIS!! Money talks...that goes for all professional sports across the board. I am really getting into the mindset to think of sports strictly as entertainment that is already premade, and we are just the puppets feeding it.

Well I am so glad none of us have to watch the Falcons play this year and waist so much of our time. Its a lock for Carolina.

Ok, so now I can spend my time on fishing and hunting.

If you fall for what most post here then I will sell you my house north of Atlanta. Oh, and it is on the beach so I got a deal for you.

i think the titans are a sleeper team with a good young qb, i honestly thnk the titans have a better shot than panthers, falcos are very close, all playoff losse were to super bowl teams

That is, if they're not so stupid as to start Hasselbeck...again.

Cam has a better chance to win a SB then Ryan . Cam Newton had a total of 35 Tds as a rookie passed for over 400 yards twice . He is not a advanced game manager like Ryan

Passed for 4k as a rookie . He is the real deal

so unless we built a dominant defense under Nolan . I just don't see how Falcons can go to Super Bowl with Ryan especially how he has performed in last 3 playoff games

Stats are nice, but what about wins?

Stats are nice, but what about wins?

Exactly!

People who dislike Ryan likes to bring up his lack of wins in the playoffs and dismisses his stats while they glorify players like Cam's stats and make him seem like he is already an accomplished player just after one good season despite the fact that he still needs to have a winning season and at least make it to the playoffs.