The Walking Dead...graphic Novel And Tv Show...warning, Spoilers!

So I'm up to date with the TV series and I'm about halfway through Compendium 1 of the graphic novels. The ish hit the fan in the prison for those keeping up with the books.

I know that they've rewritten a lot from the graphic novels and I honestly understand why they did it. I'm having a hard time determining whether I like the plot for the books or the TV show better, frankly.

Can anyone really argue that Shane's death was so much better in the TV show than the comics?

But I have to say this, and it's a major spoiler:

They have GOT to be true to the murder of Hershel's two young kids. That ish has got to go down like that in the show, otherwise they're going to ruin the entire Season 3 with a bunch of nonsense. Also, IIRC, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like they streamlined Hershel's arrival at the prison-sanctuary with how they rewrote the camp's last moments on his farm.

That makes me think that they're wanting to dive right into the "holy s***" moments sooner rather than later with the upcoming season.

This and Game of Thrones are perfect examples of why I would just rather not see books be adapted to TV/movies.

The ridiculous arrogance of the people who are adapting these stories is baffling.

For real, nobody gives a flying **** about your creativity. Nobody cares what kind of spin you could put on it; nobody cares what view you took on the events; nobody cares about the ridiculously convoluted and mind-numbingly ******** thing you have in store for the series.

People love the original story. So write and film the ******* story how it was meant to be. Why are you adding things or changing things? This isn't your ******* story turd, quit changing it.

You want to know why SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY book/video game/comic book adaptations fail to make anyone give a ****? Because THEY DON'T TELL THE STORY THAT WAS ALREADY WRITTEN FOR THEM.

Is it really that hard? Everything is right in front of your face. Write it to fit the screen and film it. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to be artists, we don't care about you, you're not the one that created these stories, you're just in charge of adapting it.

This and Game of Thrones are perfect examples of why I would just rather not see books be adapted to TV/movies.

The ridiculous arrogance of the people who are adapting these stories is baffling.

For real, nobody gives a flying **** about your creativity. Nobody cares what kind of spin you could put on it; nobody cares what view you took on the events; nobody cares about the ridiculously convoluted and mind-numbingly ******** thing you have in store for the series.

People love the original story. So write and film the ******* story how it was meant to be. Why are you adding things or changing things? This isn't your ******* story turd, quit changing it.

You want to know why SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY book/video game/comic book adaptations fail to make anyone give a ****? Because THEY DON'T TELL THE STORY THAT WAS ALREADY WRITTEN FOR THEM.

Is it really that hard? Everything is right in front of your face. Write it to fit the screen and film it. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to be artists, we don't care about you, you're not the one that created these stories, you're just in charge of adapting it.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, you have to realize that they only have 10 hours to tell that story. When that story is 1,000+ pages, you have to necessarily cut some things. The Battle of Blackwater Bay could not have unfolded in 1 hour the way that it did in the book in nearly 200 pages. As long as the writers stay true to the purpose of the story and the plot, I'm okay with things being condensed and shortened. That's why I think that the GOT television "Battle of Blackwater Bay" was perfect. I'm just saying, with the prison and all the ish that happens there, "The Walking Dead" TV series had better let the ish hit the fan next season. That's all I'm saying.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, you have to realize that they only have 10 hours to tell that story. When that story is 1,000+ pages, you have to necessarily cut some things. The Battle of Blackwater Bay could not have unfolded in 1 hour the way that it did in the book in nearly 200 pages. As long as the writers stay true to the purpose of the story and the plot, I'm okay with things being condensed and shortened. That's why I think that the GOT television "Battle of Blackwater Bay" was perfect. I'm just saying, with the prison and all the ish that happens there, "The Walking Dead" TV series had better let the ish hit the fan next season. That's all I'm saying.

I gave up on the Walking Dead. My d*ck had a little flutter in it like a pigeon having a heart attack when they showed Michonne in the finale, but my realization that the writers will eventually **** this whole thing up disallows me from being excited about anything they do.

As far as Game of Thrones goes, I've disagreed with their format the entire time.

While Season 1 managed to stay relatively faithful to A Game of Thrones, every book should have been given at least 2 seasons to adapt its story. 2 seasons for AGoT, 2 seasons for ACoK, 2 seasons for ASoS, etc.

The writers of HBOGOT have miraculously managed to make the mystery of A Song Of Ice And Fire completely non-existent, which is the main driving force of the entire series.

In the show there's no subtlety, there's no prophecies, there's no mystery, there's no thrill, and there's no fear. Nothing is left up to interpretation in this show. It's just two guys filming terribly written fan-fiction.

The writers of Game of Thrones have done everything BUT stay true to the plot. They have flipped motivations and changed the entire complexity of characters to the point that their arcs no longer make sense. They've flipped dialogue sequences, they have allocated one character's dialogue to another, they have filmed completely nonsensical depictions of events that take place.

I could sit here and dissect every single thing that HBO ****** up in their adaptation of Game of Thrones but I honestly just don't have the energy to do it anymore. I've been so wildly disappointed by everything that they've done this year that I'm just going to sit back and watch, and piously grin as everyone I know runs to me asking "Wait, so WTF happened? Why is so-and-so doing this and where are they going? Who is this guy into relation to that guy?"

I gave up on the Walking Dead. My d*ck had a little flutter in it like a pigeon having a heart attack when they showed Michonne in the finale, but my realization that the writers will eventually **** this whole thing up disallows me from being excited about anything they do.

As far as Game of Thrones goes, I've disagreed with their format the entire time.

While Season 1 managed to stay relatively faithful to A Game of Thrones, every book should have been given at least 2 seasons to adapt its story. 2 seasons for AGoT, 2 seasons for ACoK, 2 seasons for ASoS, etc.

The writers of HBOGOT have miraculously managed to make the mystery of A Song Of Ice And Fire completely non-existent, which is the main driving force of the entire series.

In the show there's no subtlety, there's no prophecies, there's no mystery, there's no thrill, and there's no fear. Nothing is left up to interpretation in this show. It's just two guys filming terribly written fan-fiction.

The writers of Game of Thrones have done everything BUT stay true to the plot. They have flipped motivations and changed the entire complexity of characters to the point that their arcs no longer make sense. They've flipped dialogue sequences, they have allocated one character's dialogue to another, they have filmed completely nonsensical depictions of events that take place.

I could sit here and dissect every single thing that HBO ****** up in their adaptation of Game of Thrones but I honestly just don't have the energy to do it anymore. I've been so wildly disappointed by everything that they've done this year that I'm just going to sit back and watch, and piously grin as everyone I know runs to me asking "Wait, so WTF happened? Why is so-and-so doing this and where are they going? Who is this guy into relation to that guy?"

You might be my favorite poster of all time on AFMB. Of. All. Time.

Seriously, PM me who you are. Hay muchas buenas.

tumblr_lm3df7QgNe1qzlhmqo1_400.gif

That’s something the show has struggled with in the past. Given that Game of Thrones deals with this many characters, and this many locations, and this many stories, and must worry about maintaining scope while balancing budget, all while fitting the monstrous story into a mere ten hours, it’s understandable that sometimes, Benioff and Weiss are so busy making the story work that they haven’t always managed to underline what this story is about. Relating a vast epic narrative is all well and good, but if there isn’t a solid, singular thematic reason for being so diffuse, then it may not be worth the effort.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/game-thrones-season-finale-review-valar-morghulis-season-2-episode-10/