The Consequences Of Caring -- Bill Simmons On Sports. Grantland.com

Heisenberg

I don't know how many of you frequent Grantland.com, but if you claim to be sports fans and don't, then you're not sports fans. Some of the greatest sports/pop-culture writers you will ever read started the website and it should, at this point, be a revolution. This is an article from that website.

It's too long to post here, so I'll just link it.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8026268/the-consequences-caring

Bill Simmons is hands down my favorite sports writer, and the rest of the staff is great too. I read Grantland every morning at work on my blackberry while I take a ****. The blackberry has down-syndrome internet, so it's one of the few sites that works ok, and it cracks me up while I'm on the john.

As April approached, I started prepping her [daughter] for the playoffs. So there's this thing called the Stanley Cup. It's a big trophy that looks like a mammoth cup. You can drink out of it and hold it over your head. Everyone wants to hold it, so everyone tries harder in the playoffs. You have to beat the same team four times before they beat you four times. Then, you have to do it again. Then, you have to do it again. And if you do it a fourth time, you get the Cup. And what happens is, they hand the Cup to the captain, and he skates around and kisses it, and he hands it to a teammate, and that guy skates around, and it's f*cking awesome. Excuse me, freaking awesome.

Awesome quote.