How Often Do You Stand During A Cfb Game?

Heisenberg

I'll just come out right now and say that if you're sitting during anything other than a timeout or halftime then you are doing it completely wrong and should stay at home where you have a way more comfortable seat.

I had season tickets for Florida football games for about 4 years before we moved to Atlanta. We never sat, and neither did anyone else around us during that time. It seemed almost criminal to do so.

But I only bring this up because of some bizarre conversation with my dad's GF (a UGA grad) about how she can't stand when people stand up in front of her the whole game and how her paying for a seat entitles her to sit on her *** the entire time (But conveniently doesn't provide the same type of freedom for people who like to stand on their feet and go crazy the entire time).

I'd like to get you guys' thoughts on this.

I probably shouldn't be answer this because I don't go often and last year I only took in the WLOCP. But I don't think it's as simple as you make it seem. The students stand and then it goes a lot by age and what's happening in the game. Personally I like to stand because I can move around to see the action better, but some folks can't stand that long. In the WLOCP, I didn't see a difference between the Georgia people and the Florida people.

I probably shouldn't be answer this because I don't go often and last year I only took in the WLOCP. But I don't think it's as simple as you make it seem. The students stand and then it goes a lot by age and what's happening in the game. Personally I like to stand because I can move around to see the action better, but some folks can't stand that long. In the WLOCP, I didn't see a difference between the Georgia people and the Florida people.

yeah it's not a simple everyone should stand thing. i don't agree with that at all. most fans stand when something big happens, but for me it depends on where i sit. some times i am in a section where we stand the whole game while other times i have no problem sitting, but you can cheer and yell while sitting down. i also am respectful to people behind me. if there is no reason to stand and no one is standing in front of me we will sit down. there is no wrong or right way imo to cheer at the game.

yeah it's not a simple everyone should stand thing. i don't agree with that at all. most fans stand when something big happens, but for me it depends on where i sit. some times i am in a section where we stand the whole game while other times i have no problem sitting, but you can cheer and yell while sitting down. i also am respectful to people behind me. if there is no reason to stand and no one is standing in front of me we will sit down. there is no wrong or right way imo to cheer at the game.

I agree with that. As a student, I was always standing up, but it really depends on the game, the current intensity, the section, and even who is surrounding me (Don't like being in an opposing section being a **** to their fans).

I stand the entire game, but that's only because me and my friends don't sit in our seats but we stand up behind the top of the lower section on the walkway and watch the game from there...

If I was in my actual seats, I probably wouldn't do much standing because, well, there really isn't much to cheer for... :(