Simple Changes Big Excitement

Good read. I always wondered why we didn't see more of Snelling after Mughelli went down. Instead of giving all the play time to a one dimensional player that was a major downgrade to Mughelli, but had the same skillset; we could've played Snelling at FB and tweaked our offensive approach. I bet Snelling would've gotten that 1st down against the saints in ot. We might've ended up with a much more effective offense.

Good read. I always wondered why we didn't see more of Snelling after Mughelli went down. Instead of giving all the play time to a one dimensional player that was a major downgrade to Mughelli, but had the same skillset; we could've played Snelling at FB and tweaked our offensive approach. I bet Snelling would've gotten that 1st down against the saints in ot. We might've ended up with a much more effective offense.

Read the parts that I bolded and remember who the OC was. MM did not make in game adjustments let alone game to game.

Read the parts that I bolded and remember who the OC was. MM did not make in game adjustments let alone game to game.

Oh I definately know that. I guess what I should've said was that I wondered how an OC at the Nfl level couldn't see that. Snelling at fb brings an element of surprise to our offense. He could run the ball, catch it, and block. It keeps defenses honest and makes it easier on every one else. Not to mention that when you first start giving your fb touches, defenses are going to be stunned and those plays might go for big yardage as a result.

Oh I definately know that. I guess what I should've said was that I wondered how an OC at the Nfl level couldn't see that. Snelling at fb brings an element of surprise to our offense. He could run the ball, catch it, and block. It keeps defenses honest and makes it easier on every one else. Not to mention that when you first start giving your fb touches, defenses are going to be stunned and those plays might go for big yardage as a result.

I think Koetter has more sense than MM. I remember all the big plays Kuhn has had, even our old nemesis Allstot (I know I spelled his name wrong) used to get it in. We certainly could have gave Snelling more looks. Maybe not all game every game, but at least a few times to throw the defense off.

I think Koetter has more sense than MM. I remember all the big plays Kuhn has had, even our old nemesis Allstot (I know I spelled his name wrong) used to get it in. We certainly could have gave Snelling more looks. Maybe not all game every game, but at least a few times to throw the defense off.

Give him 2 or 3 targets out of the backfield and defenses will be forced to respect it. Just having him back there would make our play calling less obvious. When Cox was back there with Turner it was always going to be a run. Even a pass in that situation would give the defense only 3 receivers to have to cover.

Give him 2 or 3 targets out of the backfield and defenses will be forced to respect it. Just having him back there would make our play calling less obvious. When Cox was back there with Turner it was always going to be a run. Even a pass in that situation would give the defense only 3 receivers to have to cover.

Exactly. This is why MM is out of here.

An article I wrote on Koetter bringing the O up to date

http://voices.yahoo....t-11441210.html

Nice read and I agree. It's hard to believe that something as "small" as a screen pass can derail an aggressive defense. It was painstaking watching everything unfold on TV right before our eyes. We as couch coaches could see what needed to be done, but Mularkey never made the correction.

On a side note, I found a misspelling that you may be able to correct:

Not only did he wow as a receiver during his rookie season, but achieved what I had believed impossible. Jones actually made a Mike Mullarkey reverse look good.

Good article.

And to the vocal White's credit, even he realizes the importance of the change. He may even see his numbers improve as defenses thin out to cover multiple targets. This also theoretically gives quarterback Matt Ryan more time to find those targets.

It's not rocket science. MM's formations made it easier for defenses to blitz and still cover the 2 routes being run.