Matthew Working To Erase His Playoff Losing Streak

mvcrook

Matt Ryan got the nickname Matty Ice for playing well under pressure.

It is starting to take on a different meaning in some corners, however.

Matty Ice as in Matt Ryan goes ice cold in the playoffs and the Falcons lose their opening game of the postseason. It has happened three times in Ryan’s first four seasons...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/10/matt-ryan-working-to-erase-his-playoff-losing-streak/

I think Matthew should relax a little. Is he aware he beat Cam twice in head to head matchups? Or that he had more wins in his first three regular seasons than Dan Marino? Or that Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game for like six seasons? Chill out Ice, playoff win or not, you're still elite in these parts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/10/matt-ryan-working-to-erase-his-playoff-losing-streak/

I think Matthew should relax a little. Is he aware he beat Cam twice in head to head matchups? Or that he had more wins in his first three regular seasons than Dan Marino? Or that Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game for like six seasons? Chill out Ice, playoff win or not, you're still elite in these parts.

exactly. all of those things mentioned are failures until he can win atleast one wildcard round playoff game. hes had three opportunities b in his four years. the falcons should have given up on him years ago.

http://profootballta...-losing-streak/

I have a hard time believing that, Falcon fans want a playoff win.

exactly. all of those things mentioned are failures until he can win atleast one wildcard round playoff game. hes had three opportunities b in his four years. the falcons should have given up on him years ago.

sycolaisenlightened29.png

Which one do I shoot? *waves gun nervously from side to side* Tell me something only the REAL Enlightened would know. lol

Edited by NYG4

Which one do I shoot? *waves gun nervously from side to side* Tell me something only the REAL Enlightened would know. lol

My mother is from Lubbock, Texas, but most claim that I have no ties to Dallas because Im from Georgia. :D

Also, I changed to "32" because that is my age, ;)

Edited by Enlightened32

last years loss shouldnt count because we didnt deserve to be in the playoffs at all...the ONLY reason we got in was because cutler AND forte were hurt for multiple games...i know injuries are part of the game,but our play last year was below par for a playoff team and i even started a thread saying so on tatf and got blasted...big surprise huh...lol

It is driving RC fans crazy that Ice has all these attributes and the one leg they can stand on is his 3 playoff losses. He still has the Peyton/Breesus 6 year rule going for him as well. Stay tuned for several more seasons before you can nitpick to the nth degree!

what a fool. there isn't any 'rule'

nobody went into Brees's or Manning's career and pulled a number of seasons out of their arses to give them to win a playoffs. that's the way it worked out for them and both QBs received criticism until they reached playoff success. ****, after his Superbowl loss in 2009, Manning still gets criticism

you want to act like all the fans stood around and gave those QBs a pass for their first six years and that ain't true. they didn't become great until they started winning in the playoffs.

that is the facts of the matter and some Falcons fans can't deal with it

Edited by Dago 3.0

nobody went into Brees's or Manning's career and pulled a number of seasons out of their arses to give them to win a playoffs. that's the way it worked out for them and both QBs received criticism until they reached playoff success. ****, after his Superbowl loss in 2009, Manning still gets criticism

you want to act like all the fans stood around and gave those QBs a pass for their first six years and that ain't true. they didn't become great until they started winning in the playoffs.

I guess WFW missed the Brady > Manning discussion when Manning kept getting beat by Brady in the playoffs.

Sadly, this is sorta true.

While none of us Falcon fans dismiss, ridicule and mock his achievements as easily as Rivals do, I don't think any of us, save two or three, have ascended him into the status you all claim we have, and that is solely because of his playoff woes.

Most Rivals say "Falcon fans", a few add the qualifyer "some", but you all really lump us together with the uberzealous.

On the other hand, what WFW said is also true. You all have nothing but playoff losses (and a shyte stained picture) to lawd over Ryan for, so you do it ad nauseum. Your continuing harping on his three playoff losses is the fodder that feeds our continued lawding over his regular season success, his dominance over certain teams and qb's, and the fact that he is still very young and developing at an above average rate.

It will probably also make En's day to know that I hold particular disdain for his comments about playoff success considering his highly touted Adonis has had a worse playoff career, managing only one win and four losses in twice the years as Ryan...

but I forget that none of those losses are HIS fault. Ryan's losses= Ryan's failure to produce; Romo's losses= team letdowns.

Only in RC is a single wild card win in eight seasons some magical rung on the success ladder...

Or the fact that some fans who have qb's with no playoff appearances can chime in on piling on a qb who's been to the playoffs three times...

Sadly, this is sorta true.

While none of us Falcon fans dismiss, ridicule and mock his achievements as easily as Rivals do, I don't think any of us, save two or three, have ascended him into the status you all claim we have, and that is solely because of his playoff woes.

Most Rivals say "Falcon fans", a few add the qualifyer "some", but you all really lump us together with the uberzealous.

On the other hand, what WFW said is also true. You all have nothing but playoff losses (and a shyte stained picture) to lawd over Ryan for, so you do it ad nauseum. Your continuing harping on his three playoff losses is the fodder that feeds our continued lawding over his regular season success, his dominance over certain teams and qb's, and the fact that he is still very young and developing at an above average rate.

It will probably also make En's day to know that I hold particular disdain for his comments about playoff success considering his highly touted Adonis has had a worse playoff career, managing only one win and four losses in twice the years as Ryan...

but I forget that none of those losses are HIS fault. Ryan's losses= Ryan's failure to produce; Romo's losses= team letdowns.

Only in RC is a single wild card win in eight seasons some magical rung on the success ladder...

Or the fact that some fans who have qb's with no playoff appearances can chime in on piling on a qb who's been to the playoffs three times...

well I did qualify with saying 'some' and that is true.

however, I don't slam Ryan....I have repeatedly said that he is in the wrong system. I don't think the vertical game that the Falcons are trying to develop fits him as well as a WCO

unfortunately, I don't think Turner or your Oline is very good for a WCO

As early as last night I defended Ryan to a Panthers fan. You might want to get up to date and stop bringing up something that has no merit at all anymore. The last thing I said about Ryan and Romo is that they are pretty much equal.

Man, I thought I was through with this crap. sleep.png

*Edit*

I see Cheffie fell for Sycola's Enlightened29 :lol:

Edited by Enlightened32

however, I don't slam Ryan....I have repeatedly said that he is in the wrong system. I don't think the vertical game that the Falcons are trying to develop fits him as well as a WCO

I'll also add this...

New OC, Line Coach, etc...

If Matt does not

1)show me some Bradyesque ability

AND

2)Win a playoff game (considering we make the playoffs)

then I will begin to start the downgrade process.

As early as last night I defended Ryan to a Panthers fan. You might want to get up to date and stop bringing up something that has no merit at all anymore. The last thing I said about Ryan and Romo is that they are pretty much equal.

Man, I thought I was through with this crap. sleep.png

*Edit*

I see Cheffie fell for Sycola's Enlightened29 :D

This. The edited part. I'm sorry. We are done with this crap (sorta! Until the next time it becomes part of a heated debate :D )

This. The edited part. I'm sorry. We are done with this crap (sorta! Until the next time it becomes part of a heated debate biggrin.png )

I'll also add this...

If Matt does not

AND

Thanks. We got a new Oline too (Bill Callahan) hes supposed to be the OC also. So, were in the same boat as you. Waiting to see if it matters.

This. The edited part. I'm sorry. We are done with this crap (sorta! Until the next time it becomes part of a heated debate biggrin.png )

I'll also add this...

If Matt does not

AND

Thanks. We got a new Oline coach too (Bill Callahan) hes supposed to be the OC also. So, were in the same boat as you. Waiting to see if it matters.

i dont think that OLINE is good enough for any system. Theyre very sporatic in their play.

No, no pass, but but in the scheme of things judge lest ye be judged. Matty Ice is no better or worse until this time frame has passed. In other words the slate could be tabula rasa if Ice were to win one or more before the 6th season. All was forgotten when the other two did this. In the meantime criticize away because as you said the other two got their share!

there is no time frame. you just don't get it

you want everyone to give Ryan a pass because of how long it took some other QBs but those other QBs weren't considered great until they did have that playoff success and if they didn't they still to this day would be considered second tier.

What part of criticize away do you not understand Dago? Those hair chemicals are rotting your brain!

because you still bring up time frame. the time frame does not matter....you either do, or you don't. this isn't about who is better (since I don't think even you would be dumb enough to go there), it is about if they have achieved upper echelon status

if Ryan were to get a Superbowl win in his last season or to have multiple seasons with playoff success coupled with his overall stats he would be in that conversation without a doubt

there aren't many QBs that have sustained regular season greatness with multiple playoff victories. doesn't much matter how many years it takes....when it happens, that QB is top tier

No, no pass, but but in the scheme of things judge lest ye be judged. Matty Ice is no better or worse until this time frame has passed. In other words the slate could be tabula rasa if Ice were to win one or more before the 6th season. All was forgotten when the other two did this. In the meantime criticize away because as you said the other two got their share!

then the ring thing will be all they talk about...lol

then the ring thing will be all they talk about...lol

because you still bring up time frame. the time frame does not matter....you either do, or you don't. this isn't about who is better (since I don't think even you would be dumb enough to go there), it is about if they have achieved upper echelon status

if Ryan were to get a Superbowl win in his last season or to have multiple seasons with playoff success coupled with his overall stats he would be in that conversation without a doubt

there aren't many QBs that have sustained regular season greatness with multiple playoff victories. doesn't much matter how many years it takes....when it happens, that QB is top tier

Superbowl not necessarily required....Dan Marion proves that