Best Current Nfc South Running Back

razrtalon

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**HOMER ALERT** **HOMER ALERT**

I'll take take Turner over Sproles, Blount and Williams, which in my opinion are the best RBs on their respective teams. Although Turner's catching ability leaves a lot to be desired, there's no question that he can wear down a team.

Also, Turner is the only RB in the division that can and has, carried his team(something that's been discussed ad nauseam on RC) Turner has a unique blend of power and speed(albeit dwindling) He generally gets an extra 2-3 yards after initial contact and is the best pass blocking RB in the division.

Flame Away!!!!

Edited by dirtydealin5858

The best current all around rb in our division (blocking, catching, speed, power, elusive, power,etc etc) is_______

Jonathan Stewart 81 catches 702 yards 3 TDs in his career

Darren Sproles 83 catches 706 yards 7 TDs in 2011.

I dont see how Stewart is the better ALL AROUND back.

I guess this doesn't come as a big surprise, but i have to go with Sproles also, for the simple fact no other back in the division provides the versitility and defensive matchup problems that he does. Second, I'd go with Deangelo Williams, he may have fallen off a bit, but he always finds his stride against the Saints. When he is on he's virtually unstoppable. Next, I'm going with Michael Turner. If you feed this guy enough he will have any defense gassed by the fourth quarter. Last but not least, I would say Blount. Youth, speed, and power what more can you ask for from any running back. With a new coach and offensive scheme he could elevate to the best in the division very quickly.

I guess this doesn't come as a big surprise, but i have to go with Sproles also, for the simple fact no other back in the division provides the versitility and defensive matchup problems that he does. Second, I'd go with Deangelo Williams, he may have fallen off a bit, but he always finds his stride against the Saints. When he is on he's virtually unstoppable. Next, I'm going with Michael Turner. If you feed this guy enough he will have any defense gassed by the fourth quarter. Last but not least, I would say Blount. Youth, speed, and power what more can you ask for from any running back. With a new coach and offensive scheme he could elevate to the best in the division very quickly.

Versatility was the point to this thread. Most RBs in the South arent though. Go look up the receiving yards for most of them. They are runners and thats all. The only versatile one that sticks out to me is Sproles. No one else is even close.

This is a hard decision. According to last season, it's a tie between Sproles and Blount in my opinion. Both did some memorable runs, but have been shown to be a threat when it comes to catching the ball as well.

BLOUNT? Is this a joke? five fumbles, three lost. Only 148 receiving yards.

BLOUNT? Is this a joke? five fumbles, three lost. Only 148 receiving yards.

Blount has been up and coming ever since he's been in Tampa Bay. Had he not gotten injured last year, I'm sure he would have had way more yards. I don't go by just stats alone. Plus, I don't think Blount is one of the better running backs in the South because of his receiving abilities. He's just a good running back in general.