I Got A Bad Feeling About The Worst Team In Our Division Last Season

Jaymadd

I just heard/saw ronde barber on NFL network and I got a feeling the Bucs will continue to be at the bottom in the NFC south. According to Barber Greg schaino is very detailed and to me it seems like he runs camp like he is still a college coach. I get a little bit of the Petrino feel listening to Barber. I really don't see why teams continue to hire college coaches as head coaches. Thank goodness because the front office seems to be making better decisions as far as acquiring player talent but I don't know if the coach they have is a good fit. When u listen to barber he doesn't even seem sure it will work

Yeah Ive been thinking the same thing. Schiano is too college for the NFL and will overreach like Petrino and Saban did. I could see a huge explosion for that team if there isn't instant improvement. This was an Overreaction by the Bucs, similar to our hiring of Petrino after Mora

Yeah Ive been thinking the same thing. Schiano is too college for the NFL and will overreach like Petrino and Saban did. I could see a huge explosion for that team if there isn't instant improvement. This was an Overreaction by the Bucs, similar to our hiring of Petrino after Mora

Yeah that is the kind of vibe I get I don't think he will quit like Petrino but I don't see the players buying into it I don't even think Barber is buying into it which I am glad about because they actually had a good offseason bringing in new talent

What are you talking about!? The Bucs aquired tons of talent in FA, who will all be just as good on this team as the teams they came from. Even if their coach fails (he won't), with the amazing Josh Freeman throwing the ball, they'll be great. I mean, he had one good season in 2010, that means he's elite right?

What are you talking about!? The Bucs aquired tons of talent in FA, who will all be just as good on this team as the teams they came from. Even if their coach fails (he won't), with the amazing Josh Freeman throwing the ball, they'll be great. I mean, he had one good season in 2010, that means he's elite right?

Sometimes I forget how the Falcons are the only team that's going to be any good next season...rolleyes.gif

I've already read the stories about Schiano. Rooms MUST be at a certain temp., One server gal at some restaurant got reamed because the noodles in some pasta were not the right kind and all sorts of obsessive compulsive control behavior. Good luck getting millionaire players to buy into a control freak coach as Petrino learned.

Sometimes I forget how the Falcons are the only team that's going to be any good next season...rolleyes.gif

It was really meant more to be a slight on the people who seem to think the Bucs will be unstoppable next season, for the reasons that I gave.

bad feelin? good feelin?

whatever........i think Tampa has best offensive line in NFC South now, a decent running back in Doug Martin and a very good receiver in Vincent Jackson.

Raheem Morris was a trainwreck as a head football coach with no discipline. Unlike Saban and Petrino, Greg Schiano doesn't come off like an arrsshole and he definitely has good mentors like Belicheck and instills discipline.

I think Schiano will be a "net plus" for Bucs and I expect them to be better. Guess I'm just not seein' what you are Jaymadd.

As much as I would love for the Bucs to live in their basements as long as some of our posters, I am not reserving that spot for them yet. It is a long season and many things can happen. They gave us nightmares last year and they really stunk it up.They added a lot of good quality players. I think our division is gonna be very competitive, with us having a good shot at winning it. But you never know.

As much as I would love for the Bucs to live in their basements as long as some of our posters, I am not reserving that spot for them yet. It is a long season and many things can happen. They gave us nightmares last year and they really stunk it up.They added a lot of good quality players. I think our division is gonna be very competitive, with us having a good shot at winning it. But you never know.

Don't forget the game in Atlanta, we had our starters out by halftime... In Tampa was a weird game that we should have blown their doors off in, but we were flat as heck all game instead of our usual one flat half...

I wouldn't say they us gave anymore fits then any other division team. If Roddy catches the ball in the first game, we would have won. 34-0 half way through the second quarter in the second game isn't what i would refer to as having fits with them. The nice thing with the Bucs is yea they had a decent off season. They over paid second tier players and set themselves back an additional 5 years with insane contracts. People give TD a hard time on this board, imagine the criticism he would have taken if he just threw dollars out the window like they did this off season and last. They gave a punter 15 million extra just to make sure we didn't keep him.

The division is wide open and we shouldn't take ANY team in the division lightly. I live right in the middle of Bucs country and I hate the Bucs and their fans so much, any Falcons fan living in FL should know what I'm talking about they're as delusional as they come. So I want us to absolutley SMASH the Bucs year in and year out. You can't deny the additions they've made but really what is their core? I think Freeman is a joke he looks like a dear in headlights whenever they have the ball. He was a one hit wonder. But he could develop, anybody can if they dedicate themselves. But I don't think Tampa will do anything this year 6-10 record at best. They'll start off strong but when they start getting dominated and losing they don't have the leadership anywhere on the team that they can rally behind and get tough so by the time it rolls around for us to play them we'll have a hard win in TB (hopefully I'll be there to see it! One chance a year I get to see my team) and then when they play at the dome they'll get smashed. That's my prediction for TB improved but still bottom dwellers play em hard and we'll winbiggrin.png

Understood, but I don't think we should overlook any division rival. I mean, the Bucs DID beat us last season...

I don't want the team to overlook anyone, nor do I think they will, but, as fans, I also think its fair to discuss the possible weaknesses of the teams we play, and I do think that some here overreacted when the Bucs signed those FAs, when those signings aren't really a guaruntee of greatness.

Edited by hjerry

Bucs are on the rise..

I blame Freeman's year, last season, on Raheem and the rest of that horrible coaching staff.

With a new coaching staff....one that wants to turn the Bucs into a ground and pound team..I think they can do good things. Especially if the new coaching staff can get all the players to gel with one another. That's what it all boils down to.

Bucs are on the rise..

I blame Freeman's year, last season, on Raheem and the rest of that horrible coaching staff.

With a new coaching staff....one that wants to turn the Bucs into a ground and pound team..I think they can do good things. Especially if the new coaching staff can get all the players to gel with one another. That's what it all boils down to.

They've surrounded Freeman with some help but he'll lay an egg again next season.

Edited by big_D