Hanging Barack Obama Effigy Outside Florida Church

Terry Jones. He is the reason workers from Sweden, Norway,Romania, and Nepal were killed in Afghanistan due to his senseless burning of the Qu'ran.

Just because you CAN do something doesnt mean you should. His acts have caused enough trouble. The US government has no issue bombing civilians with drones around the world, how about handling a problem close to home.

Terry Jones. He is the reason workers from Sweden, Norway,Romania, and Nepal were killed in Afghanistan due to his senseless burning of the Qu'ran.

Just because you CAN do something doesnt mean you should. His acts have caused enough trouble. The US government has no issue bombing civilians with drones around the world, how about handling a problem close to home.

Funny, I thought the moronic rioters that got pissy were the reason people died.

Terry Jones is an instigator, no doubt. But those people were looking for a reason to kill. Normal people don't murder because they disagree.

Funny, I thought the moronic rioters that got pissy were the reason people died.

Terry Jones is an instigator, no doubt. But those people were looking for a reason to kill. Normal people don't murder because they disagree.

Thats not how it works, even in our legal system.

Speech that incites direct lawless action as ruled in Brandenburg is not protected by the first Amendment.Pastor Jones killed those workers by his actions because he knew what would happen if he burned that book, yet still did it anyway.

Thats not how it works, even in our legal system.

Speech that incites direct lawless action as ruled in Brandenburg is not protected by the first Amendment.Pastor Jones killed those workers by his actions because he knew what would happen if he burned that book, yet still did it anyway.

While true, burning a book hardly amounts to inciting a riot.

That said, I don't think hanging POTUS is acceptable.

While true, burning a book hardly amounts to inciting a riot.

That said, I don't think hanging POTUS is acceptable.

I can see the point about a book hardly inciting a riot, but we all knew it would. The government(his own and many other nations) pleaded with him not to do it, yet he did it anyway.

He knew it would lead to lawless action.

Edited by Forever Julian

I can see the point about a book hardly inciting a riot, but we all knew it would. The government(his own and many other nations) pleaded with him not to do it, yet he did it anyway.

He knew it would lead to lawless action.

I don't think Islam should get special treatment in that regard.

This is in violation of the ban on religious institutions making overt political stances, and it's not the first time this pastor has done it. This church should lose it's tax exempt status.

Not to mention having a visit from the Secret Service as they crawl up every orifice the pastor has.

the juxtaposition of the effigy and the cross tells a sad story. what happened in churches these days to the tolerance and love message?

Lot of hypocrisy on both sides. The religious right especially. Love thy neighbor? Really? Not practicing what they preach. WWJD? Biatch slap the whole lot of 'em!

Guest TheIdowu

Let me guess. . . .

freedom of speech, right? People love those 1st and 5th amendments and don't even understand them or the intent/spirit under which they were written.

It's passé to hold people responsible for their actions. The new 'way' is to find and blame the ones who drove them to it ;)

It's passé to hold people responsible for their actions. The new 'way' is to find and blame the ones who drove them to it ;)

Right. Accountability is dead. I dont see anything wrong with blaming both sides. Instead, Islam gets a pass as usual. Edited by kicker

They did this for attention. Judging by the thread being started, it worked.

While I am sure their intentions were not sated by one thread on a message board I doubt they know exists, isn't it also true it got your attention?

So why do you feel they want attention? You can run naked up the street if its attention you seek. So I suspect there is a little more behind this than attention seeking. I suspect you know it, too.