Passed My Ccna Exam

Took the 640-802 yesterday and passed. My teacher is going over some CCNP stuff with me but I doubt I will learn everything I need to know to pass the CCNP in just 2 or 3 weeks. I have Linux next and my teacher told me if I can get Linux and have that and CCNA on my resume I'll be able to find a job with no problem. He said the CCNA alone can bring me work but adding Linux with it just makes it better. What do you all think?

The CCNA is a great start. Congrats. Do you have experience to go along with it? I just passed my CCIE a couple of months ago. The lab is brutal.

With the CCNA you should be able to get a decent entry level job. I'm not sure how much Linux will help you. It helps to have a basic understanding of it, but if you want to do networking, it's not a big factor for hiring. CCNP will do a lot more for you than Linux.

Congratulations!!

If you're starting off in IT, those are both good certs. I wouldn't go so far as to say they will guarantee you a job, but they can help you get your foot in the door. For linux, any midtier or senior level position is going to require hands on experience. It would be helpful for starting off though. I've been an Unix admin for almost 10 years, and I don't have any certs.

I've heard the CISCO certs are very important, but as I'm not a network admin, I can't really speak to that.

Sorry that I didn't provide you with any specfic information there. I guess the point I was going for is both of those will help, but neither one will guarantee you a job without hands on time. They will help with entry level though.

I don't have any IT experience I got some hands on working with some Cisco equipment at my school and I have Packet Tracer on my Laptop I can set up a network and configure it. That's about the only hands on experience I have cause I'm just starting out. CCNP I heard has 3 exams Switching Routing and Troubleshooting. The switching exam I might can take soon cause from what I hear it's only dealing with VLANs and VTP which I can do in my sleep lol. I'm just ready to get in and get to work

Congratulations!!

If you're starting off in IT, those are both good certs. I wouldn't go so far as to say they will guarantee you a job, but they can help you get your foot in the door. For linux, any midtier or senior level position is going to require hands on experience. It would be helpful for starting off though. I've been an Unix admin for almost 10 years, and I don't have any certs.

I've heard the CISCO certs are very important, but as I'm not a network admin, I can't really speak to that.

Sorry that I didn't provide you with any specfic information there. I guess the point I was going for is both of those will help, but neither one will guarantee you a job without hands on time. They will help with entry level though.

Anyone named open source is awesome in my book.

I don't have any IT experience I got some hands on working with some Cisco equipment at my school and I have Packet Tracer on my Laptop I can set up a network and configure it. That's about the only hands on experience I have cause I'm just starting out. CCNP I heard has 3 exams Switching Routing and Troubleshooting. The switching exam I might can take soon cause from what I hear it's only dealing with VLANs and VTP which I can do in my sleep lol. I'm just ready to get in and get to work

Read the Switch Cert Guide from Cisco Press. It's not nearly as easy as you think. It's not just vlan's and VTP.