Cam #40 On The Players Top 100 List. .

Big Bubba

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad. In a couple of years, he'll be top 5 on their list.

huh.png Ok, I know you are in love with Cam, but justify to me how a rookie that didnt get his team to the playoffs (let alone not win a playoff game) gets ahead of another rookie (let alone vets) that got to the playoffs and some that even led their team to playoff wins. Cam over Stafford and Dalton is a joke.

huh.png Ok, I know you are in love with Cam, but justify to me how a rookie that didnt get his team to the playoffs (let alone not win a playoff game) gets ahead of another rookie (let alone vets) that got to the playoffs and some that even led their team to playoff wins. Cam over Stafford and Dalton is a joke.

So are you telling me Tebow should have been in the top 10 then? Since he lead his team to the playoffs and all. Cam is probably the most dangerous offensive weapon the the NFL right now. Which would make you lose sleep over, defending/game-planning for Dalton, or Newton?

So are you telling me Tebow should have been in the top 10 then? Since he lead his team to the playoffs and all. Cam is probably the most dangerous offensive weapon the the NFL right now. Which would make you lose sleep over, defending/game-planning for Dalton, or Newton?

Newton is not a top 10 QB. One season doesnt a career make.

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

Not high enough for my liking, but I think SS89 had it right.

#1 on list within 3 years.

Peyton has had his neck worked on 3 times in 2 years. Having not played at all in 2011, no one really has anything to go on as to how he'll perform in 2012.. Only Peyton could go through all that and still be voted in the top 50. He's a pimp.

and if the Panthers have a top 5 defense by then and "he" takes the Panthers to the playoffs..... he'll apparently be better than every qb that didn't take their team to the playoffs that year.

What you fail to see is consistency. If you want to crown a guy after one year that is your right. Not the smartest thing to do, but its your right.

What you fail to see is consistency. If you want to crown a guy after one year that is your right. Not the smartest thing to do, but its your right.

No one is crowning anyone.. lists like this are a year to year thing.. Always changing. This one, is going on what they saw last year and what they expect this upcoming year.

A first year player with no OTAs, no contact with his coaches for most of the off-season due to the lockout... and he puts up 4,700+ yards and 35 TD............. It's not wrong to assume that with a full off-season with his coaches in an offense that he is learning more and more about.. that he could better himself in 2012. A Cam that improves upon his 2011 campaign....is a top 40 player. If he progesses as much in his second year as he did in his first year.... he could be a top 10 player in two years.

Could he fall in a slump and prove undeserving of his rank? Sure. So could Romo, so could Stafford, and so could Eli.. etc. No one can predict the future... only guess.

No one is crowning anyone.. lists like this are a year to year thing.. Always changing. This one, is going on what they saw last year and what they expect this upcoming year.

A first year player with no OTAs, no contact with his coaches for most of the off-season due to the lockout... and he puts up 4,700+ yards and 35 TD............. It's not wrong to assume that with a full off-season with his coaches in an offense that he is learning more and more about.. that he could better himself in 2012. A Cam that improves upon his 2011 campaign....is a top 40 player. If he progesses as much in his second year as he did in his first year.... he could be a top 10 player in two years.

Could he fall in a slump and prove undeserving of his rank? Sure. So could Romo, so could Stafford, and so could Eli.. etc. No one can predict the future... only guess.

Players having their 2nd year are much more likely to fall into a slump however.... there is more tape on him now so teams will target his weaknesses, also there is no way teams will take him lightly now. Teams will be ready.

84.5 QB Rating...RUNNING QB...

Edited by Enlightened29

Ok, then show me where (rookie vs rookie) Cam is better than Dalton.

Show me where Cam is NOT better than Dalton.

The only stat Dalton has the edge is interceptions. Cam threw for more yards, more td's, had a higher completion percentage, and if we are adding in Cam's rushing this comparison becomes a total joke. Every offensive stat, save for ints, Cam>>> Dalton.

Plus people (not you specifically) love to talk about Cam's late season "regression", but let's take a look at Andy Dalton's late season heroics shall we?

Last 9 games: 8 td's, 12 turnovers (11 ints, one fumble lost), 56 pct, and the Bengals went 3-6 in that stretch.

Is 40 too high for a rookie? I think so. But to say Dalton deserves the nod over Cam. laugh.png

Show me where Cam is NOT better than Dalton.

The only stat Dalton has the edge is interceptions. Cam threw for more yards, more td's, had a higher completion percentage, and if we are adding in Cam's rushing this comparison becomes a total joke. Every offensive stat, save for ints, Cam>>> Dalton.

Plus people (not you specifically) love to talk about Cam's late season "regression", but let's take a look at Andy Dalton's late season heroics shall we?

Last 9 games: 8 td's, 12 turnovers (11 ints, one fumble lost), 56 pct, and the Bengals went 3-6 in that stretch.

Is 40 too high for a rookie? I think so. But to say Dalton deserves the nod over Cam. laugh.png

Cam 6-10, Dalton 9-7...I dont need another argument.

Why switch it up now? I thought Qb rating was the way to determine a running qb! tongue.png

Are you just trying to be annoying? Cams QB rating SUCKED...his running numbers were good enough to be a running backs numbers. Do I really have to spell that out?

Edited by Enlightened29