For What Its Worth...

Enlightened32

Hummel, according to Pamphilon, took notes throughout the meeting and was particularly interested in the section of the speech in which Williams announces payments for various defenders for achievements in the previous week's playoff victory over the Lions. When Williams tells the group that the "first envelope" will go to "JD" – who, according to Pamphilon and another person who was in the meeting, was Dunbar – the linebacker appears to refuse the money, instead putting it back into the pot for the current week's game.

"You want it?" Williams asks.

"[Expletive] no," a voice answers, as others in the room applaud.

"OK, it's $200 – you got it for a 'whack,' " Williams says. The rest of his words are drowned out by loud cheers.

Williams then singles out Harper by uniform number, saying, "41, one whack, $200." Others in the room yell, "Give it back," and Harper, like Dunbar, seems to comply – a common practice among Saints defenders.

huh.png

Hummel, according to Pamphilon, took notes throughout the meeting and was particularly interested in the section of the speech in which Williams announces payments for various defenders for achievements in the previous week's playoff victory over the Lions. When Williams tells the group that the "first envelope" will go to "JD" – who, according to Pamphilon and another person who was in the meeting, was Dunbar – the linebacker appears to refuse the money, instead putting it back into the pot for the current week's game.

"You want it?" Williams asks.

"[Expletive] no," a voice answers, as others in the room applaud.

"OK, it's $200 – you got it for a 'whack,' " Williams says. The rest of his words are drowned out by loud cheers.

Williams then singles out Harper by uniform number, saying, "41, one whack, $200." Others in the room yell, "Give it back," and Harper, like Dunbar, seems to comply – a common practice among Saints defenders.

huh.png

Weird huh?

Edited by Enlightened29

I am trying to understand this....it was a common practice for players to be offered money for great plays and to turn it down?

someone tell me where the problem is. this can't be what the NFL has hung everything on. Even I don't believe that

I am trying to understand this....it was a common practice for players to be offered money for great plays and to turn it down?

someone tell me where the problem is. this can't be what the NFL has hung everything on. Even I don't believe that

In all seriousness, I didnt even read the article. I just thought it would be something intesting to talk about. If I would have read it I wouldnt even have posted it. That makes no sense. Now Im a little peeved that would even be posted on my FB by Yahoo! Sports.

In all seriousness, I didnt even read the article. I just thought it would be something intesting to talk about. If I would have read it I wouldnt even have posted it. That makes no sense. Now Im a little peeved that would even be posted on my FB by Yahoo! Sports.

but this is relevant, actually

it is video proof of payments being offered and being turned down which points to it just being a motivational tool. It also destroys the credibility of the ledger as the ledger means nothing if money never changed hands

but still...I can't believe this is what the NFL has been pinning their hopes on

but this is relevant, actually

it is video proof of payments being offered and being turned down which points to it just being a motivational tool. It also destroys the credibility of the ledger as the ledger means nothing if money never changed hands

but still...I can't believe this is what the NFL has been pinning their hopes on

Does make the whole thing kind of a joke when you put it that way.

they put it back to make the pool bigger.

obviously that is very possible, but am I the only one who thinks it is strange to see that the first piece of true, hard evidence is strangely anticlimactic?

edit: make it bigger for what? the whole purpose of having a progressive pot is to have a large payout. if you had an established system for pay for certain things and the money was there, what is the purpose for making the pot bigger? how was it won? was it ever actually paid out in the three years?

Edited by Dago 3.0

This whoe bounty-gate thing needs to stop. The swampers are only going to user it as excuses for when the Falcons win the division this season. Besides, the swampers are never going to admit the saints committed any wrongdoing!

if you looked at the bounty thread you would already know that you are wrong

but then, you usually are

obviously that is very possible, but am I the only one who thinks it is strange to see that the first piece of true, hard evidence is strangely anticlimactic?

edit: make it bigger for what? the whole purpose of having a progressive pot is to have a large payout. if you had an established system for pay for certain things and the money was there, what is the purpose for making the pot bigger? how was it won? was it ever actually paid out in the three years?

its hard to pinpoint the logic, because there probably isn't any one good reason for it to happen. you've probably had an inside thing with your friends that outsiders didn't get, but you enjoyed.

for example, when i was around 23 i worked a third shift job. on break, me and three other guys would flick our cigarette butts into the parking lot, trying to outdo the others distance. we would yell and cheer as if it were olympic cigarette flicking.

noone else really got it, and if i tried to explain the point, i would come up empty.

the pool was an incentive. something they did together. the bigger it got, the harder they competed to get the big payout. but really the payout wasn't the point. it was a way to push each other that was fun, and exciting.

and of course this is speculation, and for the record there were no payouts for cigarette flicking. just bragging rights.

its hard to pinpoint the logic, because there probably isn't any one good reason for it to happen. you've probably had an inside thing with your friends that outsiders didn't get, but you enjoyed.

for example, when i was around 23 i worked a third shift job. on break, me and three other guys would flick our cigarette butts into the parking lot, trying to outdo the others distance. we would yell and cheer as if it were olympic cigarette flicking.

noone else really got it, and if i tried to explain the point, i would come up empty.

the pool was an incentive. something they did together. the bigger it got, the harder they competed to get the big payout. but really the payout wasn't the point. it was a way to push each other that was fun, and exciting.

and of course this is speculation, and for the record there were no payouts for cigarette flicking. just bragging rights.

we flicked our cigarette butts at the elderly. I figure that the little adrenaline rush we gave them must have been the most alive they felt in years