Democracy Died Last Night People

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be acting like you won something. Tell me, how does the governor in the state you don't even live in affect you in any way? I'd like to know why you gloat and care so much. I could give a crap about Scott Walker because he's not in my state.

public sector unions are scum and it's always fun to see scum take it hard.

Can you explain why they are scum? Give me some examples, and please be specific. What about private sector unions?

i don't know why they're scum, maybe their parents didn't raise them right? private sector unions are mixed with good and bad people, most of the **** floats to the top in private sector unions.

Edited by The Delegate

Im of the opinion that I don't care, and like some, I don't understand all the gloating here. Im far from Wisconson, as are most of you.

'

I do believe it was a good call and I don't believe there should be a recall( happy Payton?) simply due to policy differences.

But hey, he won the first election he won the recall election, so I don't understand the hoopla from either side.

people get too emotional about politics, even races that don't affect them. They act like its a sport team and it sucks when "they" don't win.

Good for scott walker, good for democracy bad for unions in that state. Outside of that, its really just of no importance. At all.

Edited by TheThinker

Guest Deisel

As if this never applies to the Dems.

I guess this dullard has never heard the likes of Soro's and friends on the left.

I love it. There's gonna be alot of that come Nov.

Guest Deisel

You seem to be acting like you won something. Tell me, how does the governor in the state you don't even live in affect you in any way? I'd like to know why you gloat and care so much. I could give a crap about Scott Walker because he's not in my state.

I'm from Wisconsin and I now see my home state in a different light. Last nites the 1st nite I could be proud of my home state.

Guest Deisel

Im of the opinion that I don't care, and like some, I don't understand all the gloating here. Im far from Wisconson, as are most of you.

'

I do believe it was a good call and I don't believe there should be a recall( happy Payton?) simply due to policy differences.

But hey, he won the first election he won the recall election, so I don't understand the hoopla from either side.

people get too emotional about politics, even races that don't affect them. They act like its a sport team and it sucks when "they" don't win.

Good for scott walker, good for democracy bad for unions in that state. Outside of that, its really just of no importance. At all.

No, GOOD FOR AMERICA. This spells the end of the dominance over state houses by Union chiefs. It shows that if you perserver, do the right things, work for your people, that good things come of it.

Can you explain why they are scum? Give me some examples, and please be specific. What about private sector unions?

I'll take a gander.....

"In the private sector, consumers have the right to opt out. In the public sector you HAD to pay to work for the public services.

If private sector unions negotiate deals that make their respective industries more expensive to operate, and thus their products more expensive, consumers have the right to buy less, or to go elsewhere to get what they want. Businesses can send fewer employees to Las Vegas conferences. Families can pinch their food budgets if labor costs at grocery stores make prices more expensive, or replace their cars less often if union benefits add too much to the price of an automobile. If too many people opt out, or buy too little, the company in question goes out of business. And unless the government offers a bailout, that’s the end of the story. When dealing with the private sector, unions generally have some incentive not to overreach to the point where their employer goes out of business.

The story’s not the same in the public sector. When government employees negotiate added salary and benefits, those who are not directly employed by the government—which is to say, the vast majority of taxpayers—can’t really opt out. So one of three things has to happen: 1) Taxes are raised to pay for the added compensation costs. 2) Services are cut in order to pay for the additional compensation. 3) The additional compensation isn’t ever paid—a situation that usually comes with, at minimum, some sort of minor political drama, if not a serious showdown. This is why the power of public sector unions is such a big deal: When they negotiate better benefits, the majority of taxpayers usually end up forced to bear the cost, somehow, whether they want to or not. With private sector unions, that’s not necessarily the case."

- taken from the nets-

So YOU as a TAX payer are on the hook.

It's also been tossed around that if you had the same position in the private sector as one in the public sector.

In order to get the same retirement benefits you would have to PUT 30% of your paycheck away in order to have the same benefits that the public worker would get.

Guess who's paying for it........ YOU and ME!

Edited by Dirtybirdn@tion

No, GOOD FOR AMERICA. This spells the end of the dominance over state houses by Union chiefs. It shows that if you perserver, do the right things, work for your people, that good things come of it.

But why did he exclude police and firefighter unions?

And please, the hyperbole is ridiculous. This is not any more good for America than it is bad for America, Its Wisconson, Thats all it is.

Edited by TheThinker

Guest Deisel

But why did he exclude police and firefighter unions?

And please, the hyperbole id ridiculous. This is not any more good for America than it is bad for America, Its Wisconson, Thats all it is.

You'd have to ask him.

I'll take a gander.....

"In the private sector, consumers have the right to opt out. In the public sector you HAD to pay to work for the public services.

If private sector unions negotiate deals that make their respective industries more expensive to operate, and thus their products more expensive, consumers have the right to buy less, or to go elsewhere to get what they want. Businesses can send fewer employees to Las Vegas conferences. Families can pinch their food budgets if labor costs at grocery stores make prices more expensive, or replace their cars less often if union benefits add too much to the price of an automobile. If too many people opt out, or buy too little, the company in question goes out of business. And unless the government offers a bailout, that’s the end of the story. When dealing with the private sector, unions generally have some incentive not to overreach to the point where their employer goes out of business.

The story’s not the same in the public sector. When government employees negotiate added salary and benefits, those who are not directly employed by the government—which is to say, the vast majority of taxpayers—can’t really opt out. So one of three things has to happen: 1) Taxes are raised to pay for the added compensation costs. 2) Services are cut in order to pay for the additional compensation. 3) The additional compensation isn’t ever paid—a situation that usually comes with, at minimum, some sort of minor political drama, if not a serious showdown. This is why the power of public sector unions is such a big deal: When they negotiate better benefits, the majority of taxpayers usually end up forced to bear the cost, somehow, whether they want to or not. With private sector unions, that’s not necessarily the case."

- taken from the nets-

So YOU as a TAX payer are on the hook.

It's also been tossed around that if you had the same position in the private sector as one in the public sector.

In order to get the same retirement benefits you would have to PUT 30% of your paycheck away in order to have the same benefits that the public worker would get.

Guess who's paying for it........ YOU and ME!

Not alot to add to what you just said except that when public union employees put such a strain on a States finances that they cannot afford to hire new young employees you have created a monster that feeds on its young. It shouldn`t be that way. The wages and benefits you pay a current or retired employee should not impact an employers (in this case the States) ability to hire and maintain their workforce.

You'd have to ask him.

but Im asking YOU. And for a specific reason...

So you are admitting to be uninformed yet you are praising this as good for America.

Does that give you any clue to your thought process. I admit I don't know, which is why I am keeping the "good" part to basically Scott Walker.

But I ask becaus epolice unions are known for their corruption. Just wondering if you guys think its okay they were not under his radar.

The one thing that is killing me is this notion that he won because he outspent his opponent.

I mean, how effing ignorant would you have to be in Wisconsin, with all of the media coverage, to not understand exactly what the issues in this election were? I don't live anywhere near Wisconsin and I knew everything about this election.

The big problem I have is that, in my opinion, recall elections should only be held when thier moral imperative to do so, not when one side is just losing and unhappy.

Wisconsin has become a joke. What have they recalled, 15 or 16 elected state officials in the last two years, and the recalled officials are something like 13-3.

What an incredible waste of time and state resources.

The one thing that is killing me is this notion that he won because he outspent his opponent.

I mean, how effing ignorant would you have to be in Wisconsin, with all of the media coverage, to not understand exactly what the issues in this election were? I don't live anywhere near Wisconsin and I knew everything about this election.

The big problem I have is that, in my opinion, recall elections should only be held when thier moral imperative to do so, not when one side is just losing and unhappy.

Wisconsin has become a joke. What have they recalled, 15 or 16 elected state officials in the last two years, and the recalled officials are something like 13-3.

What an incredible waste of time and state resources.

But the flipside of that is . why did he feel the NEED to raise 30 million?

I mean, if he didn't feel he needed it, shouldn't he have said at some point " okay guys, we have enough money, lets not get greedy. ?