Asante Samuel 790 The Zone Interview

atljbo

Guest TheIdowu

I can say I am very excited to see what the new D will do this season. I had to turn away on 3rd down for the last few years I could not stand to watch the blood bath.

I had to keep my heart from racing at 200 mph. It was brutal. Even with our pass rush issues, if our third down woes are rectified. . . . we are good to go.

He just oozes with confidence. Most since Deion. He said he is going to make everybody better, including the towels boys and waterboys. He said he is going to talk sh*t to everybody and keep talking and make them shut him up. He said they are going to have to ride with him or he is going to get in their chest AND still talk trash and they ain't gonna want that.

I haven't been this happy about a pick up in a long time.

Arch said the team is excited to have him, because he brings some swagger with him. Asante said he feels he makes the players around him better. Said TD knows what he brings to the table. Loved picking off Matt Ryan. Said he plays both man to man and zone that most of his picks come from playing man. People have a misconception that he is a risk taker but it is not true. Says Eagles will miss the INTS he makes every year. Was thankful the Quiz gave him his old number. Asante feels he will make a lot of big plays in the Nolan defensive scheme. Asante said he is going to try his best to make the players around him play better; he will be getting in players faces that are not playing the best that they can. Said he is working hard with his foundation Bring it Home Single Moms.

He just oozes with confidence. Most since Deion. He said he is going to make everybody better, including the towels boys and waterboys. He said he is going to talk sh*t to everybody and keep talking and make them shut him up. He said they are going to have to ride with him or he is going to get in their chest AND still talk trash and they ain't gonna want that.

I haven't been this happy about a pick up in a long time.

along with Nolan, and if they allow him to play his game, I'm still excited about the Ray Edwards pick. KOG made me go back and watch a lot of Vikings games and dude was very solid with them. If Nolan can get that out of him this season, we could very well have a NY Giants type DE situation here. Asante keeps dropping them cuss words in interviews too lol, I love it!

Edited by raysnill1

I'm pumped to have Asante and can't wait for next season. Thought it was funny when he dropped a s bomb on the air or when he mentioned working with TD in Philly 2x, but we aren't paying him to give the best radio interviews.

Man our D is going to be awesome to watch next year.

I'm pumped to have Asante and can't wait for next season. Thought it was funny when he dropped a s bomb on the air or when he mentioned working with TD in Philly 2x, but we aren't paying him to give the best radio interviews.

Man our D is going to be awesome to watch next year.

Not a choir boy. That's what I like most

What Samuel brings is enormous. If Robinson/Grimes were close to the match of the top two receivers of the other teams, Owens or Franks were typically not the equal of the third receiver of good teams. Now, our three CBs are the equal or superior to the top three WRs and Owens/Franks just need to be better than option #4 in dime situations. I'll take the chance that they are.

Asante is going to be a key reason why we advance in the playoffs this year for the first time in the Matt Ryan/Mike Smith/TD era.

We basically traded Curtis Lofton for Asante Samuel, and everyone being upset about Lofton leaving should realize that and shut it already. Our base defense is going to be a 4-3 nickel D under Nolan, so basically before change: LBs Spoon and Lofton, CBs Grimes, DRob, Owens in slot. After change: LBs Spoon and Nicholas, CBs Asante, Grimes, DRob in slot. It's not even close to which of these defenses is better against the pass.

The best ballhawk in the NFL or a victim of opposing offenses' game plans on passing downs....hmmm. And we got Lofa Tatupu with the leftover money that Lofton was asking for and he could be a solid thumper for us in Lofton's absence, along with Dent, until we go to our nickel pass D.

Asante is going to be a key reason why we advance in the playoffs this year for the first time in the Matt Ryan/Mike Smith/TD era.

We basically traded Curtis Lofton for Asante Samuel, and everyone being upset about Lofton leaving should realize that and shut it already. Our base defense is going to be a 4-3 nickel D under Nolan, so basically before change: LBs Spoon and Lofton, CBs Grimes, DRob, Owens in slot. After change: LBs Spoon and Nicholas, CBs Asante, Grimes, DRob in slot. It's not even close to which of these defenses is better against the pass.

The best ballhawk in the NFL or a victim of opposing offenses' game plans on passing downs....hmmm. And we got Lofa Tatupu with the leftover money that Lofton was asking for and he could be a solid thumper for us in Lofton's absence, along with Dent, until we go to our nickel pass D.

Stop your getting me upset because the season is so far down the road. I cant stand it I am ready to see the new D play!!! biggrin.png