Are The Saints Willing To Move On Without Brees?

razrtalon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's only one place brees wants to be, but hes going to hold out for the best deal. he knows there's no way the saints will move on with out him. saints know this too. the two sides will fold a little, and he will be signed before August

Both sides are talking again. Neither wanted to start making concessions early apparently. Condon represents most of the starting QBs and, likely, has an eye toward the other's contracts with every one he negotiates. Loomis is being cautious as a misstep could hamstring the team before Drew retires and Drew wouldn't want that either.

As long as Drew gets his deal, I don't care if it's on the last day. Drew doesn't need minicamps and this is a veteran team.

Did anyone REALLY believe that Brees (at the very height of his career) holdout this season? If so, you were merely fooling yourself and it shows what a gutless homer you are. Afraid to play your opponent at full strength?rolleyes.gif

Did anyone REALLY believe that Brees (at the very height of his career) holdout this season? If so, you were merely fooling yourself and it shows what a gutless homer you are. Afraid to play your opponent at full strength?rolleyes.gif

And you became a mind reader when?

I expect Brees to be in camp, but, if there was a player who would sit out a year, it's Brees. He got screwed the last time the tag was applied to him, he's made 60 million already, he's won a super bowl, Saints fans would blame the team rather than Brees....

All the people saying that " of course Brees signs" are the same ones that were saying "they'll get him signed before they have to use the franchise tag".

They're probably just waiting to see what happens with Vilma to see what money they have to play with before they sign him.

I want the saints to have all their weapons...Especially brees. So if we beat them there's no excuses............Not gonna happen this year. With the bounty scandal, some saints fans will say since Goodall had it out for just their team and no one else....that without Vilma or Payton yada yada yada...excuses. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I can't control what happens with breesies contract. He has stated himself that if they don't get the deal done by July 16 he won't play. I think I heard that on NFL network. Interesting to think if there's a plan b is all or will drew get anything he wants.

Brees deal will get done. It takes the fans a while to raise 4 million in bonus money smile.png

Honestly... The effect of Brees deal will impact other teams, so let them take as long as they want hashing out the details. Because every QB this guy represents is gonna want a brees like contract when their current deal expires. So they need to make sure its right.

Edited by danight

I agree with both of you. The deal will get done, but i hope Loomis gets a fair deal for the falcons sake. The Brees deal is certainly gonna drive Ryans price up unless we have a losing season to drag it bad down.

I do think Brees is worth his 23 mill for all he has done for the Saints. But the Saints should not mortgage the future in that 1 deal. The is how the rookie QB price got so high in the first place. 1 year 1 signs a breaking high dollar deal, then the next years the next QB wants even more money than that. They made it almost to Tom brady money having never took 1 NFL snap.

The Brees deal risk sending a team with a franchise QB price through the roof since his agent controls most of the better QB`s in the NFL`s contracts.

Matt Ryan fans better hope Loomis does the right deal with Brees, because Condon represents both QB's and you can bet it will be a platform for the Ryan contract.

Condon isn't arrogant enough to ask for Brees and Manning money for Ryan, Dimitroff would laugh at him and hang up the phone.

I'd expect Matt to get close to something like 70-80 Mil overall over 6-7 years.

I think Ryan and his agent will ask and expect around $18M a year. His rookie contract has had him averaging around $12M a year.

Depends on the franchise tag. It would have to go up alot to pull that for a qb who hasnt won a playoffs game. 18 mill is above todays franchise tag. If the Saints argue paying Brees above the tag, i can see the falcons throwing a fit about paying Ryan over the tag.

When Brees signs, what's left to talk about in Rivals?

Bountygate

Ryan vs. Freeman

Ryan vs. Romo

Falcons suck

Saints are gonna nosedive without Payton

Cam is gonna tank in his 2nd year

Bucs suck

Colston is better than Roddy

JJ is more open than a new Waffle House

Dallas fans tick off Falcon fans

The Eagles aren't going anywhere once again

Falcons have 12-14 Elite players

Graham vs. Gonzo

2 Points in the Playoffs

Payton has won 280 in a row against the Falcons

Freeman will throw for 4,800 yards and 28 TD's in 2012

Saints in Super Bowl at home in 2013

Cheffy works at Denny's

Vilma will play in 2012

Schemes aren't real

Shread is a sorry drummer

Celery Cap discussion :)

Saints will rule the NFCS until 2015

JB will suddenly agree with WFW

TATF fans all want LadyC

When Brees signs, what's left to talk about in Rivals?

Bountygate

Ryan vs. Freeman

Ryan vs. Romo

Falcons suck

Saints are gonna nosedive without Payton

Cam is gonna tank in his 2nd year

Bucs suck

Colston is better than Roddy

JJ is more open than a new Waffle House

Dallas fans tick off Falcon fans

The Eagles aren't going anywhere once again

Falcons have 12-14 Elite players