Marty Schotenheimer

i keep seeing people say to get rid of the smith/ryan duo if we dont win a playoff game and yada yada but no other qb/coach in franchise history has had the consistant success that this duo has had ever, we have had some great teams in 80 98 and even 04 but we never had back to back winning seasons. from 1966-2008 we never had b2b wnning seasons thats 40 years of fail. if u keep makig it to th tournament u will get there eventually. marty got the chargers there every year but kept losing so he gets fireed, chargers aint done **** since. if u lone for the days of jeff george, tony graziani, and doug johnson be my guest but i enjoy the success when i used to call 7-9 a winning season. dont keep wishing to be the chargers or u mght just get it

2007 Sd Chargers went to a AFC champ game and in 2008 they won a playoff game and 2009 they went 13-3 and lost in 2nd and 2010 they finished 9-7

lol and whats funny about this is Norv Turner seems always on hot seat and everyone seems cool and comfy here and have not had success Norv had in SD

Name one team that had better coaching staff than our current one. Even players.

Players = Gritz Blitz, maybe.

Coaches = '98, MAYBE.

wow

lets start with dan reeves who took this team to the super bowl but apparently having a piece of lettuce at qb is more gratifying

the fact that i had to mention dan reeves shows your retort doesnt deserve additional names albeit there are many more that were better

sorry can't dignify your post with caps or punctuation

Cool. I had to struggle so much reading the original post, I couldn't fashion a response.

Anyway, I like Smitty and Ryan. The window for them is opening, so I'm cool with giving them time to do what I expect them to do. At the point that the needle starts pointing down, I'll be on the replacement bandwagon but I don't think it's now. Oh, and San Diego was incredibly short-sighted to let Schottenheimer go and hold on to A.J. Smith. I believe that in coach/GM power struggles, it's best to let both go and start fresh because both are to blame.

I'd much rather have a creative and aggressive coach and go 9-7 and win the SB then go 12-4 every year and be bounced due to conservative play calling.

I'm talking about Schotty and the Chargers btw, although the same could easily be said of Atlanta

I'd much rather have a creative and aggressive coach and go 9-7 and win the SB then go 12-4 every year and be bounced due to conservative play calling.

I'm talking about Schotty and the Chargers btw, although the same could easily be said of Atlanta

It's a bumpy ride, though. The Pack and Giants both had points of their Super Bowl seasons where a loss could have put them out of the playoffs. I'm convinced that having to prevail in "win or go home" situations from the 12th week or so helps wildcard teams learn how to handle the pressure of the playoffs. I'd rather dominate during the regular season and win every playoff game by 30 because I'm greedy.

Give the guy a break. After all, he needs a QB.

Thanks bro. I mean this stuff is getting ridiculous. That fiasco in the Meadowlands and then I have to be reminded by his jersey number? #2? Really? Really? #2? Wow.

First of all he did not even score the 2 points.

Second, what self respecting person refers to himself as #2? Come on man.

Matt Ryan is the best QB in our franchise's history. Whether that's sad for some or good for others, it's still true.

I stay out of the MR2 debates because they're pointless. But, what is your plan to upgrade the QB position beyond affirming your belief that we need to?

wow

lets start with dan reeves who took this team to the super bowl but apparently having a piece of lettuce at qb is more gratifying

the fact that i had to mention dan reeves shows your retort doesnt deserve additional names albeit there are many more that were better

sorry can't dignify your post with caps or punctuation

Your "no punctuation or caps" gimmick sucks.

Guest TheIdowu

I, too, am enjoying this success. However, there is a minor part of me that loathes not being able to win at least one playoff game. Why? I am judging this based solely on the perceived talent level of our team, especially the offense. The media, sports analysts, experts/pundits, older fans, and even the AF organization are all indicating we have great talent on our team. The thing is, though, talent does not necessarily translate to post season success. I told myself this off-season that I will see what the Falcons do on the field after the changes we have made. . . . If we do not get at least one playoff win some time within the next two seasons, I just don't know man . . . . . . .

How many coaches have led the Falcons to win more than 60% of their games under their guidance?

one... Mike Smith.

suffice it to say that billy knight and mike woodson accomplished more with the hawks than smith has with the falcons

coach smith is a first ballot moral victory hall of famer

no punctuation for u