Bill Oreilly: Killing Lincoln.

Spacey C

I do want to read this book. Altho I find OReilly do be a smug snake oil salesman and the book is so loaded with historical errors the Fords Theater historical society refuses to sell it there at the museum.

It's a novel based on the assasination of Abe. I don't want to read it for history, it just seems to be an interesting subject for a novel. If I find it on tyhe cheap, will purchase.

51vLN5td4AL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want to read this book. Altho I find OReilly do be a smug snake oil salesman and the book is so loaded with historical errors the Fords Theater historical society refuses to sell it there at the museum.

It's a novel based on the assasination of Abe. I don't want to read it for history, it just seems to be an interesting subject for a novel. If I find it on tyhe cheap, will purchase.

51vLN5td4AL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

There have been several O`Reilly detractors who have said that it was a pretty good book. The errors are actually insignificant ones from what I read (in one instance, the book claims Ford's Theatre was burned down in 1863 when it was actually destroyed in the end of 1862.) I haven`t read it, but plan on it one day.

Guest Deisel

I just finishd the book. #1. Scrw the ford historical whomever. The book was extremely detailed and NON political. #2. If you want cheap resources, you get CHEAP info. This book is fantastic. I learned alot from the book and it brought a huge freshness to what it means to be AMERICAN. figure that last part out yourself. I applaud the book from cover to finish.

Guest Deisel

This is literally no amount of money in the world that could entice me to read anything written by Bill O'Reilly. I would rather be naked and run backwards through a cornfield.

Basically, a typical Wednesday evening for falcon_bob.

Your loss. Counselor. An education is wasted too often.

This is literally no amount of money in the world that could entice me to read anything written by Bill O'Reilly. I would rather be naked and run backwards through a cornfield.

Basically, a typical Wednesday evening for falcon_bob.

I call it "The aMAIZEing Race".

Your loss. Counselor. An education is wasted too often.

Yes snake, I'm wasting my 7 years of post-secondary education, including a bachelor of arts and juris doctor, because I won't read some *** hole's book. I'm throwing my entire education down the drain because I won't read some **** head's book. Thank you for showing me the path to enlightenment snake. Thank you. I was about to ruin my entire life because I wasn't going to read this book because Bill O'Reilly is a ******* *** hole. What a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions that would have been. Thanks, Macbeth.

Yes snake, I'm wasting my 7 years of post-secondary education, including a bachelor of arts and juris doctor, because I won't read some *** hole's book. I'm throwing my entire education down the drain because I won't read some **** head's book. Thank you for showing me the path to enlightenment snake. Thank you. I was about to ruin my entire life because I wasn't going to read this book because Bill O'Reilly is a ******* *** hole. What a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions that would have been. Thanks, Macbeth.

laugh.png

I just finishd the book. #1. Scrw the ford historical whomever. The book was extremely detailed and NON political. #2. If you want cheap resources, you get CHEAP info. This book is fantastic. I learned alot from the book and it brought a huge freshness to what it means to be AMERICAN. figure that last part out yourself. I applaud the book from cover to finish.

IM gonna go out on a limb here, a very thick limb and say the Ford Theater historical society know more about the Lincoln assasination than you and I and if they choose not to sell the book because of errors, it is their business and pure capitalism.

Like I said, the errors in the book won't bother me, because I am not reading it for history, I just hope its a good novel. I can see why a historical society may want to be on the side of historical accuracy, however.

Not sure about the cheap remark. I simply meant finding it in a used book store for 5 bucks instead of paying 20+.

Its the same book weather the pages are folded or not.

As for that last part that I can figure out myself, you are hinting that you didn't know what it meant to be an American before you read it.

I have known what it meant for quite a while now because...well...Im an American.

One of my favorite posts of all time.

yea, for the record, I doubt anyone will be better or worse off for reading or not reading this book. And unless I find it cheap, I won't either. The good news? We have an Ollies near here( a closeout store} and all the GOP spokesmen books usually get there quickly. But even at 2.95 I didn't read " going Rogue" by Sarah Palin. And by the stacks of them there, no one else did.

Never understand why anyone would buy a historical event book with no factual historical events in it. its like buying a penthouse with playgirl pictorials. Special needs much?

Mind you i haven't read the book AND WONT. what factual about this book? Lincoln dying?

Edited by JaGz

Might I suggest Abraham Lincoln the Vampire slayer?? just as fractal im sure.

Never understand why anyone would buy a historical event book with no factual historical events in it. its like buying a penthouse with playgirl pictorials. Special needs much?

Mind you i haven't read the book AND WONT. what factual about this book? Lincoln dying?

If I worried about the facts, there are hundreds of books written for historical purposes. I could also read a book about Vlad the impaler and can also enjoy Dracula. Different books for different purposes. A novel, for me is just light reading swinging on a hammock. no brain cells required.

I think the important question is: Is O'Reilly the greatest author of our generation?

Discuss.

I don't know, but considering his penchant for profanity, losing his cool and sexually harrassing women, this is the creepiest book cover ever.

0060544244.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

well maybe im the only one who tends to read Non-fiction books and watch fiction movies. I just don't have the time to read a fake story, forgive me. that said I wont read or watch Abraham Lincoln the vampire slayer.