Poll: Nfc East Is The Country's Favorite Division

Enlightened32

Poll: NFC East is the country's favorite division

• By Dan Hanzus
  • Writer
  • Published: June 5, 2012 at 03:37 p.m.
  • Updated: June 5, 2012 at 04:42 p.m.

Though it's obviously a matter of opinion, I don't think competition in the NFL gets much better than the NFC East, where the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles have been attempting to destroy each other for decades.

2012 fan survey of favorite divisions

Rk

Division

Pct.

NFC East

NFC North

AFC East

AFC North

None

AFC West

NFC South

NFC West

AFC South

There's never a shortage of plotlines and intrigue with those four teams, so perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise the NFC East is the league's most popular division, according to the latest offering from ESPN Sports Polls.

In an earlier survey on favorite teams, the Cowboys (1), Giants (3) and Eagles (9) all occupied space in the top 10. The Redskins brought up the division rear at No. 13, though trading out John Beck for franchise quarterback Robert Griffin III could change things in a hurry.

The NFC East had 22.2 percent the vote, putting the division comfortably ahead both the runner-up NFC North (15.9) and the AFC East (11.6).

The league's least popular division, according to the poll? The poor AFC South, which houses three teams still relatively new to their cities (Jaguars, Titans, Texans) and the Indianapolis Colts, who dropped a 2-14 on the fan base in 2011.

According to ESPN, Pollsters conduct 1,500 monthly telephone interviews with a nationally representative sample of Americans age 12 and older. They have reached 390,000 Americans since 1994 via land lines and cell phones, in English and Spanish.

Edited by Enlightened29

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't surprise me that they're more popular than their smaller market counterparts.

I know its kinda the same logic as thinking why huge states have more electoral votes than small states.

Some stats actually have more than 1 team. (Cali is trying to start their own league.)

Dallas Huge state

NY huge state

Redskins nations capital

Eagles armpit of the nation

Not hard to see why they are so popular, not to mention how long they have been around.

Cowboys just got a huge stadium built with state of the art tech. The Vikes dont even know if they will have to play in the parking lot or not.

2 of the last 5 Super Bowl champions are in the division.

There are a total of 12 Lombardis in the division.

Pardon me while I try to count the 2 in yours...rolleyes.gif

So which division is overrated?

As long as the saints are one of the two, I'm good with that.

Who the **** cares? All I know is that I love the NFC SOUTH where my team plays! What the **** is all this NFC East crap here all of a sudden? It's bad enough we're letting Cowboy & Redskin fans in through the side door, But the entire NFC East? I DON'T ******* THINK SO!rolleyes.gif

Who the **** cares? All I know is that I love the NFC SOUTH where my team plays! What the **** is all this NFC East crap here all of a sudden? It's bad enough we're letting Cowboy & Redskin fans in through the side door, But the entire NFC East? I DON'T ******* THINK SO!rolleyes.gif

PIPE DOWN OLD MAN! :D

NFCE has been a division forever and a day the NFCS not so long...

Has every team not been around? Arizona used to be in the East, now they are not...does it change the fact that they had every chance to get a Super Bowl that we did? Then what does it matter what division you were in before? Not winning is not winning.

PIPE DOWN OLD MAN! biggrin.png

Blow Me, kid! The NFC SOUTH Rules! Don't think so? Then wtf are you doing here? You know damned well this division kicks ***! You mention 2 of the last Lombardi's won by a NFC East team..........but it was the SAME team, the Giants! You gonna start telling us you're a big time Giants Fan? I didn't think so. You're a Cowboys fan, so Quit all the NFC East bullspit!

Edited by jb.069

Just got back from my oldest granddaughters' high school graduation.........and it really hit me...........I am getting OLD!wink.png

wow man, you ever think you would be in "great grandpa" territory?

Blow Me, kid! The NFC SOUTH Rules! Don't think so? Then wtf are you doing here? You know damned well this division kicks ***! You mention 2 of the last Lombardi's won by a NFC East team..........but it was the SAME team, the Giants! You gonna start telling us you're a big time Giants Fan? I didn't think so. You're a Cowboys fan, so Quit all the NFC East bullspit!

Well see this year...well revisit the East vs South records at the end of the year. wink.png

Hey, being a Cowboys fan and hating the East would be like being a UGA fan and hating the SEC East. Makes no sense. Yes, I hate the Giants, Eagles, and Redskins, but its like a family, we hate each other, but no one outside the family is allowed to mess with the family.

Edited by Enlightened29

Well see this year...well revisit the East vs South records at the end of the year. wink.png

Hey, being a Cowboys fan and hating the East would be like being a UGA fan and hating the SEC East. Makes no sense. Yes, I hate the Giants, Eagles, and Redskins, but its like a family, we hate each other, but no one outside the family is allowed to mess with the family.

Totally understandable, but you're like the girl who shows up at a party because she knows she'll be the only girl there.

jb is right EN, you have been like a girl on here the last 3 or 4 months...

this coming from somebody who speaks of himself in third person and has made a habit of making sure he has the last post on every thread showing

come to think of it, I guess you would be the expert

Anything people "love to hate" is usually very popular. The NFCE is no exception. smile.png

Hardly! This forum is simply related to the NFC South. Some of you don't seem to quite grasp that. Stick around and perhaps, once the season starts, after seeing 25 threads on the first page stating how bad Matt Ryan and/or Josh Freeman suck, it'll sink in.

Hardly! This forum is simply related to the NFC South. Some of you don't seem to quite grasp that. Stick around and perhaps, once the season starts, after seeing 25 threads on the first page stating how bad Matt Ryan and/or Josh Freeman suck, it'll sink in.

I meant in general.

The NFCE is always ragged on and complained about by fans of other divisions. Whether it's the media coverage it generates, the style of play, or degree of difficulty.

I would never use this forum as any kind of basis or example for anything. The collective opinions of this forum are not that important to me. I post on message boards dedicated to at least one team in every division. Don't flatter yourselves.

Edited by NYG4