I'm Calling It--Scott Walker Wins The Recall Election Tonight.

All but one of the recent polls has Walker ahead, and the one that doesn't is a Democratic leaning polling group that shows a tie. My own simple forecasting technique predicts Walker with 51-53% and Barrett with 46-49%. The probability that all of these polls would show Walker ahead but Barrett actually winning is well below .0001%.

Barring something really unforeseen, I don't see how Walker loses tonight.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deisel

Acworth's been listening to Fox news and **** Morris. I will go out on a limb and say Democrats Deny that this is a watershed moment, nationally speaking. They'll pursuade the NY Times and the talking heads that its all in a vacuum, not the national pulse. Walker wins by taking 54%.

I have no dog in the fight as far as wiscoinson goes.

But when a recount is a " watershed" moment, you have set the bar pretty low.

Diesel, did you agree it was " The nations pulse" when Obama won the presidential election? Or were they all just stupid gullible people?

Edited by TheThinker

This...

But then again the Republican party didn't offer a decent alternative.

There is always an alternative.

But why is it when a republican wins an election it's " the pulse of the nation"

but when a Dem wins its " stupid gullible people?

Do you realize thats insanity talking?

I'm calling it now..... DEMS will pull out all cards to say this was rigged!!!

Wait....it's already begun. http://elections.wis...ection-day.html

3 tries 3 STRIKE-OUTS....... Way to save face Acworth......wink.png

You mean they will do the same thing that Republicans did to Obama and Acorn after Obama won the election? ****, Republicans are still trying to use any tactic to say Obama shouldn't be in office. They tore a piece of the 1950's playbook out and started using the communist witch hunt again.

Guest Deisel

I have no dog in the fight as far as wiscoinson goes.

But when a recount is a " watershed" moment, you have set the bar pretty low.

Diesel, did you agree it was " The nations pulse" when Obama won the presidential election? Or were they all just stupid gullible people?

I think Obama winning was a major deal. He had alot of fire power to be great uniter. He quickly squandered that good will and opportunity and then his Executive power calls and ramming home Obamacare sealed his reputation as something far less the grand.

Edited by Deisel

Mojo you seem to be putting snake's words in my mouth. Yes I think Obama won in 08 because of gullible people following the celebrity / rock star marketing of the media and the Obama campaign. The rest of what you said doesn't apply to me.

I thought you quoted the wrong person but see no mojo or snake in this thread so Ill just leave that at that. Is this another name calling thing some of you seem to rely upon here?

Let me simplify this to you: I asked deisel why in one case the popular vote was the pulse of the nation and in another case was it just stupid people. If both are possible, it could well be stupid people in Wisconsin, could it not?

Is it just narcisim on your part to assume everyone you like is " the pulse of the nation" and everyone you dislike is simply stupid?

Guest Deisel

So you're quoting me while asking "Deisel" a question? For a thinker you don't seem to be too bright.

And for the record I think the Wisconsin election has more to do with Scott Walker than it does Obama. But if the voters choose the ® over the (D) in Wisconsin it does likely mean something for the Nov election.

Lets also remember Walker barely won this election in 2010 and Wisc has been a liberal hot bed for decades. This is a watershed election Because Politicians are watching to see if the Unions, the media and the occupy groupies can be defeated or takin down a peg. Well, Walker not only cut the waste, he balanced his budget, cut no jobs and cut tax's. This shows that it can be done and that is the recipe for success. It will be a national move in following his example, if he wins. The margin of his win is important as well. 65% of Walkers campaign contributions came from out of state. This tells ya the Tea Party is quietly moving board pieces around the map and funding their own very well. It also means people across America contributed to Walker for doing what was right, what makes sense and to stop the Unions from bankrupting cities across the map. Yea, its a very big election. Dems will deny this till the cows come home.

Lets also remember Walker barely won this election in 2010 and Wisc has been a liberal hot bed for decades. This is a watershed election Because Politicians are watching to see if the Unions, the media and the occupy groupies can be defeated or takin down a peg. Well, Walker not only cut the waste, he balanced his budget, cut no jobs and cut tax's. This shows that it can be done and that is the recipe for success. It will be a national move in following his example, if he wins. The margin of his win is important as well. 65% of Walkers campaign contributions came from out of state. This tells ya the Tea Party is quietly moving board pieces around the map and funding their own very well. It also means people across America contributed to Walker for doing what was right, what makes sense and to stop the Unions from bankrupting cities across the map. Yea, its a very big election. Dems will deny this till the cows come home.

Did it occur to you that maybe the winning tilt in Walker's favor is not due to any favorable view of his policies, but rather an unfavorable view toward recalling an elected representative for something short of a very serious crime or abuse of office?

Perhaps he'll get his two years and then be voted on in a landslide. I wouldn't read too much into this election on any side. I wouldn't vote to recall my congressman on similar charges, and I think my congressman is a mod 1, mark 0 d-bag.

The whole recall thing was wrong to begin with. You dont try to recall someone because you dont like his policies after he wins a general election. If the guy had been hit with ethics violations or had been guilty of mis-conduct its one thing, but if the losing side wants to try to recall the winner everytime they lose, then politics is going to sink further down the rat hole.

Guest Deisel

Did it occur to you that maybe the winning tilt in Walker's favor is not due to any favorable view of his policies, but rather an unfavorable view toward recalling an elected representative for something short of a very serious crime or abuse of office?

Perhaps he'll get his two years and then be voted on in a landslide. I wouldn't read too much into this election on any side. I wouldn't vote to recall my congressman on similar charges, and I think my congressman is a mod 1, mark 0 d-bag.

Could be. Its now OK to recall based on policy differences, but NO, I think the dems made such a huge bad show of this and the importance of what Walkers accomplished and done is very important. I'd say the recall bit is a small bit.

So you're quoting me while asking "Deisel" a question? For a thinker you don't seem to be too bright.

And for the record I think the Wisconsin election has more to do with Scott Walker than it does Obama. But if the voters choose the ® over the (D) in Wisconsin it does likely mean something for the Nov election.

I quoted you because you quoted me. You know that.

I don't see where it means anything to obama unless Scott Walker is going to suddeny jump into a race. The fact it was a recount means it wasn't a blow away.

Let me ask you. HAs anyone the republicans voted in ever been because of stupid people?

wait! A person who wants to post and not call names and hyperbole? What is this madness?

BY the way, if the tea party isn't simply republicans renamed, name some dem or idependent tea party members. I will wait.

Edited by TheThinker

Guest Deisel

BY the way, if the tea party isn't simply republicans renamed, name some dem or idependent tea party members. I will wait.

You made this very easy.

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents

By Sean J. Miller - 04/04/10 03:29 PM ET http://thehill.com/b...rs-dem-or-indie

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.

The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic, according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are moderate and 8 percent say they are liberal.

The Winston Group conducted three national telephone surveys of 1,000 registered voters between December and February. Of those polled, 17 percent – more than 500 people -- said they were “part of the Tea Party movement.”

“It’s a good sample size,” said David Winston, the polling firm’s director. “It will certainly give us an initial base to follow where these folks are.”

The group is united around two issues – the economy/jobs and reducing the deficit. They believe that cutting spending is the key to job creation and favor tax cuts as the best way to stimulate the economy. That said 61 percent of Tea Party members believe infrastructure spending creates jobs. Moreover, given the choice Tea Party members favor 63-32 reducing unemployment to 5 percent over balancing the budget.......

Edited by Deisel

Guest Deisel

Wow...uhh...you need to spend some more time thinking Mr. Thinker Mojo.

1. Scott Walker IS in a race.

2. It's a recall not a recount.

3. "it wasn't a blow away." - ok... Is English your second language?

Mr. Mojo thinker has alot of thinking to do.

Acworth's been listening to Fox news and **** Morris. I will go out on a limb and say Democrats Deny that this is a watershed moment, nationally speaking. They'll pursuade the NY Times and the talking heads that its all in a vacuum, not the national pulse. Walker wins by taking 54%.

No, I've been watching the polls and ignoring the idiot pundits like D*** Morris.

And this is not a "watershed moment". It's a special election for a very unique type of race--a recall election that doesn't coincide with the November elections. These types of elections are not good indicators of the November election whatsoever because it's not the same mix of voters. It IS a huge loss for Democrats, who should have won the contest. But it's no more of a mandate for Walker's policies than Obama's election was for his or the GOP's 2010 victory was some kind of mandate for tax cuts for the wealthy and slashing government spending.

It's a big victory for Walker and the Wisconsin GOP. It doesn't need to be anything more than what it is.

You made this very easy.

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.

The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic, according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are moderate and 8 percent say they are liberal.

The Winston Group conducted three national telephone surveys of 1,000 registered voters between December and February. Of those polled, 17 percent – more than 500 people -- said they were “part of the Tea Party movement.”

“It’s a good sample size,” said David Winston, the polling firm’s director. “It will certainly give us an initial base to follow where these folks are.”

The group is united around two issues – the economy/jobs and reducing the deficit. They believe that cutting spending is the key to job creation and favor tax cuts as the best way to stimulate the economy. That said 61 percent of Tea Party members believe infrastructure spending creates jobs. Moreover, given the choice Tea Party members favor 63-32 reducing unemployment to 5 percent over balancing the budget.......

So people told them that over the phone and thats proof to you? Care to name any dems or indepentents that hold office?

Wow...uhh...you need to spend some more time thinking Mr. Thinker Mojo.

1. Scott Walker IS in a race.

2. It's a recall not a recount.

3. "it wasn't a blow away." - ok... Is English your second language?

Scott walker isn't going to jump into the presidential race. I did not think I had to spell that out. I overestimated you I suppose.

Yes Im pretty sure they will have to count the votes again. But semantics are cute, no?

OH no! I left the end off of a word! maybe I should have added an E?

Guest Deisel

No, I've been watching the polls and ignoring the idiot pundits like D*** Morris.

And this is not a "watershed moment". It's a special election for a very unique type of race--a recall election that doesn't coincide with the November elections. These types of elections are not good indicators of the November election whatsoever because it's not the same mix of voters. It IS a huge loss for Democrats, who should have won the contest. But it's no more of a mandate for Walker's policies than Obama's election was for his or the GOP's 2010 victory was some kind of mandate for tax cuts for the wealthy and slashing government spending.

It's a big victory for Walker and the Wisconsin GOP. It doesn't need to be anything more than what it is.

Excuse me dear friend old pal. These are gonna be the EXACT same voters and financial contributors come Nov. Its also going to tip off the winning ingrdient to getting ones financial house in order. Consider More of this to becoming to your state house soon. And bro, you know this has National implications. You know the occupy, tantrum and Unions are the big loosers here. They showed their collective arses and the Country supported Walker. Wisc. is a BLUE state. This is as big as Scott Brown winning Ted Kennedy's seat, imo.

You made this very easy.

Independents are just people who don't want to admit that they're Republicans. This 2 year old survey is BS anyway.