swag·ger

v. swag·gered, swag·ger·ing, swag·gers

v.intr.

1. To walk or conduct oneself with an insolent or arrogant air; strut.

2. To brag; boast.

v.tr.

To browbeat or bully (someone).

n.

1. A swaggering movement or gait.

2. Boastful or conceited expression; braggadocio.

I dunno. I'm 42 and grew up on the south side of Atlanta. Pretty sure that I have never wanted to be part of a team that brags, boasts or conduct itself with an insolent or arrogant air.

And I do want the Falcon's to win. I want them to beat the other teams down and stand over their broken bodies and tell them they are going to do it again the next play. I just want them to have a little self respect when they do it. Maybe I'm old fashion. God, it hurts saying that when I'm only 42.

To win football games, especially playoff games, you have to have a toughness. You have to bully your opponent. Instead to dishing it out the Falcons just sit back and take it and I'm sick of seeing it!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way that sounds man. The hiring of Nolan got me more excited than R. Kelly being asked to give a urine sample.

Lmao. Good one. That's funny tho because we actually had this same convo Sunday. He's very humble but he's arrogant too. The team needs that. One thing that used to piss me off is that arrogant look on Brees, Rogers, Brady etc faces in games when they played us. That's the look WE need. Now that TD has put the core together he can get those edgy players like that.

Guest TheIdowu

To win football games, especially playoff games, you have to have a toughness. You have to bully your opponent. Instead to dishing it out the Falcons just sit back and take it and I'm sick of seeing it!

I love my Falcons, but I mean, hot dang man! I think back to the second Saints game (lack of everything), the Seattle game (lack of killer instinct), the first Tampa game (what was that?), the Bears game (don't even want to think about it). I feel you man.

I think it's just the connotations of the word. I guess to most people they are not negative. To me they are. It's my problem since everyone uses the word.

I totally agree that this team needs confidence and toughness and yes you have to bully the other team. I too am sick of the weak output of the team during the big game.

Just reminds me of the movie 300. The spartans had confidence. It was fun watching Leonides tell Xerxes he was going to kill them all. That is confidence. When the immortals got their azzes kicked, that was swagger. At least that is what I think of when I hear the word.