What 3 Player Can You Least Afford To Lose?

Resse

Beside your QB of course. What 3 players would really crush your teams chances if they got hurt and how would you rank them?

Example as a Panther Fan if we lose.

1. DT Ron Edwards (again)

2. CB Chris Gamble

3. LT Jordan Gross

I would have said Steve smith but I have a lot of Faith in Cam skills Spreading the Ball around to the TE's and RB's. And more faith in the young WR's then I do in the back up Tackles on this team.

Edited by Resse

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say graham, strief and evans

for Atl, id say Turner, Nolan and Nolan hahahahahahaha

For the Saints JMO I think

1.Will Smith (really your only Pass rusher as of right now)

2. Jabari Greer (your best CB)

3. Graham/ Sproles (your best 2 weapons on offense losing either 1 would hurt).

I'd hate to lose Kalil. He has been the anchor of the Oline and has played at a top 3 level ever since he was drafted.

Losing Kali would hurt but Hangartner could switch to center and be pretty solid. That's why I don't think losing him is as big a lose as the other 3 guys I listed.

For the Saints JMO I think

1.Will Smith (really your only Pass rusher as of right now)

2. Jabari Greer (your best CB)

3. Graham/ Sproles (your best 2 weapons on offense losing either 1 would hurt).

will smith and his 6 sacks are replaceable. He was lost for 4 games last season and wasnt missed as bad as you would think.

Greer is good and would be missed. I agree he would be close to one i wouldnt want to lose.

Strief missed the rams game last season and we saw brees get creamed. Evans is our Best Olineman and runs the oline

will smith and his 6 sacks are replaceable. He was lost for 4 games last season and wasnt missed as bad as you would think.

Greer is good and would be missed. I agree he would be close to one i wouldnt want to lose.

Strief missed the rams game last season and we saw brees get creamed. Evans is our Best Olineman and runs the oline

For some reason I thought Will Smith had a better season. But if you're right you might have a worst pass rush then the Falcons this year.

I would have said the Olinemen but Brees gets the ball out so fast I didn't think it was that big of a deal to lose 1 of them.

For some reason I thought Will Smith had a better season. But if you're right you might have a worst pass rush then the Falcons this year.

I would have said the Olinemen but Brees gets the ball out so fast I didn't think it was that big of a deal to lose 1 of them.

i wouldnt say the saints have a great pass rush. lol

We have youth though that may take that step. HOPEFULLY

Ryan, Moore, Clabo

We don't have any depth at safety.

Redman is a solid back up but we wouldn't win many games with him. Especially with a slowing Turner.

Besides QB so you can't use Ryan.

For the Falcons JMO I would've said.

1. Turner (no proven back-up and he still such a big part of your offense)

2. Abe (really the only legit pass rusher right now and 1 of the leaders of the defense.

3. Spoon (How would your LB's group look without him? whoooo!!!)

I think you can take a hit in the secondary because your CB's group is good.

If your front 7 is good you can live with a back-up safety.

Oh and losing Clabo would hurt bad. The only reason I didn't list him was I think losing the other 3 would hurt more.

i wouldnt say the saints have a great pass rush. lol

We have youth though that may take that step. HOPEFULLY

Dude I actually looked at your roster and I'm not trying to be funny but you could have the worst group of DE's in this division.

Unless you blitz A LOT or Spags can get these young guys going or your DT become the best pass rushing DT's in the league. I don't see where your pass rush is coming from.

Besides QB so you can't use Ryan.

For the Falcons JMO I would've said.

1. Turner (no proven back-up and he still such a big part of your offense)

2. Abe (really the only legit pass rusher right now and 1 of the leaders of the defense.

3. Spoon (How would your LB's group look without him? whoooo!!!)

I think you can take a hit in the secondary because your CB's group is good.

If your front 7 is good you can live with a back-up safety.

Oh and losing Clabo would hurt bad. The only reason I didn't list him was I think losing the other 3 would hurt more.

Yeah, missed that part of your post. Makes sense not to include the QB as that would prob be #1 for every team.

Yes, losing Spoon would be huge, but I like Dent, Adkins, James and Nicholas alot and at least we would have SOME depth at that position. Nicholas could be a really good pass rusher given the opportunity IMO.

I would hate to lose Abe (love him), but I want to see what Sidbury can do. We still have Kroy too...even though he isn't much better than average - heluva motor though...

Losing Turner would be big, but I can see Snelling, Rodgers, and Smith splitting carries. If Turner can lose 15 lbs and gain the speed he had 3+ years ago, he would be considered top 5. He is still fast for his size, but he was faster and more dangerous especially when he was with SD...

Either way, you get to see what teams are made of and 2nd stringers get a chance to prove themselves when one of you starters goes down. One of the many reasons I love this game!

How refreshing to see a football topic!

Thanks Resse! biggrin.png

For the Saints

Any corner (we have seen the saints struggle and lose games over the years because the D cant hold up.) Lofton also is suspect in coverage so the secondary is a must.

Nicks we will see how Grubs (his replacement) does, yes he is good but if he goes down, then the effects of FA will slam the Saints in the face. No protection and Brees looks human real fast.

Brees (no contract = no wins)

Honestly i think Sproles is deadly for the Saints. That burst speed drives me crazy and makes me jealous at the same time. As teams move away from stopping the run to stopping the pass, he is a key to the hotrod.

Falcons gotta be

Abe (he is our only pass rush)

Tony G (Ryan love Tony G so if he goes out we really dont have a answer for that and could force us to change formations we use just because of him.)

Spoon (he is making up for Lofton, so losing him would be deadly)

Player we wish we could lose but cant seem to.

Sam Baker... The best player who is not a falcon. He should be a top 3 player for any team thats not the falcons. If he isnt playing the odds of getting sacks goes down.

For the Saints

Any corner (we have seen the saints struggle and lose games over the years because the D cant hold up.) Lofton also is suspect in coverage so the secondary is a must.

Nicks we will see how Grubs (his replacement) does, yes he is good but if he goes down, then the effects of FA will slam the Saints in the face. No protection and Brees looks human real fast.

Brees (no contract = no wins)

Honestly i think Sproles is deadly for the Saints. That burst speed drives me crazy and makes me jealous at the same time. As teams move away from stopping the run to stopping the pass, he is a key to the hotrod.

No QB that's to easy.

Falcons gotta be

Abe (he is our only pass rush)

Tony G (Ryan love Tony G so if he goes out we really dont have a answer for that and could force us to change formations we use just because of him.)

Spoon (he is making up for Lofton, so losing him would be deadly)

Player we wish we could lose but cant seem to.

Sam Baker... The best player who is not a falcon. He should be a top 3 player for any team thats not the falcons. If he isnt playing the odds of getting sacks goes down.

I thought Tony G as well but Turner would be a bigger lost.

Dude I actually looked at your roster and I'm not trying to be funny but you could have the worst group of DE's in this division.

Unless you blitz A LOT or Spags can get these young guys going or your DT become the best pass rushing DT's in the league. I don't see where your pass rush is coming from.

exactly why i said what i said. lol

McBride had two sacks in 3 games then got hurt so hes a positive.

Jordan was a rookie so he has alot of upside.

Now like i also said, HOPEFULLY some young ones step up lol

I thought Tony G as well but Turner would be a bigger lost.

Im not sure now. We lost his lead blocker with Ovi and have a rookie taking his place (the rook is scouted good though). Also they wanna get Rodgers more involved in the screen game.

I dont think Turners impact would be as much as it used to be, we also kept Snelling who has filled in for Turner before and has better hands.

We have options at RB, But at TE we are limited.

No QB that's to easy.

I was just joking the Brees contract thing. Pretty much Sproles, Grubs and just about any CB. In 09 the Saints secondary was deadly with turnovers. But i think in 08 or 07 the CB`s cost them games because of injuries. With Lofton playing every down (who was exposed on 3rd downs in the pass) i think could leave a huge weakness if a CB goes down.

Then again they got a new DC so its hard to predict if they will sit in zones or send pressure more.

In a passing league, losing a starting LT, CB or RB could be costly. While the Saints have depth at like RB, i think sproles is the best they got and really causes the mismatches with his speed.

Im not sure now. We lost his lead blocker with Ovi and have a rookie taking his place (the rook is scouted good though). Also they wanna get Rodgers more involved in the screen game.

I dont think Turners impact would be as much as it used to be, we also kept Snelling who has filled in for Turner before and has better hands.

We have options at RB, But at TE we are limited.

None of those guy have ever had a full carry load and if Turner goes down do you want Rodgers or Snelling getting 20-25 carries.