Worst To First? Two Of Our Favorite Divisions Discussed.

SaintRay

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8298d5cd/article/tampa-bay-bucs-have-best-chance-of-quick-nfc-turnaround?module=HP11_cp

(1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(2011 record 4-12) (NFC South Division Winner- New Orleans 13-3)

Why it will happen:

I've heard nothing but positive things about the discipline and structure that new head coach Greg Schiano has brought to the organization. That alone should be reflected in the win-loss column. Josh Freeman has rededicated himself following a disappointing 2011 campaign and he should benefit from several new offensive additions. Vincent Jackson will provide Freeman with a true No. 1 wide receiver while Carl Nicks will be a huge (literally and figuratively) addition at left guard. On defense, first-round pick Mark Barron should provide some big plays at safety while he develops into the leadership role held by current veteran Ronde Barber. The drama in New Orleans has made the goal of catching the Saints more attainable, and despite their recent success, the Atlanta Falcons don't seem to scare anybody.

Why it won't happen:

The Bucs will be relying on a lot of new faces to contribute in key roles. While it's conceivable that things could come together quickly, it will likely take a few games to smooth out some rough areas. The defense has already been dealt a big blow after losing second-year lineman Da'Quan Bowers to an Achilles injury last month. There is reason for optimism in Tampa Bay, but you can't sugarcoat the fact that this team is coming off a season in which it lost the last 10 games.

(2) Washington Redskins

(2011 record 5-11) (NFC East Division Winner- New York Giants 9-7)

Why it will happen:

The Redskins proved that they were capable of playing at a high level by beating the Super Bowl-champion Giants in both of their meetings last season. They were able to accomplish that feat with the original RG (Rex Grossman) at QB. The new RG (Robert Griffin III) should be an enormous upgrade at the position. New receiving weapons Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan should fit perfectly into Mike Shanahan's offensive scheme. On defense, the young pass-rushing duo of Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan is one of the best in the league and they are only scratching the surface.

Why it won't happen:

The NFC East is loaded. The Giants are coming off their second Super Bowl title in the last five seasons and many pundits don't even view them as the favorite in the division. The Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys both possess dynamic offenses and they can each create plenty of pressure with their pass rush. It is also reasonable to expect RG3 to have his struggles adjusting to a pro offense and opposing defenses that fail to resemble those of the Big 12.

Edited by SaintRay

I love how it's always brought up that the Redskins swept the Giants with rex grossman, so clearly with RG3 they are poised to take over the league right? As if sweeping the Giants somehow erases the fact that they were swept by every other NFCE team, and lost to the Rams, Dolphins, and Vikings of the world. laugh.png

Edited by NYG4

Wouldn't surprise me if either happened.

Bucs have a lot of talent on defense and offense that just needs more time to gel. ...and well coached.

I thought the Skins were a good Qb and good WR away from a winning record. So I can see that also, if RG3 and Garcon light it up.

It's pretty obvious why one could say it could happen, just by the talent they've added, but they have a LOT going against them. Like a new head coach & coaching staff, a fan base that couldn't get more apathetic, and the NFCS is far from a cakewalk. That'd be great if it did happen, but I sure as **** won't be holding my breath!

do these guys even watch football ?????

Redskins ?????

oh yea with the Talent Eagles have, the chip Dallas has and the D Line GMen Have.... ok, watch Skins finish 3-13

Bucs

more realistic but 13-3 ????? are you kidding me ?????

Even with Saints Problems with Brees they are better than bucs 9 outa 10 games, and no matter what anyone here believes The Falcons are among the Leagues most Talented Teams , with big play guys at almost every spot on the Field.... If Cam dont hit that 2nd yr wall, Panthers are a better more explosive team than what we have saw outa bucs, V Jackson is good, but the key is Freeman, and until we see him be better it is what it is, last in south atm

Bucs are my Cinderella pick this season. They weren't a horrid team as last season looked. But can coaching get all that talent to buy in and play for all 4 Q`s? 2 years ago were a potential WC team and last year looked to start as contenders before blowing up.

Bucs are my Cinderella pick this season. They weren't a horrid team as last season looked. But can coaching get all that talent to buy in and play for all 4 Q`s? 2 years ago were a potential WC team and last year looked to start as contenders before blowing up.

I have a feeling about the Panthers. Just a gut thing.