23. St. Louis Cardinals OF James Ramsey

24. Boston Red Sox- SS Deven Marrero

25. Tampa Bay Rays- 3B Richie Shaffer

26. Arizona Diamondbacks- C Stryker Trahan

27. Milwaukee Brewers (Prince Fielder, DET)- C Clint Coulter

28. Milwaukee Brewers- OF Victor Roache

29. Texas Rangers

30. New York Yankees

31. Boston Red Sox (Jonathan Papelbon, PHI)

Comp round (also today)

32. Minnesota Twins (Michael Cuddyer, COL)

33. San Diego Padres (Heath Bell, MIA)

34. Oakland Athletics (Josh Willingham, MIN)

35. New York Mets (Jose Reyes, MIA)

36. St. Louis Cardinals (Albert Pujols, LAA)

37. Boston Red Sox (Jonathan Papelbon, PHI)

38. Milwaukee Brewers (Prince Fielder, DET)

39. Texas Rangers (C.J. Wilson, LAA)

40. Philadelphia Phillies (Ryan Madson, CIN)

41. Houston Astros (Clint Barmes, PIT)

42. Minnesota Twins (Jason Kubel, ARI)

43. Chicago Cubs (Aramis Ramirez, MIL)

44. San Diego Padres (Aaron Harang, LAD)

45. Pittsburgh Pirates (Ryan Doumit, MIN)

46. Colorado Rockies (Mark Ellis, LAD)

47. Oakland Athletics (David DeJesus, CHC)

48. Chicago White Sox (Mark Buehrle, MIA)

49. Cincinnati Reds (Ramon Hernandez, COL)

50. Toronto Blue Jays (Frank Francisco, NYM)

51. Los Angeles Dodgers (Rod Barajas, PIT)

52. St. Louis Cardinals (Octavio Dotel, DET)

53. Texas Rangers (Darren Oliver, TOR)

54. Philadelphia Phillies (Raul Ibanez, NYY)

55. San Diego Padres (Brett Austin, unsigned)

56. Chicago Cubs (Carlos Pena, TB)

57. Cincinnati Reds (Francisco Cordero, TOR)

58. Toronto Blue Jays (Jon Rauch, NYM)

59. St. Louis Cardinals (Edwin Jackson, WAS)

60. Toronto Blue Jays (Jose Molina, TB)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering what route the braves will take. Do they go for the most signable again. Or do the go with best position player or pitcher available. I personally hope braves go with best outfielder available

Under the new MLB slotting system each team gets a certain amount of money with which to sign their players based on the number of picks they have and where they are drafted it. So all this stuff about signability shouldn't mean nearly as much anymore unless a guy is dead set on going to college.

But I agree in hoping the Braves go with the best outfield available. Hopefully a college outfielder that wouldn't take long to get to the majors. I really wanted the Braves to do that last year but they didn't.

Under the new MLB slotting system each team gets a certain amount of money with which to sign their players based on the number of picks they have and where they are drafted it. So all this stuff about signability shouldn't mean nearly as much anymore unless a guy is dead set on going to college.

But I agree in hoping the Braves go with the best outfield available. Hopefully a college outfielder that wouldn't take long to get to the majors. I really wanted the Braves to do that last year but they didn't.

for some reason i thought the new slotted payouts started next year. I don't think a player being in college allows him to get to the majors quicker. It does help with scouting said player. But if a person can hit he will progress through the minors quickly whether he came from high school or college

A&M OF Tyler Naquin has been linked to the Braves by some of the analyst he's not really a power hitter but does have pop he's mainly a guy who hits for a high average and gets on base but he only has average speed hes also a plus defender with a good arm

The scouting report I read had Naquin as a guy who may hit .280 with 30+ doubles and 12-15 HR

A&M OF Tyler Naquin has been linked to the Braves by some of the analyst he's not really a power hitter but does have pop he's mainly a guy who hits for a high average and gets on base but he only has average speed hes also a plus defender with a good arm

i want to say that i read somewhere that the braves were going to start drafting like the use to. Focusing on speed, avg, ops and not so much on power

Jim Powell brought up Marcus Stroman a RHP from Duke and I must say I like what i've read about him his fastball sits in the mid 90s and can reach 98 his changeup is low to mid 80s and he has a hard overpowering slider hes also been working on a cutter

He is considered very close to MLB ready and could help in the bullpen as early as September but he does project out as a very good SP

Jim Powell brought up Marcus Stroman a RHP from Duke and I must say I like what i've read about him his fastball sits in the mid 90s and can reach 98 his changeup is low to mid 80s and he has a hard overpowering slider hes also been working on a cutter

He is considered very close to MLB ready and could help in the bullpen as early as September but he does project out as a very good SP

most projections i have seen have had the Braves taking him. While it is all good taking top pitching prospects there comes a time when you either stop drafting so many or you have to trade them. Drafting a highly rated bat is better than having to trade multiple players for 1 bat

Edited by Cable Guy

for some reason i thought the new slotted payouts started next year. I don't think a player being in college allows him to get to the majors quicker. It does help with scouting said player. But if a person can hit he will progress through the minors quickly whether he came from high school or college

A college hitter may only be a year or 2 from making an impact at the major-league level while a high school hitter sometimes can take upwards of 5 or 6 years before they become an impact bat at the major-league level.

Plus it's a lot easier to judge college hitters than high school hitters because high school players still have so much growing left to do before they get to their adult size.