Nfl Commentators Best/worst

razrtalon

Best Howard Cosell I hated this opinionated P.O.S. but boy could he getcha going. I LOVED him on Monday Night Football. I will never forget watching Dec. 8, 1980 when he told the football watching World John Lennon had just been shot and a few minutes later came on and told us he was dead after being gunned down in front of his apartment. I still get upset when I think about it. My father had just died 6 months previously and it was like a knife through my heart. Whenever the Rams were playing on Monday Night Football (this was back when the Rams were in L.A.) he'd have Lennon up in the booth and shoot the chit with him. For me, being a huge Beatles fan and loving football as I do, it was magical compared to what we get today.

And WHO could ever forget Cosell's legendary quips with Muhammad Ali? Extrordinary!

Was he a pompous, arrogant, conceded, pain in the ***? Absolutely! But I LOVED to watch him and listen to whatever nonsense he was spouting at the moment.

We rarely realize the good until it's gone and we can no longer complain about it. Just my 2 cents.Rodney.jpg

Best Howard Cosell I hated this opinionated P.O.S. but boy could he getcha going. I LOVED him on Monday Night Football. I will never forget watching Dec. 8, 1980 when he told the football watching World John Lennon had just been shot and a few minutes later came on and told us he was dead after being gunned down in front of his apartment. I still get upset when I think about it. My father had just died 6 months previously and it was like a knife through my heart. Whenever the Rams were playing on Monday Night Football (this was back when the Rams were in L.A.) he'd have Lennon up in the booth and shoot the chit with him. For me, being a huge Beatles fan and loving football as I do, it was magical compared to what we get today.

And WHO could ever forget Cosell's legendary quips with Muhammad Ali? Extrordinary!

Was he a pompous, arrogant, conceded, pain in the ***? Absolutely! But I LOVED to watch him and listen to whatever nonsense he was spouting at the moment.

We rarely realize the good until it's gone and we can no longer complain about it. Just my 2 cents.Rodney.jpg

You forgot to mention the bigoted comments that got his *** canned. JB.

'Look at that monkey go'-Howard Cosell

I guess as long as you got to hear John Lennon during L.A. Rams games, that negates any racist comment from the POS that is Cosell

I guess as long as you got to hear John Lennon during L.A. Rams games, that negates any racist comment from the POS that is Cosell

to be truly Politically incorrect

he should have said Monkey Fag lol

its getting ridonkulious ppl

yes the monkey comment was outa line, even for that era

but i dont think he meant anything by it, esp considering one of his best friends was Ali

there was truly man love between him and ali... did i say man love ???? ohhh no, thats Politically incorrect lol

everyone needs to just get over the race shyt .... we have a black president, Blacks are treated equal in every way these days , as they should be.... as far as the forbidden N word, if Blacks would stop using it , it would fade into the ashes of a mistake ridden history ....

as far as the Homos

well if some dude wants to drop to his knees and smoke *****, thats fine as long as i am not forced to say hey its ok, like it has been for the last 3 months .... like i say to each his own, but to tell everyone they are Racist because they dont tell their kids ***** Smoking is ok ,,, well we may need to look at the moral standards we are setting for our Children....

Geezzzzzz. Cosell was a fantastic announcer. His monkey comment wasn't likely wrapped in bigotry considering 4/5 of the stars he covered were of other than white decent. He was old school and what he said wasn't PC, but years earlier it was completely acceptable. But I don't think referring to him as a racist POS is correct either. People need to lighten up.

So.........ALL you remember of him was that he once said, "Look at that lil' monkey go? That's plain SAD!

A bit of Trivia... Do you remember who he was referring to when he made the comment?

So.........ALL you remember of him was that he once said, "Look at that lil' monkey go? That's plain SAD!

A bit of Trivia... Do you remember who he was referring to when he made the comment?

joe nameth?