Lofton Leaving Is A Good Sign

Good Read. I am still not sure what to think of Lofton leaving. I guess we will find out soon enough. Now if it were Ray Edwards or Dunta, I would be elated.

I think Dunta will flourish in the nickle man, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but as you said, "We'll see."

What a great read. This guy really knows what he is talking about.

I really cant wait to see what an NFL DC can do. Just like the article said, VanGorders schemes are pretty much built for college. Nolan is an NFL DC. ****, Nolan will probably be able to get something out of Ray and Dunta.

The VanGorder Gap, I love that. I have screamed at my TV so many times because of this.

Edited by blackredfellow

How is this guy getting accolades for writing an article about Lofton's departure

without one single mention of who is going to replace him?

Nolan and Spoon have their own jobs to do.

Last year, Nolan had more than 5 DB's on 70 % of the plays. Spoon and Nicholas will be LB in Nickel Package. For what is worth Nicholas outplayed Curtis Lofton in 3rd down coverage last two years but hardly saw any action as a Nickel LB. After BVG gone, Mike Nolan thought Lofton was a two down LB. But the bigger question is can Lofa or Dent step up in the running game, Lofton was a tackling machine and thats where he might be missed the most if Dent and Lofa can't get it done in run game.

Last year, Nolan had more than 5 DB's on 70 % of the plays. Spoon and Nicholas will be LB in Nickel Package. For what is worth Nicholas outplayed Curtis Lofton in 3rd down coverage last two years but hardly saw any action as a Nickel LB. After BVG gone, Mike Nolan thought Lofton was a two down LB. But the bigger question is can Lofa or Dent step up in the running game, Lofton was a tackling machine and thats where he might be missed the most if Dent and Lofa can't get it done in run game.

147 tackles and 87 of them were solo. Solo means he made the tackle alone. His

replacement was not named in the article and everybody thinks the article was fantastic.

Hello!

Incidentally, I think we are going to be fine if Tatupu starts. Possibly even improved a bit.

The article was not a great read is all I am saying.

147 tackles and 87 of them were solo. Solo means he made the tackle alone. His

replacement was not named in the article and everybody thinks the article was fantastic.

Hello!

Incidentally, I think we are going to be fine if Tatupu starts. Possibly even improved a bit.

The article was not a great read is all I am saying.

Agreed on Run defense its a big gap. But Lofton was really bad on third down coverage which hurt the team and he didn't like the two down LB tag and hence moved on. I wish Lofton was'nt so bad in coverage esp on 3rd downs, he could have been paid like a 3 down LB. There is a reason Grimes was frachise tagged not Lofton.

I'm fine sacrificing a couple of tackles for better coverage. The running game was funneled to Lofton, which wasn't a bad idea. It capitalized on his best asset. He was a supreme liability in anything else though. His INTs could have fell in anybody's lap at MLB. It wasn't like he deciphered the play and broke on the ball.

Tatupu and Dent will be just fine. Dent is a good thumper and Tatupu was better than Lofton pre injury. If he can get back 75%, he is just as good as Lofton.

I am glad Lofton is gone to tell ya the truth. He was only a 2 down LB. He was great against the run but down right sucks against the pass. People don't realize this, but in his first two seasons he had........Zero INT's.........and........Zero(thats right 0) pass defensed. You would think in two years he could have gotten in a passing lane.......ONCE! When we play NO if he is on the field every play should be a 10 yard pass in the middle of the field somewhere! LOL.

Once we're breaking up over the middle passes on the regular, Lofton will be forgotten. He was definitely an impact player here, but we haven't won anything yet. If he caused us to win a few playoff games by his effort alone, I'd be sad to see him go. Bottom line was the defense needed something. If they saw fit to let him go, so be it. People on the inside know more than we do-period. Way before Norwood started getting hurt. People clamored for him to start over Dunn...it never happened. Somebody saw something in him that said he wasn't able to carry the load way back then. Change is good...