Hbo: Weight Of The Nation

lostone

Just watched the first episode and am now slightly depressed. I am overweight and hope to get to the slightly overweight category within the next few months (at 250 and trying to get to 225). This documentary should be watched by all. I wonder why it had to be on HBO and not network television...

Just watched the first episode and am now slightly depressed. I am overweight and hope to get to the slightly overweight category within the next few months (at 250 and trying to get to 225). This documentary should be watched by all. I wonder why it had to be on HBO and not network television...

You should watch "Food Revolution" with Jamie Oliver. I think it's the second season now, and it's very eye-opening about what goes on in public schools that gets our kids hooked on s*** food and keeps them there the rest of their lives.

The single best piece of advice from someone who has dropped 30 pounds and is now just 5 pounds away from no longer being classified by the government as "overweight"...count calories. There are all kinds of diets and fads and BS artists running around. But if you count your calories then you will know how many you consume and how many you burn. If you can cut 500 calories a day through diet or exercise then you are guaranteed to drop a pound a week. After a year, you're down 52 pounds.

At first, 500 calories might sound like a lot. Consider, however, exchanging a tablespoon of butter to cook your egg in the morning for cooking spray and you've already dropped 200 calories from your diet. Leave cheese off of that sandwich for lunch and that's another 200 calories you've saved. You would be shocked how many calories you will save dropping cheese, oil, and sugar from your diet. Most people could be at their ideal weight within two years if they simply used cooking spray and swore off cheese and desert from their diets. Do an hour on an elliptical or get out and hike for an hour three times a week, and you're talking reaching ideal weight withing a year easy.

It is surprisingly easy to lose weight. The shocking thing is how few people realize how simple it is.

You should watch "Food Revolution" with Jamie Oliver. I think it's the second season now, and it's very eye-opening about what goes on in public schools that gets our kids hooked on s*** food and keeps them there the rest of their lives.

The single best piece of advice from someone who has dropped 30 pounds and is now just 5 pounds away from no longer being classified by the government as "overweight"...count calories. There are all kinds of diets and fads and BS artists running around. But if you count your calories then you will know how many you consume and how many you burn. If you can cut 500 calories a day through diet or exercise then you are guaranteed to drop a pound a week. After a year, you're down 52 pounds.

At first, 500 calories might sound like a lot. Consider, however, exchanging a tablespoon of butter to cook your egg in the morning for cooking spray and you've already dropped 200 calories from your diet. Leave cheese off of that sandwich for lunch and that's another 200 calories you've saved. You would be shocked how many calories you will save dropping cheese, oil, and sugar from your diet. Most people could be at their ideal weight within two years if they simply used cooking spray and swore off cheese and desert from their diets. Do an hour on an elliptical or get out and hike for an hour three times a week, and you're talking reaching ideal weight withing a year easy.

It is surprisingly easy to lose weight. The shocking thing is how few people realize how simple it is.

I lost 40lbs last year cutting carbs (280-240) and gained some back. I know how to lose weight. My problems it is all mental. The hungar pangs kick in and my mind goes to the easy way out first erich is fast food/ ice cream. Today was extra crazy... I got hungry mid day and ate a cup of oatmeal. Not 20minutes later the hungar pangs started again. I started feigning for sugar. If I can get through a reduced calorie/low carb meals, I should be fine.

I lost 40lbs last year cutting carbs (280-240) and gained some back. I know how to lose weight. My problems it is all mental. The hungar pangs kick in and my mind goes to the easy way out first erich is fast food/ ice cream. Today was extra crazy... I got hungry mid day and ate a cup of oatmeal. Not 20minutes later the hungar pangs started again. I started feigning for sugar. If I can get through a reduced calorie/low carb meals, I should be fine.

They have 100 calorie snacks now. Each those every two hours and you'll lose weight.

Try a piece of fruit for the sugar cravings. Also, check out Slim A Bear Klondike sandwiches. They are 100 calories and taste good, that'll satisfy the ice cream craving without killing a diet.

Sorry to give you bad news, but according to the BMI charts, you are well overweight unless you are over 7 feet tall @ 250 pound. As a matter of fact, if you are under 6'3" @ 250 pounds, you are very close to morbidly obese. At 6'2", being 192 pounds is considered borderline obese.

Sorry to give you bad news, but according to the BMI charts, you are well overweight unless you are over 7 feet tall @ 250 pound. As a matter of fact, if you are under 6'3" @ 250 pounds, you are very close to morbidly obese. At 6'2", being 192 pounds is considered borderline obese.

BMI can eat a ****! I was 10% body fat at 215lbs before... If I get to 215-225 lbs, I wont look that heavy.

BMI doesn't account for muscle mass. According to the BMI calculator, Julio Jones is overweight. Anyone want to go up to him and say he's a fatty?

Exactly, I hate I hate hearing about BMI. If you have a decent amount of muscle mass then you show up overweight according to BMI....def. not a good way to base health off of.