How Many Years/conditions Does It Take To Make Ryan A Success Or Bust?

red2play

I'm curious as to what will it take for Matt Ryan Haters to consider him a success and lovers to consider him a bust? Respectfully, if you don't want to answer that question, please don't post on this thread. If you just want to dis or rah rah, find another thread please.

I guess I'm more against than for Ryan because even before the draft I didn't want him. For me, I need to see progression and him overcome what I DONT LIKE and that's his arm strength. I said it before the draft and I've seen too many balls that Roddy had to come back to, his arm strength has to improve to be on an elite level IMHO and I haven't seen that yet so I have two conditions that would make me a Matt Ryan LOVER!!!

1. Get to the NFC championship (he doesn't have to win it but make a decent showing in the Championship game).

2. Show enough arm strength when opponents load up eight in the box.

Again, this thread isn't to hype or dis Ryan, you have to state what would change your mind for or against Ryan.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

I'm curious as to what will it take for Matt Ryan Haters to consider him a success......

I guess I'm more against than for Ryan......

Looks like you're imminently qualified to answer your own dumbazz question.

Guest Gritz

I have a novel idea... Before a poster is allowed to post, and IQ test should be given to judge whether or not they are worthy to share their opinions.

There would be about 30 posters max on this board.

Same thing that the Vick (fans ) did ...Matt Ryan fans are doing ...

Vick was a GOD here ...you criticize his work ethic or thrive or his football IQ ..you get called a troll

The Vick fans would argue its the

a)oline fault

b)Wrs fault

c) OC and Reeves fault

Yet people with any sort of football knowledge would see that

oline is bad which they were but also Vick fault cause he doesnt know how to read a defense and get ball out of hands and rather play streetball wrs- would drop passes cause Vick threw the ball like a rocket and it was not in great spots to make catches ..He also threw off wr routes with the streetball

I remember when people said Vick would flourish in WCO under Knapp ...How did that turn out ..

SOONER OR LATER PEOPLE WILL REALIZE

The Qb we all thought was going to be special is not and we need stop making the same excuses

If Falcons management were smart ..They let Ryan play out next 2 years of his contract ...do not extend his contract ..He has 2 years to prove he can take a team deep into playoffs and show he can bring us to our ultimate goal which is a championship .This not only goes for Ryan this goes for Smith and TD

6 years is a sufficient enough time to see if this is the right group or not ..

If No deep playoff run I feel Blank should fire TD and Smith ...Bring in a NEW GM and let him choose what to do with Ryan but preferably let Ryan go ..

He is the best QB this franchise has had. 3 playoff appearances in 4 years. Holds numerous club records, and his success is still being questioned? I don't get it...

I have a novel idea... Before a poster is allowed to post, and IQ test should be given to judge whether or not they are worthy to share their opinions.

Saying Ryan is the best QB in franchise history is like having one of your kids tell you you're the best father they have. Matt is just the beneficiary of a woefully run franchise that barely won 40% of it's games in its history (pre Blank of course).

If Falcons management were smart ..They let Ryan play out next 2 years of his contract ...do not extend his contract ..He has 2 years to prove he can take a team deep into playoffs and show he can bring us to our ultimate goal which is a championship .This not only goes for Ryan this goes for Smith and TD

6 years is a sufficient enough time to see if this is the right group or not ..

If No deep playoff run I feel Blank should fire TD and Smith ...Bring in a NEW GM and let him choose what to do with Ryan but preferably let Ryan go ..

You need a lesson on how elite NFL teams run. You obviously have no idea even though you're so enamored with them.

There would be about 30 posters max on this board.

Aww man, I might be in trouble here.

Edited by JOEinPHX

Ryan is too good to be labeled a bust, even with the revised expectations of the last 4 years.

You don't have to be great to win Super Bowls and you don't have to win Super Bowls to be great.

I think we are now evaluating Matt Ryan on the ability to be dominant. I don't see it.

What does it take to be "dominate'?

Win 66% of your games, Win 75% of your games? Win 80% of your games?

Ryan is too good to be labeled a bust, even with the revised expectations of the last 4 years.

You don't have to be great to win Super Bowls and you don't have to win Super Bowls to be great.

I think we are now evaluating Matt Ryan on the ability to be dominant. I don't see it.

Right on. Superb post.