2 People Dead After Swarms Of Venomous Spiders Invade Indian Town

Welp, it's official. I'm never going to India. I'd rather deal with zombies.

SADIYA, India – A town in India has suddenly been overrun by swarms of venomous spiders, leaving two people dead after being bitten.

It may sound like a B-grade horror movie, but residents of the town of Sadiya, in Assam state, say that on the evening of May 8 as they were celebrating a Hindu festival swarms of spiders suddenly appeared and attacked them, The Times of India reported.

Over the next few days two people -- a man, Purnakanta Buragohain, and an unnamed school boy -- died after being bitten by the spiders. Scores more turned up at the town's hospital with spider bites.

Local resident Jintu Gogoi spent a day in the hospital complaining of excruciating pain and nausea after being bitten. He said weeks later his finger was still blackened and swollen.

District authorities are also panicking -- and they are considering spraying the town with the insecticide DDT.

Locals say the most terrifying aspect is that spiders appear in swarms and their behavior is highly aggressive.

"It leaps at anything that comes close. Some of the victims claimed the spider latched on to them after biting. If that is so, it needs to be dealt with carefully. The chelicerae and fangs of this critter are quite powerful," head of the department of life sciences at Dibrugarh University Dr. L.R. Saikia said.

Teams of Indian arachnid experts have flocked to the town, hoping to identify the species, but so far they have drawn a blank.

They say it could be a tarantula, a black wishbone or even a funnel-web spider -- or it could be a whole new species.

One thing they agree on is that it is not native to the area as there is no record of venomous spiders in Assam. The black wishbone and funnel-web are native to Australia.

Researchers are also still running tests to find out the toxicity of the spiders' venom.

Dr. Anil Phatowali, superintendent of the town's hospital, said they had not administered antivenin as they could not be certain the spider was venomous at all.

He also pointed out other factors may have contributed to the two reported fatalities.

"All the bite patients first went to witch doctors, who cut open their wounds with razors, drained out blood and burnt it. That could have also made them sick," Phatowali said.

Welp, it's official. I'm never going to India. I'd rather deal with zombies.

One of my best friends is of Indian descent. Once he was trying to talk me into taking a trip there and I told him the idea of taking a trip to India is a lot like the concept of having a pet monkey: it sounds like a lot of fun at first, but once you have to start dealing with all the filth and disease...unsure.png

"You know it's the only country that still has the plague? I mean.. the plague?!?! Please!!"

Zombies arent the problem in a zombie apocalyse. The real problem are the Sickos who no longer have any fear of being punished by society to worry about. Or the people who have become so hardened by the deaths and killings to survive, that they end up like Shane.

Zombies arent the problem in a zombie apocalyse. The real problem are the Sickos who no longer have any fear of being punished by society to worry about. Or the people who have become so hardened by the deaths and killings to survive, that they end up like Shane.

why did the hipster burn his tongue?

because he drank his coffee before it was cool.

Indians are the superior beings.

2012-06-01T025908Z_2_CBRE85007T500_RTROPTP_3_USREPORT-US-USA-SPELLING_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

5 straight spelling bee champions

I don't know about that. There is a chicken restaurant that closed here recently owned by Indians.

These people could not figure out how to sell chicken to poor people.

That aside however, they make excellent doctors and are quite driven intellectually.

On the other hand I won several spelling Bees as a school boy so I am living proof you can lose it as a skill.

Edited by TheThinker

But they make great customer service reps...lol

I love when they try to give an "Americanized" form of their name when talking to you.

"Hello I'm Cris how can I help you today?"

Chris for Krishna

Sam for Sanjeep.....whatevs dude you dont need to give an Americanized name for me to trust you.

All jokes aside though Indians are cool peoples for the most part. There are so many though. They were everywhere when I was in Sharjah. They use to shower in these open air, but closed off areas, next to the hotels where they were staff since the racist arabs didnt let them use the bathrooms inside. You could get your fill of some pleasantries(showering), and some not so pleasant facts of life(using the restroom....both 1 and 2unsure.png ) if you looked out the third floor window of the place I was staying.

Edited by Forever Julian