Why The "abortion By Gender" Bill Is Nothing But Political Posturing By The Gop.

Spacey C

Think, people. Stop just reacting.

The GOP has had times when they had the numbers to pass any anti abortion law they wanted, but they didn't.

So the new noise is " we want to ban gender based abortion!"

No they don't, its just a new way to slap a hot button and get non thinkers aflame. answer this please.

If abortion were made illegal, why would you need the gender law? it would be covered.

If abortion is kept legal, and the gender bill were made law, how many women would admit they wanted an abortion because of gender when they can get a regular abortion with no questions?

Think people, think.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think, people. Stop just reacting.

The GOP has had times when they had the numbers to pass any anti abortion law they wanted, but they didn't.

So the new noise is " we want to ban gender based abortion!"

No they don't, its just a new way to slap a hot button and get non thinkers aflame. answer this please.

If abortion were made illegal, why would you need the gender law? it would be covered.

If abortion is kept legal, and the gender bill were made law, how many women would admit they wanted an abortion because of gender when they can get a regular abortion with no questions?

Think people, think.

but but but but the dems are bad and there is a media black out about everything the righteous republicans want to do.

In all seriousness I totally agree. It is nothing more then a stunt.

Ironically from the same people who keep touting the jobs issues want to distract from it.

This is an issue fought all the time in the courts. And nothing gets through a non super majority Senate as controversial as this. I'm not sure the GOP has ever had a supermajority, not to mention there have been any number of pro choice Republicans, especially in the Senate.

If the right is incapable or unwilling to do anything about abortion related issues, why are Democrats promoting the idea that Republicans are waging a "war on women"?

So you cannot answer the questions I asked so you go " but But but...."

And its the GOP claiming the dems had a war on women last time I checked.

Answer the questions I asked instead of " but but but..."

Can you?

There is a segment of the right that will fight to the death over abortion while the rest of the party will compromise in order to appeal to the middle. Is that complicated?

So you still didn't answer my questions. Her they arewhy, if regular abortions are legal would a woman admit she wanted an abortion due to gender? Wouldn't it simply make sense to make all abortions illegal like they say they want to?

Your answer merely paints the repubs as I said they were, people full of talk and nothing more.

they didn't say winning a war on women.

I see the left is dropping the "war on women" strategy because it started losing traction. Republicans merely called their bet and raised them one by attempting to portray Democrats as anti-housewife and pro-abortion against women. Both sides are halfway full of excrement on the isssue, but its a campaign year, what do you expect?

they didn't say winning a war on women.

I won't hijack my thread but the right seems to think a " war on women" is when people call Sara Palin and Michelle Bachman idiots. That isn't a war on women so much as low tolrence for two idiots who happen to be women.

I can't think of anything the dems have spoken about pertaining to limiting womens rights.

So you still didn't answer my questions. Her they arewhy, if regular abortions are legal would a woman admit she wanted an abortion due to gender? Wouldn't it simply make sense to make all abortions illegal like they say they want to?

Your answer merely paints the repubs as I said they were, people full of talk and nothing more.

What the law would do is put the public on notice that gender based abortion is illegal and if a doctor is found to be a partner in any gender based abortion decisions he would be doing some jail time. I dont read anymore into it than that.

Edited by Rambler

When did you last check, 1960? All I've heard for years is that the Republicans want to "tell a woman what to do with her body."

and they do, in talk form in order to get votes from their base. I have never accused them of actually wanting to go through with it.

However, if they are going to talk about I think the best counter is to say its a war on women.

But this thread was started because a hardcore rigyty started the original thread claiming the killing of female fetuses was a war on women.

And it is.

In CHINA where it actually happens.

What the law would do is put the public on notice that gender based abortion is illegal and if a doctor is found to be a partner in any gender based abortion decisions he would be doing some jail time. I dont read anymore into it than that.

So you are going to be incorperating a thought police squad? Because you're going to need one.

So you are going to be incorperating a thought police squad? Because you're going to need one.

I think if a woman walks into an abortion clinic and says "I want an ultra sound, and if it is determined to be a girl I want an abortion" and the doctor says "sure" , his or her azz is going to jail.

I think if a woman walks into an abortion clinic and says "I want an ultra sound, and if it is determined to be a girl I want an abortion" and the doctor says "sure" , his or her azz is going to jail.

and you actually think this conversation will take place outside of a republican wet dream? Women can get ultrasounds at their regular doctors without ever stepping foot into an abortion clinic. So why, if regular abortions are legal, would a woman put herself into legal danger by ever having that conversation?

personally i am against abortion in pretty much every single possible scenario, but if a society allows abortion then does the reason really matter?

and you actually think this conversation will take place outside of a republican wet dream? Women can get ultrasounds at their regular doctors without ever stepping foot into an abortion clinic. So why, if regular abortions are legal, would a woman put herself into legal danger by ever having that conversation?

You are aware that such an incident just happened at a planned parenthood clinic?

I won't hijack my thread but the right seems to think a " war on women" is when people call Sara Palin and Michelle Bachman idiots. That isn't a war on women so much as low tolrence for two idiots who happen to be women.

I can't think of anything the dems have spoken about pertaining to limiting womens rights.

However we HAVE seen bills geared against women.

For example the equal pay law that was revoked

making it legal to pay men more for the same work.

I was saying this in the other thread. The bill wasn't rejected because Democrats want more sex selective abortion, it was rejected because a husband or parent that didn't want their spouse/daughter to have an abortion could force a woman into court by claiming that she's having an abortion because of the fetus's sex, which is (not really) coincidentally exactly the sort of thing the Republicans would want in the news in an election season.