U.s. Payroll's Disaster Made Worse By Grossly Distorted Unemployment Statistics

IceStone

The official unemployment rate is 8.2%. However, if you start counting all the people that want a job but gave up, all the people with part-time jobs that want a full-time job, all the people who dropped off the unemployment rolls because their unemployment benefits ran out, etc., you get a closer picture of what the unemployment rate is. That number is in the last row labeled U-6.

U-6 is much higher at 14.8%. Both numbers would be way higher still, were it not for millions dropping out of the labor force over the past few years.

Given the complete distortions of reality with respect to not counting people who allegedly dropped out of the work force, it is easy to misrepresent the headline numbers.

Digging under the surface, the drop in the unemployment rate over the past two years is nothing but a statistical mirage. Things are much worse than the reported numbers indicate.

Last month the seasonally adjusted Civilian Labor Force fell by 342,000. This month it rose by 642,000.This is beyond statistical noise, to the point of pure statistical bullsheet.

http://www.marketora...ticle34951.html

I agree its rough, but if you are ging to count the people who quit looking you have to count the ones with more than one job and the ones who are self employed.

IMO, if you aren't even looking for work, you're not unemployed because of anything but your own choice.

Meant to edit my post not quote it. Oh well.

Edited by TheThinker

More people have attempted to re-entered the job market and most believe this is the reason for the spike in unemployment numbers. The problem the Obama administration has is the more employers begin to hire, the more people will re-enter the market. The numbers probably wont change too much in the coming months.

More people have attempted to re-entered the job market and most believe this is the reason for the spike in unemployment numbers. The problem the Obama administration has is the more employers begin to hire, the more people will re-enter the market. The numbers probably wont change too much in the coming months.

Some truth to that, but they still only added around 80,000 jobs this month if I remember correctly which isn't enough to keep up with population growth, so that certainly had an effect on the numbers, but the bottom line is that the number of 8.2% isn't even a real number and we have seen over the past few years how the number can change but the same amount of people can be unemployed.

I agree its rough, but if you are ging to count the people who quit looking you have to count the ones with more than one job and the ones who are self employed.

The people who have "quit looking" are really just people who ran out of unemployment benefits.

People who think this just aren't using common sense.

If a person is not drawing unemployment benefits, there is no way on God's green earth for the government to know if they are looking for a job or not.

So it is impossible for them to calculate how many people who don't have a job are re-entering the job force.

People who think this just aren't using common sense.

If a person is not drawing unemployment benefits, there is no way on God's green earth for the government to know if they are looking for a job or not.

So it is impossible for them to calculate how many people who don't have a job are re-entering the job force.

It may have something to do with people registering with the employment agencies looking for work. Cant say for sure how they know this myself.

Makes sense.

When you cut the public sector jobs, who employ more minorities due to racism in the private sector, the unemployment rate of minority workers increases.

It's so bad, Black owned businesses won't even hire and promote Blacks...

Ryals and Smith worked at the World Wide Technology facility in Austin, Texas that supplies parts to Dell Computer Co. In January 2006, Ryals led dozens of coworkers with grievances that alleged discrimination at this work site. Subsequently passed over for a promotion that was given to a white woman, Ryals was fired in April 2007, accused of sexually harassing a Hispanic female subordinate.

One charge that has been leveled at the country’s largest African American-owned firm is that management positions are dominated by whites and that very few blacks hold high-ranking positions. David Steward, chairman of the board, is African American, as is human resources vice president Ann Marr.

When questioned about the lawsuit and employee advancement, World Wide Technology spokesperson Edward Levens said, “World Wide Technology has no comment. The company does not make public statements on personnel or legal matters.”

Though other World Wide Technology workers had filed complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, lawyer Allen did not attempt to get class-action status for the lawsuit. However, more racial discrimination court cases against the company may, however, be coming in the future.

Black men are the least of Obamas employment worries. He`s too busy focusing on black females. They are smarter and more deserving.

How are you defining smarter?

Women of all races in this nation do better in school, as a group, than their male counterparts. That is how the system is set up now, and it isnt hard to believe when young boys are suspended for calling a teacher cute

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04/boy-suspended-from-school-for-sexual-harassment-after-calling-teacher-cute/

It's so bad, Black owned businesses won't even hire and promote Blacks...

Ryals and Smith worked at the World Wide Technology facility in Austin, Texas that supplies parts to Dell Computer Co. In January 2006, Ryals led dozens of coworkers with grievances that alleged discrimination at this work site. Subsequently passed over for a promotion that was given to a white woman, Ryals was fired in April 2007, accused of sexually harassing a Hispanic female subordinate.

One charge that has been leveled at the country’s largest African American-owned firm is that management positions are dominated by whites and that very few blacks hold high-ranking positions. David Steward, chairman of the board, is African American, as is human resources vice president Ann Marr.

When questioned about the lawsuit and employee advancement, World Wide Technology spokesperson Edward Levens said, “World Wide Technology has no comment. The company does not make public statements on personnel or legal matters.”

Though other World Wide Technology workers had filed complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, lawyer Allen did not attempt to get class-action status for the lawsuit. However, more racial discrimination court cases against the company may, however, be coming in the future.

I believe that phenom is common.....called self-hate.

How are you defining smarter?

Women of all races in this nation do better in school, as a group, than their male counterparts. That is how the system is set up now, and it isnt hard to believe when young boys are suspended for calling a teacher cute

http://www.foxnews.c...g-teacher-cute/

I believe that phenom is common.....called self-hate.

His reference about women being smarter I know are tongue and cheek, but he constantly goes out of his way to give the impression that he cares more about putting females to work than males. I guess it`s his constant pandering to womens groups that causes me to think that way.

His reference about women being smarter I know are tongue and cheek, but he constantly goes out of his way to give the impression that he cares more about putting females to work than males. I guess it`s his constant pandering to womens groups that causes me to think that way.

I think he is more popular with black women then men from the start. This months Essence Magazine, the largest African American women publication in the country, has his photo on the cover. A random month of the year, and there he is. Shows the love he has with that demographic.

Easier to pander to your base, than it is to stretch to people more weary of him.