Massaquoi Contract Numbers

Durrtay

Falcons sign fifth-rounder Jonathan Massaquoi

by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, June 1, 2012 at 10:01 pm ET

Mike Smith Profile

The Atlanta Falcons have signed fifth-round outside linebacker Jonathan Massaquoi to a four-year, $2.26 million contract.

The deal includes base salaries of $390,000, $480,000, $570,000 and $660,000.

The 6-foot-3, 264-pounder recorded 128 career tackles for Troy with 19 1/2 sacks, 31 tackles for losses, a dozen quarterback pressures, two forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, three pass deflections and one blocked kick.

Massaquoi was on preseason watch lists last year for the Lombardi Award, the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award, the Bronko Nagurski Award, the Chuck Bednarik Trophy, Ted Hendricks Award as well as for the Pony Express Award.

The Falcons have now signed all of their draft picks.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

The Falcons have him listed as a defensive end not outside linebacker.

Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have signed defensive end Jonathan Massaquoi.

Then again in the past they have asked the DE to drop back into coverage from time to time. So he could be DE/OL.

I could be wrong, but those numbers look high for a lat 5th round pick. I'm not meaning that in a critical way, but more in a "wow, they must really like what they saw in OTA's" kind of way.

Nah, like Cap said, those are the same minimum base numbers that all of our draft picks received. Massaquoi wound up getting a $160,000 bonus... which is probably a little high for a fifth round pick, so that must be what the delay was about. I'm just glad we've got him signed and ready to go now.