Facebook Stock Taking A Nose Dive ..

hope everyone knew someone that they were able to short it cause not many hit the market to be able to ...I see it going to 17 by Dec

Facebook's stock fell Friday with the broader market following a weak jobs report that showed the U.S. economy adding far fewer jobs than expected.

Shares of Facebook Inc. fell $1.88, or 6.4 percent, to close at $27.72 on Friday. That's down 27 percent from its initial public offering price of $38. And it's down about 13 percent for the week.

Facebook began trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market two weeks ago Friday on a day marred by trading glitches and general investor confusion. The IPO capped the worst week for the U.S. stock market so far this year.

Baird analyst Colin Sebastian started coverage of Facebook's stock Friday with an "Outperform" rating and a target price of $37. The keyword, he said, is potential.

"Despite near-term headwinds from the shift to mobile and sluggish social game trends, we believe Facebook represents an attractive long-term investment in advertising, digital media, payments and e-commerce," he wrote in a note to investors. He is referring to concerns about the company's ability to make money from the growing number of people who access Facebook through their mobile devices, where advertising is still scant.

Sebastian added that Facebook collects an "unprecedented amount of personal data and is in the early stages of monetizing these assets via targeted advertising."

Morningstar analyst James Krapfel, meanwhile, advised investors to be cautious and said the company "is likely to disappoint investors over the next 12 to 18 months."

their market cap was valued at 104 Billion dollars and they only make around 1 Billion a year. Google is currently cap at 186+Billion and makes around 10 billion in profit.

people with half a brain should have known that something was fishy, when they valued FB at more than half that of Google, who makes more than 1 Billion dollars off Ads from iOS devices. Most tech sites I visited were talking about how Facebook IPO was going to flop after the initial filing.

I read where young people buy almost nothing from fb ads. I nor any of the late middle age crowd I know buys anything from fb. Can't be that many Seniors using fb, so wtf is buying from ads on fb?

I'm surprised they turn a profit at all. I'm just po'd I'm not very liquid right now or I would have shorted the eff out of fb stock, smh

I read where young people buy almost nothing from fb ads. I nor any of the late middle age crowd I know buys anything from fb. Can't be that many Seniors using fb, so wtf is buying from ads on fb?

I'm surprised they turn a profit at all. I'm just po'd I'm not very liquid right now or I would have shorted the eff out of fb stock, smh

I had Mexican food for lunch so I'm pretty liquid right now.

until advertisers quit buying in, it isn't really facebooks problem that people aren't buying from those ads. I have never bought anything I have ever seen advertised on the internet simply because I saw the ad. And i don't know anyone who has, FWIW.

Edited by TheThinker

until advertisers quit buying in, it isn't really facebooks problem that people aren't buying from those ads. I have never bought anything I have ever seen advertised on the internet simply because I saw the ad. And i don't know anyone who has, FWIW.

Well that is the problem for FB. Companies are starting to pull their ads. They realize it is dead money.