Playbook Describing Dirk Koetters Playcalling Tendencies.

bighurt

I'll bet a hundred bucks I'll be the only one defending Kutty in 2015.

The rest of yall will be calling for his head by the bye week.

I'll have to see what he can do with the talent we have before I proclaim him to be an offensive guru brother. That comes from the skeptic in me and if the past is a good predictor of the future then he came up short in Jacksonville and he will have to make me a believer.

I'll bet a hundred bucks I'll be the only one defending Kutty in 2015.

The rest of yall will be calling for his head by the bye week.

Can I make a side bet that in one of said posts shortly after. We will all read a "boyhowdy" or "hucklebuck" comment.

I don't think you can use Jacksonville's offense (if you want to call it one) as an indicator of Koetter's tendencies.

All he had to work with is a RB and TE--that's why 99% of his plays went to those two positions. And the fact they were the two positions that he could count on to make a play with a rookie QB.

Think about it, almost every rookie relies on his RB and TE (Turner & Gonzalez) their first year in the league. Ryan was fortunate to have Roddy, Jenkins and Douglas as additional weapons.

Long story short, Koetter should have a field day with our guys and the beauty is none of the teams will know what to expect since they won't have any film of his Falcons offense. All Playbook is doing is guessing right now.

Guest Gritz

I'm thinking that Koetter is going to work out fine here. I'm not going to lie or try and change my post history. I was ready for Mularkey to go....but he brought this offense up to a level of consistency and efficiency that we haven't seen in a while.

There's a fine line in between having a good, productive offense and an elite offense. We had the first....and with a bit of tweaking, a better, healthier offensive line and a reenergized Ryan?

I like our odds of having a much better O.

Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is expected to install a pass-heavy offense that will also feature the no-huddle, and QB Matt Ryan likes that idea. It not only allows him to call plays at the line of scrimmage, but it also gives the Falcons a chance to dictate tempo. "I love it," Ryan said. "It's something we've had success here with the past four years."

2012-06-02 06:36:47 | Source: CBSSports.com - Pete Prisco

Access more Dirk Koetter news and rumors by clicking here....

Access more Matt Ryan news and rumors by clicking here....

Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is expected to install a pass-heavy offense that will also feature the no-huddle, and QB Matt Ryan likes that idea. It not only allows him to call plays at the line of scrimmage, but it also gives the Falcons a chance to dictate tempo. "I love it," Ryan said. "It's something we've had success here with the past four years."

2012-06-02 06:36:47 | Source: CBSSports.com - Pete Prisco

Access more Dirk Koetter news and rumors by clicking here....

Access more Matt Ryan news and rumors by clicking here....

Only the idiots here think the offense will look the same as MM's and what Koetter did in JAX. The guy was under dictator Del Rio's rule and had scrubs to work with on offense. He had 1 playmaker his entire time there in MJD.

One of the things that was mentioned in that analysis of the Colts jags game in 2010 was Dirk's ability to copycat a play and make it work for his on personnel. It looks like we may be bringing a Colts style of copy cat offense to the falcons with more extensive no huddle mixed in with some huddle. Koetter has been in that division for about 5 years so I'm sure that he has really studied how the Colts got down.

Matt Ryan said that they watched film of similar offense when they first got back to their first offeseason workouts in feb.

it is all starting to make a lot of sense now to why they went after Koetter. If anyone can tell you how the Colts did it it would be him.

One of the things that was mentioned in that analysis of the Colts jags game in 2010 was Dirk's ability to copycat a play and make it work for his on personnel. It looks like we may be bringing a Colts style of copy cat offense to the falcons with more extensive no huddle mixed in with some huddle. Koetter has been in that division for about 5 years so I'm sure that he has really studied how the Colts got down.

Matt Ryan said that they watched film of similar offense when they first got back to their first offeseason workouts in feb.

it is all starting to make a lot of sense now to why they went after Koetter. If anyone can tell you how the Colts did it it would be him.

I didn't want to say anything lol. We would get torched by plays both offensively and defensively, yet our coordinators never just copied it and did it to others. MM would have said "Well the Titans have Vince Young, not David Garrard". Koetter made it work with what he had.

I didn't want to say anything lol. We would get torched by plays both offensively and defensively, yet our coordinators never just copied it and did it to others. MM would have said "Well the Titans have Vince Young, not David Garrard". Koetter made it work with what he had.

he sure did and it work wonderfully. Copy on Koetter Copy on.