Whichever Candidate Who Would Embrace This Idea Would Win This November.

Rambler

No tax on overtime worked. I know for a fact (I`m sure you do to) of people who pass up on overtime because they dont feel like getting 40% of their check taken away from them. It hurts production, and it hurts the guy who is willing to work his butt off but doesnt want to get taxed as if he is a Wall Street CEO. The working guy would vote overwhelmingly for the candidate who says they will make this happen.

I know the next question for me is would I vote for Obama if I knew he could make this happen? I darn sure might, especially if the polls opened on a pay day.

No tax on overtime worked. I know for a fact (I`m sure you do to) of people who pass up on overtime because they dont feel like getting 40% of their check taken away from them. It hurts production, and it hurts the guy who is willing to work his butt off but doesnt want to get taxed as if he is a Wall Street CEO. The working guy would vote overwhelmingly for the candidate who says they will make this happen.

I know the next question for me is would I vote for Obama if I knew he could make this happen? I darn sure might, especially if the polls opened on a pay day.

Bah! I am salary IT!!!! I wish I could get this.

With our tax code, it's not possible. Our government has a hard enough time tracking how much people make. You want them to start keeping track of their hours? What about guys that work 80 hours one week and take a week off (jobs that stop for rain and weather, this is common)?

I would rather them institute more labor laws. Salary employees can't work more than 45 hours a week or no more than 4 days a week.

A lot of people would object on the premise, but it really is best for everyone. In times of a down economy, people go unemployed and the people fortunate enough to keep their jobs work 60 hours to make sure the job gets done. For every 2 employees doing that, it would be another employee hired by that company. We allow corporations to take advantage of employees by controlling them with fear. And people sacrifice a lot of their personal life that should be spent with their families.

sounds like a good idea. i never knew why overtime is taxed so much but I know I have avoided it the way it eats up a paycheck. " work more for less money? pass"

With our tax code, it's not possible. Our government has a hard enough time tracking how much people make. You want them to start keeping track of their hours? What about guys that work 80 hours one week and take a week off (jobs that stop for rain and weather, this is common)?

I would rather them institute more labor laws. Salary employees can't work more than 45 hours a week or no more than 4 days a week.

A lot of people would object on the premise, but it really is best for everyone. In times of a down economy, people go unemployed and the people fortunate enough to keep their jobs work 60 hours to make sure the job gets done. For every 2 employees doing that, it would be another employee hired by that company. We allow corporations to take advantage of employees by controlling them with fear. And people sacrifice a lot of their personal life that should be spent with their families.

I have worked many jobs where I was payed for hours worked (taxed) and per diem (not taxed). Its not that hard.

I've heard people say that exact same thing, that overtime isn't worth it because of the taxes. How does that work? Why isn't it taxed at the same rate as straight time?

Ultimately, it is unless it pushes your yearly income into another bracket. But who wants to work 60 hours on the promise that you'll get the extra deductions paid back at the end of year?

Ultimately, it is unless it pushes your yearly income into another bracket. But who wants to work 60 hours on the promise that you'll get the extra deductions paid back at the end of year?

So, is a weekly check with OT taxed like it was 1 of 52? Does that make sense? Like, it's taxed as if you'd make that amount every week?

Employees where I work are taxed at a different rate when they exceed their threshold of hours for the pay period. I barely pay attention until I achieve 40 hours of OT (extra $1,000 on my monthly check), but I am lucky to take home an extra $650 for it. Don't get me wrong, it's loot, but since my overtime rate is lower than what would be my hourly rate (I am salaried), taking more taxes out makes it even more of a pain to work the overtime.

Employees where I work are taxed at a different rate when they exceed their threshold of hours for the pay period. I barely pay attention until I achieve 40 hours of OT (extra $1,000 on my monthly check), but I am lucky to take home an extra $650 for it. Don't get me wrong, it's loot, but since my overtime rate is lower than what would be my hourly rate (I am salaried), taking more taxes out makes it even more of a pain to work the overtime.

Let me give you an example of something that happened to me . I was working 84 hours a week on the road and was bringing home $2,400 a week and one week in particular we were doing 18 hour days the entire week. so I`m thinking home run. I ended up working 30 more hours than the normal 84 and brought home an astonishing .................................................................................400 more dollars. You talk about one pissed off mfer.

Lmao, I guess I never have, but I can imagine. I bought a iPod several years ago, but when it craps out I'm replacing it with a regular MP3 player.

Make sure you buy it on line. I called a special number to get an iPad and even made sure the bimbo on the other end of the line repeated my order. I should have known paying $10 was too cheap. They sent me this:

D320.jpg