Do You Have A Favorite "i Was There" Moment

i wish i could of been there for that one. I watched it on tv though, total rollarcoaster.

I don't have a sports "i was there" moment. My kids being born would probably be my favorite moments. The first one being the most amazing, the third one being more like "alright it's out, wrap it up, lets get out of here"

I was at the Astros game in 1991 when the Braves won the division, biggrin.png

Of course I was 11 and went home covered in beer as well.

That was the same day I began to hate beer being served at sporting events.

Im sorry to do this to you man, but its time for an intervention.

Dont like Boobies, strip clubs and now beer at a sporting event.

http://www.thedistilledman.com/

I was in the Santa Clara County Lockup at the same time Angela Davis was there back in 1971.

I was there for 2 of the 4 reunion concerts in London when Cream reunited for 4 nights at The Royal Albert Hall in 2005.

I was @ Qualcom Stadium for Super Bowl XXXVII when the BUCS won their FIRST Lombardi Trophy.

Edited by jb.069

in football terms i have a few

saw D Sanders catch his first ever TD Pass from Wade Wilson vs Bucs in 35-7 win in1992 at the old Tampa Stadium

Saw The Falcons score an NFL Record 3 TDs in 58 seconds vs Panthers @ The Ga Dome in 1998

That same yr I was at Both games @ The Ga Dome , both big wins vs The Team I hated even more than the Saints at the Time, The Team that had just Crushed us Over and Over again for an Entire Decade, The Mighty 49ers who we sent home with ease after their Miracle win @ GB in 98

and we have pushed Niners around ever since :)

in my personal life

there have been a few i was there moments aswel ... but thats another story

WFW was there in the early 70's at a Skins preseason game with the Bills and got to meet O. J. Simpson after his then record 2000 yard season. WFW uncle was a kicker for the Bills John Leypoldt. Got the autograph, picture, handshake, the whole deal.

How much is a murderers autograph worth these days?

alley-baggett-043.gif

2009 playoff game vs Ealges.

Crowd of 100,000. Everyone was into the game for the first ever Cowboy game I had ever been to.

I couldn't talk right for a week after that game.

That place could be a real home field advantage if those **** fans would get off their iPhones and pay attention to the game.

Id love to see one game there before its all said and done.

WFW was there in the early 70's at a Skins preseason game with the Bills and got to meet O. J. Simpson after his then record 2000 yard season. WFW uncle was a kicker for the Bills John Leypoldt. Got the autograph, picture, handshake, the whole deal.

How much is a murderers autograph worth these days?

That's cool. I remember during the '76 season, we were playing the Bills and they were interviewing O.J. on the sideline in pregame warmups, right in front of us and I kept yellin' "Juice, Hey Juice..smile for the camera", and my wife got a terrific photo of him waving to us! He seemed like such a great guy back then. I have no idea where that photo is today though.

That's cool. I remember during the '76 season, we were playing the Bills and they were interviewing O.J. on the sideline in pregame warmups, right in front of us and I kept yellin' "Juice, Hey Juice..smile for the camera", and my wife got a terrific photo of him waving to us! He seemed like such a great guy back then. I have no idea where that photo is today though.

jb, he did seem like a genuinely nice guy who took time out to interact with the people. Last Time I saw juice was at my uncle's funeral in 1987 back in northern Va. Yes, juice was at the funeral! Johnny lived up in Buffalo, NY and ran several businesses but he was buried back here in NOVA where most of his immediate family lived. He had a heart attack while playing in a pickup basketball game. He was 40!

alley-baggett-043.gif

Still together?

I was born in 79 lol

We separated in '88 and I remarried in '91. We're still buds though. She's a good girl, a bit confused but a fine person. My Mrs. jb is da bomb! Raising 5 kids was a helluva task and she did a superb job.

I was born in 78 ya old fart.

No wonder us older folk have some trouble with you youngin's on here from time to time...but you should give jb, REV2, WFW and some other elders on here respect for hanging in all these years. We've all learned something in our life times and WFW knows you don't believe that just as we all didn't believe our parents many moons ago. But WFW realized along time ago they were a lot wiser than he thought!

alley-baggett-043.gif