If You Could Take Back Any One Move The Falcons Have Made--What Would It Be

Im not gonna say Vick, because then we would'nt have the team we have today..... taking JA98 in a draft with all of those people...its sucks.....but look at it this way. Right now everyones okay with Konz right? I am. But if he sucks and someone that was picked a few spots turns into an All-Star it'll will be on the list. The point is right now all they can do scout and try to pick the person they think is best. You catch a nice glimpse, but you never really know whos going to be in the HOF or Pro-bowl. Anyone can be a bust or get injured and I think with that risk we've done okay (Spoon, Roddy, Matt, C4, Julio). But when you're in the top 8 you need to get it done.....

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

Was there really a chance the Falcons could have been called the Baptists? You're kidding me, right? As an Arizonan, I've got no right to call Georgia a backward state, but c'mon man!

The Goober Peach Baptists.....coulda been worse.

Who the **** thought "Goobers" would have been a good nickname?

Would this have been our helmet?:

gooberfalconhelmet.jpg

All of these are very good and have a ton of merit on what these players had they been on our may have helped us. But I will put this #1 for just one reason alone. If we keep Dan Reeves for just one more year rather than hiring Jim Mora we would have our ring already. Dan would have had that 2004 team ready to play and we would have beat the Eagles that year and gone on to win it all. Plus I think Vick listened to him more than he did Jim.

Probably right about VICK and whom he might have

listened to. Post winning game quote went something

like: "Sometimes you have to overcome coaching"

That was Vick about Mora

Give me a break. Worst ever? Shut up.

No, you shut up.

Everything with regards to Vick (which I disagree with as we did have 2 playoff runs), Reeves, Petrino lead us to where we are now. The organization was forced to look at it's failures and make wholesale changes (McKay as GM, etc.) Favre would have never become the QB he was in Atlanta. To me that leaves moves like Peerless and Ray. Ray has pretty much given us nothing and while his contract isn't what truly kept us hamstrung (see Dunta Robinson) it's not helping. People are hoping he's going to get better but the guy just sucks from what I can see. Vikings fans weren't sorry to see him go for a good reason.

Probably right about VICK and whom he might have

listened to. Post winning game quote went something

like: "Sometimes you have to overcome coaching"

That was Vick about Mora

That was my point exactly, I think Mike looked up to coach Reeves and respected him and that is something earned and not given. Mora and Vick did not have that or at least that is my take. So with that being said, if the measure of success is a ring and a trophy then letting Dan go one year too early may be the biggest mistake of this Franchise.

But that is only if one feels that Dan could have taken us past what Mora did in that year (which i think he could have).

Was Dan Reeves a good GM? that is debatable and I feel many could do better, But Dan was a good coach and if he could have had one more year then who knows where we would be now.

Speculation is fun and is what makes a forum like this interesting.

Runner up, taking TJ Duckett with Ed Reed still on the board

Ouch...many teams have that sort of story though when they look back.

Eagles took TE LJ Smith...a couple spots later the Cowboys took Jason Witten. They also took Brandon Graham...and a few picks later the Giants took JPP.

These hurt because the moves involved the same position...and division rivals. Double whammy

I liked the Graham pick, but the ACL hurt...he's in great shape this year so we'll see. But JPP looks like a beast.

Was there really a chance the Falcons could have been called the Baptists? You're kidding me, right? As an Arizonan, I've got no right to call Georgia a backward state, but c'mon man!

dude, i wouldn't doubt it at all it's not called the bible belt for nothin, there's a section of my home town that has 10 churches in a 2 mile area.