If You Could Take Back Any One Move The Falcons Have Made--What Would It Be

So many good answers ouch....

One that hasn't been mentioned yet was firing Leeman Bennett. We went from playoff team to cellar dwellers for years after letting him go.

I was thinking about this in the back of my head too. Think we lost to the Vikings that last year after strike.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafting Vick, no doubt about it. Runner up, taking TJ Duckett with Ed Reed still on the board

Had we not drafted Vick, this thread would be titled: "If You Could Take Back Any One Move Los Falcones Have Made."

And the answer would be not drafting Michael Vick.

Edited by Mr. Right
Guest Gritz

It could've been worse though, The original team name ideas were the Goobers, Peaches, Baptists, or Yellow Dogs. (Yikes)

Why didn't they just totally screw us fans and call us the Goober Peach Baptists?

Well, it's like this....the more recent it is, the worst it is....so the recent on is taking Jamaal Anderson instead of Patrick Willis.

That being said, once upon a time the Falcons traded two (1994 and 1996) 1st round draft picks for a QB that had a 14-35 career record at the time. Not only was he a losing QB, but he was a complete ********* too. I am, of course.......talking about Jeff George.

The Colts traded the 1994 pick to the Niners, who drafted Bryant Young, who went on to be a 4 time All Pro, and may be in the HOF someday.

The second pick was used on a guy named Marvin Harrison, who may not go to the HOF, but certainly had a HOF worthy career.

So, all things considered, if I could go back in time and undo one transaction, this is it. I would have kept those two first round picks and drafted those two future studs.

The Anderson over Willis pick is pretty painful too.

Guest Gritz

I'll tell you all one thing.....you have to be pretty ******* tough to be a lifelong Falcon fan.

It's not an avocation I would recommend for weak puzzies.

Had we not drafted Vick, this thread would be titled: "If You Could Take Back Any One Move Los Falcones Have Made."

And the answer would be not drafting Michael Vick.

Seriously doubt it, because the Falcons had to trade up to get him. If the Falcons hadn't traded up, we wouldn't have known that was even a possibility. But if we are going to play that game:

I wish the Falcons had drafted Tom Brady in the 5th round in 2000. Or I wish the Falcons would have traded up and got Manning in 1998 instead of Brooking.

Petrino. That guy is the first-sign of the Apocalypse. A torrential rain of venomous feces that persists for eternity.

Vick. More so regret buying that chump's jersey. That thing is more useless and less fashionable than a merkin. Homeboy squandered his potential- now he's studying film? Thanks, Ron.

And what does that have to do with anything? Not like the Falcons were on the map and had the best fan base in the nation. Fact is, without Vick, an Atlanta football team wouldn't have made sense.

Whether if Vick screwed Blank over or not , Arthur Blank has been devoted to making a winning team since he took ownership. I feel pretty strongly that if it were not for the set back caused by Vick we would be a lot further along.

Trading a 1st round pick for Peerless Price was pretty bad. Willis McGahee was picked with the pick, and there were 8 additional Pro Bowlers taken in the next 19 picks:

Dallas Clark

Larry Johnson

Nnamdi Asomugha

Charles Tillman

Jon Stinchcomb

Rasean Mathis

EJ Henderson

Ken Hamlin

what does checking down have to do with a brighter future

You dont agree Flacco and Rice future brighter then Turner and Ryan

arent you same dude who wants Turner gone

Yes, but I also realize that he will be replaced by somebody so it's easy to say that two players that are going to be around for many more years have a brighter future than Ryan and an unknown replacement.